G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sad day at my house

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad day at my house

Hey Fellas. I am an occassional lurker and have posted only a few times. I had no place to mourn so I thought I'd come here where others would understand my pain. I realized today that I have to sell my G35 coupe. I work in the mortgage industry as an Account Executive, and as most of you know the industry has taken a turn for the worse. I have two cars (06 g35 loaded coupe and a 05 Jeep Wrangler) and realized that the smart thing to do would be to trade them in and get one practical car. The jeep is paid for and I only owe 18K on the G. I have never been so attached to a car before in my life (I'm 35 and have owned many cars). I absolutely love this car. The thought of parting with it is making me sick to my stomach. I've never gotten so many looks in a car before in my life. My thought was that I cant drive the G in the winter and the Jeep isn't practical for work and has no air conditioning. I basically only drive the jeep in the winter or when taking the dog some place. I have a 65lb dog that I never let in the G. Also my payments are around $630 a month on the G. I was thinking if I got full trade in value for both and purchased a new car in the 34K range I would only be financing around 15K and my payments would be around $300 a month. Not to mention the new G37 is out which is only going to lower the value of the older body style.......very soon. Am I crazy for wanting to keep the G? Somebody tell me that I'm making the right decision here. I was going to go with an 07 Toyota 4Runner. This is horrible...just horrible. Any encouraging remarks or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by swage; 08-27-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Premier Member

Hey man, I feel you...I worked in the mortgage industry and my company closed during all these crap that is going on...Some of my friends still didn't get a job yet and they are waking up to the fact that they can't get jobs. I'm in the same boat as you. Jobless and stuff from the mortgage industry. I got a new job but I've been studying for the last 2 months now to get licensed and stuff...I'm going thru hell too...But I don't think the Toyota is going to help...Get something you can pay off with the sale of the G....Try not to get another payment....Look on the bright side man...You can always buy another G again...Just do what's good for you right now...I know there's no bright side but I"m trying to make you feel positive....Most of my friends are going thru this crap too...Some are in heavy financial problems...Worst then yours....I'm in Socal...Their mortgage is off the roofs...So, that being said...Buy something that you can paid off with the 2 trade in...So you don't have to worry about the car payments....Just gas which is high enough already. Good luck to you...

Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I am sorry to hear that, hopefully this turns around soon. What bank were you working for?
With the math you were doing, you could get an 07 g35x and be even happier than you are right now. With the experience that you have you could also try working as a loan officer or a processor if it gets hard $$$. I think Bay Rock bank was hiring AE's, but that was about 2-3 weeks ago :S
I wish you the best of luck and stay strong, I believe that the worse of it is almost over.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Evil Bastard
you could go with a mazdaspeed 6. It's below 30K, and since it's not as popular, you'll be able to cut a decent deal on one. AWD, 270HP turbo i-4, has a decent interior, ok gas mileage, roomy, and doesn't look like utter crap from the outside (strictly subjective, of course).

Though, to be perfectly honest, if you're trying to cut down on expenses, you should just go with a good used car, or keep one of the 2 cars you currently have. It seems like the obvious choice is to go with the wrangler, but then again, I'm not sure what you need in a single and only car.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 AM
i would keep the g for your dong u can buy a leather blanket that hangs on all four seats that keepts the furr from touching everything. do u have awd on ur g cuz then the winters its all g. but sorry for your problems

Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 AM
^ G coupes dont have awd...

And just keep the wrangler, sell the G. Wait til you get a good flow of income again and then get the G again or whatever car you want. I don't know what you mean by the jeep is not practical for work but if air conditioning is the only other disadvantage that's not much. I NEVER turn on the air conditioning in my G except when I have my friends in my car because they're high-maintenance dicks. I prefer fresh air in my face and I'm only hot briefly at lights. Plus summer is ending. I'm in socal too btw. Sorry about the hard decision you're going to have to make, I don't know if I'd have the willpower to go through with it but I think it's the wise thing to do, unfortunately. Good luck in the future though.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Jesus. I'm in Birmingham, and we've had a record amount of 100+ degree days this month. I wouldn't last 5 minutes with no a/c and black leather. :/

Anyway, selling the G is the smart thing to do. You'll miss it, you'll kick yourself some days, but you'll also thank yourself when it comes time for rent/mortgage payments and you HAVE it in the bank. I say trade both in and get a decent used SUV. DO NOT get a range rover.

