G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sad day at my house

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Refinance the G...if you really want to keep it.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sell both cars and get a used toyota for 5k, after you get a good job, then you can looking into the G again.

you do not want to be in debt for the rest of your life.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If you must trade your G and Jeep in for one more practical car, but love the G, you might want to take a look at the FX.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Because I used to be a mechanic in college, and I had two or three I worked on a lot. And I mean a lot. Like, they fell apart sitting still.

I had a friend who drove a nice Laguna Seca Blue M3... he got two great danes and traded the M in for a f*(%$*&#ing Range Rover. I begged him not to. But he didn't listen. He picked it up in the morning. By mid afternoon the passenger side window was acting up.

Oh, and not to mention the Navigation voice is a British guy. We called him "Gay Nigel." It fit.

And those are my proposed reasons why no one should EVER trade in a G to get a Range Rover. (If for no other reason than Gay Nigel.)
i asked cuz my family has a RR, i think it has great handling for a suv that big.

it has only 25k miles on it, so far it has no problem. but we will see... lol

and yes, i agree, the navi voice is gay, but you can upgrade it to the lastest BMW navi, i dont know how that navi voice sounds...

Old 08-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by wuyichao
i asked cuz my family has a RR, i think it has great handling for a suv that big.

it has only 25k miles on it, so far it has no problem. but we will see... lol

and yes, i agree, the navi voice is gay, but you can upgrade it to the lastest BMW navi, i dont know how that navi voice sounds...
Fantastic handling. And the adjustable suspension is sick. I LOVE the way they look.

Having saif that, I still wouldn't ever own one. You might get a good one, but most likely it'll end up nickel and diming you to death. A window regulator here, a switch there, a sensor here, a power steering line there.......

I just don't trust them.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
If you must trade your G and Jeep in for one more practical car, but love the G, you might want to take a look at the FX.
I'm sorry.. Does it sound like he can afford to get a FX right now? FX is more than the G..

Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by EuG35
I'm sorry.. Does it sound like he can afford to get a FX right now? FX is more than the G..
Trade them both in on a nice used one. Shouldn't be too much. HOw much ARE they?

-T

Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
How about a G35X.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
sorry man . . . i'm kinda in the later stages of the switching career = no money and huge bills issue now. it does get better, and if you can make it thru without having a bankruptcy on your record because you were smart enough to liquidate and eliminate debt early, you are already a step up on most in our situation. with your circumstances- perhaps no payment instead of a small payment is a better idea (go with a cheap used nissan/honda/toyota car like mentioned before). it just makes life so much easier now, and it makes it easier to afford the new gt-r when you are back up and rollin

Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by swage
I was going to go with an 07 Toyota 4Runner. This is horrible...just horrible. Any encouraging remarks or advice would be appreciated.
if you have to seel the g, then the 4runner is nice. get the v8.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
sorry to hear of your misfortune. I got rid of my G about 2 months ago due to a few reasons one of which was my financial status. In any event, I could have traded my G in and gottan a cheaper car but I didn't want payments. I am currently driving my 2000 honda civic ex and a day does not go by when I don't think about how much I miss my '06 G. (i miss it more esp cuz i sold it to a friend). anyways, I figure this is the best thing to do for now. I will be much more financially stable, hopefully, in another year or so when I plan on picking up a bmw 335i coupe. bottom like is that sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do. If i were you i would trade in for a cheap honda civic and keep some of the extra cash on hand for emergencies.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
wait for the 09 coupes.

rumors say theyre AWD TT 500hp

Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Trade them both in on a nice used one. Shouldn't be too much. HOw much ARE they?

-T
I wasn't sure so I did a quick look on KBB and an 05 FX35 with all the default options selected was $30k, probably more than the OP wants to or should spend.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
wait for the 09 coupes.

rumors say theyre AWD TT 500hp
Hahahah... we can only dream of an Infiniti made Vette killer. lol

Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the encouraging advice. It's official.....we announced our closing yesterday. I could easily afford to pay off the G and not work for a year and be financially able to do it. The plan however is not to go backwards and use up everything that I worked so hard to save. So, the G and Jeep have to go. I just picked up the G yesterday after getting a new front bumper. (someone backed into it last Wednesday and didn't leave a note, only scratche it up a bit) I love how this car looks........much more than the new body style. THe exhaust note NEVER gets old and for the money there is no better sport coupe around. I've enjoyed my time with the G and stopping by here to see what some of you have done with your cars. Some cars I've seen have been truly amazing. I left the G stock other than getting JDM clear corners which are a must on a black G. The only mod I considered but never got around to was a Z tube and performance exhaust. Oh well.........I'll leave that stuff to the rest of you now. I still haven't decided which vehicle to get but the 4 Runner is still the favorite so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad day at my house