What about a used early 2000's Tahoe or Yukon? The Z71 edition looks smooth, still has "respect" and you can pick one up at a reasonable price. They drive great, they'll carry your dog, and cheap to fix if something goes wrong.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nutt
i would keep the g for your dong u can buy a leather blanket that hangs on all four seats that keepts the furr from touching everything. do u have awd on ur g cuz then the winters its all g. but sorry for your problems
Damn, there are so many things wrong with this STATEMENT hehe...

Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Or you could trade them both in and get g sedan,a newer one with the bigger engine,it's faster and lighter than the coupes,and looks pretty nice imo. Up to you,sorry to hear about that. I'd personally just keep the g and try to workout a better payment with your company.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude sorry to hear the news. Take heart; I was jobless for 18 months during the .COM crash. I had been working in high paying jobs for 10 years and suddenly, I couldn't find a thing. I didn't own a G at the time but I did have to sell off everything to survive. Things did change and I found a good job and I'm back to what I was making before. It was difficult for awhile, but I eventually had enough money to buy a G. You never know what cards life will deal you but you can be sure you'll be back again at some point. Be strong and know you are doing the right thing. "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger" - Neitsche. Good luck.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Damn, there are so many things wrong with this STATEMENT hehe...
yeah, i mean understand spelling errors but jeeze.

and to the OP- sorry to hear the bad news. I've got some friends who are in the same field and going through the same thing....it will all turn back around its just a matter of time. I also either keep the Jeep or get a car you don't have to make payments on as others have suggested.

Last edited by kernel; 08-27-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 PM
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Let's just hope and pray that things would soon improve. I agree with hai109. Sell the Jeep if you can't go around w/o a/c and trade the g in for something cheaper, where you could cover the most of the balance with what you made out with the Jeep. Less monthly pay't means less worry, and less worry means less stress. You can always get another G35, even a G37, as soon as you think your financially able. Just stay healthy, keep your priorities straight, and stay positive.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Anyway, selling the G is the smart thing to do. You'll miss it, you'll kick yourself some days, but you'll also thank yourself when it comes time for rent/mortgage payments and you HAVE it in the bank. I say trade both in and get a decent used SUV. DO NOT get a range rover.
sorry, i have a stupid question, why not a range rover? just b/c of its price? or the quality of RR?

and to op, sorry about ur situation.
getting a car thats practical, imo, it will be a AWD, 4doors, low maintance cost, good mpg and affordable. the all new nissan altima 4door hybrid or 2.5 isnt a bad choice i think, and it looks pretty good.
as what other people have already said, im sure you will get what you want eventually, that includes your G and perhaps a better car!
cheers
wish you the best luck.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
you gatta do what you gatta do man. man up.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by wuyichao
sorry, i have a stupid question, why not a range rover? just b/c of its price? or the quality of RR?
Because I used to be a mechanic in college, and I had two or three I worked on a lot. And I mean a lot. Like, they fell apart sitting still.

I had a friend who drove a nice Laguna Seca Blue M3... he got two great danes and traded the M in for a f*(%$*&#ing Range Rover. I begged him not to. But he didn't listen. He picked it up in the morning. By mid afternoon the passenger side window was acting up.

Oh, and not to mention the Navigation voice is a British guy. We called him "Gay Nigel." It fit.

And those are my proposed reasons why no one should EVER trade in a G to get a Range Rover. (If for no other reason than Gay Nigel.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad day at my house