G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Own: STI but Looking: G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004 | 11:21 AM
|
Own: STI but Looking: G35 Coupe

Hey guys, I am a past WRX, and STI owner and am currently in the market for another car. I am entertaining the possibility of purchasing a G35 but am still hooked on AWD. I heard that the G35 comes in AWD, but wanted to know if this came in the coupe model too. I'm hoping one of you can help me get this straight.

I read the thread regarding the tranny problems that some of you have experienced, as well as the paint, etc...Though I know I may be in the wrong forum, (knowing that most of you may be biased being that most everyone here is an G35 enthusiast) but if you can please give me your honest opinions on what you think of your car overall is.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-03-2004 | 11:41 AM
Re: Own: STI but Looking: G35 Coupe

for AWD and g35... you need an automatic sedan... no 6mt sedan, and no coupe at all

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 02-03-2004 | 12:11 PM

I have owned a Coupe since March 2003 and my first Infiniti product. Not a one paint chip or any tranny problems. Absolutely no problems so far with anything. A couple oil changes at the dealer. Best dealer experience yet!

Old 02-03-2004 | 12:40 PM
|

thanks for both of your replies. eventhough the 6 speed coupe doesn't come in AWD, i'm still drawn to the car...i'll be lurking this forum for a bit until i decide what i want.

hopefully, by then some of you may have had the 2004 sometime to comment on any or no issues you have had.

Old 02-03-2004 | 12:48 PM

I was looking into a STI/EVO myself before getting a G35. What made me get a G was that it was nice and quiet. Overall a good chioce of mine.

99 Supercharged PY Civic SI 13.8@101mph
03 BO G35 xx@xxmph...to be continued...

Old 02-03-2004 | 04:10 PM

My g has perfect paint...nothing wrong with the paint YET!!!*crossing fingers*

Tranny seems nice and good, the shifting linkage seems kinda cheese d!ck. And my clutch makes some chattering, and weird noises when i shift gears. but no HUGE problems. the biggest problem to me is the damn RATTLING...i am about to sell this damn car due to all the rattles! haha jk, not that bad, but pretty damn annoying!

How is the STI on another note. How is the paint, interior, engine, power...anything bad?? My brother is in the market for a new car, he wants a track 350z or a STI, let me know about that STI, thank peace!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

Old 02-03-2004 | 04:48 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

I'm the proud owner of a Diamond Graphite (Silverstone here in Canada) A/T Coupe and have been for over a year.
Altho it's not perfect (what is?), it is the best ride I've ever had and gets a lot of attention from me and everyone else.
I've had no major issues and hope not to have. The fuel mileage is not as good as I expected but for now I'm willing to accept that and go on enjoying this fine ride.
I've done a few mods like Borla TD exhaust, Crawford Plenum, Grounding Kit, and Z-tube until K&N Intake arrives, and look forward to a few more mods when they're available.
Cosmetically, all I have is Zaino treatment and clear corners (front side markers) and of course those lovely Borla 'tips'.

We're a biased bunch I guess, you'd expect that, but an honest bunch too. From what I've seen and heard, everyone here is (generally) happy with their ride and willing to share their insight and experiences.
Welcome to our site, and good luck with your future purchase. Whether it's 2 or 4 wheel drive, Sedan or Coupe, A/T or 6M/T, I'm sure you'll be happy with a new G.
Currently AWD comes only in the Sedan with A/T.
The Sedan is also available with rear drive and a choice of A/T or 6M/T.
The Coupe is available with rear drive only and a choice of A/T or 6M/T.
I've not heard of any plans to have AWD in the Coupe. (yet)

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 02-03-2004 | 05:22 PM

I'm almost 100 percent sure that AWD for the coupe will happen at 2007 at the earliest...
long time to wait if you ask me.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 02-03-2004 | 05:38 PM

It's pretty much a given that a coupe in 2007 will have AWD, but it'll be called the GT-R and costs a lot more :P

Old 02-03-2004 | 05:45 PM

I think i could really help you. I came from an 02 WRX w/some mods. to an 00 S4 w/chip and exhaust. to the G35 coupe in diamond graphite. Granted i only have about 250 miles on the car, i am more excited about it than any other car i've owned. I live in WI and the AWD WAS essential, but from what ive learned so far in a few inches of snow along w/ some 17's and blizzacks is that the car can handle almost as well as the WRX. The VDC slip system is actually IMHO really good, and i feel very confident when i go out in the snow.

Also, get the navigation, you will love the car even more everyday you have it if

00 Nogaro S4 (326 HP)
Soon to be black G35

Old 02-04-2004 | 04:05 AM

that would be the R35

2004 G35C 5AT Blk/Blk, Pfm Pkg

Old 02-04-2004 | 09:17 AM

I recently traded my G for an STI...and could not be happier with the decision. If you want a luxury feel on the road, get the G; but if you like the sports car feel, stick with the STI.

ZEX wet kit 150+ WHP
ZEX remote opener, bottle heater
Denso iridium 2 steps
Z tube, Amsoil filter
Spec Stage 2 clutch
JIC-Magic traction rods
BFG Drags 265/40/18
12.85 @ 108.5 w/ 140 whp shot

Old 02-12-2004 | 02:46 PM
|

Thank you again for all of your replies.

GemmDeMoN, I loved my STi. Unfortunatly, I let a family member test drive my car and in the process he managed to total it. I wish I could answer your question, but I didn't even have it long enough to give you an accurate response.

You'll see me here posting if I decide to get the G35. In the meantime I'll be lurking...

Bev

Old 02-12-2004 | 04:43 PM
From: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

Having owned several sports cars, and having now owned my G for 10 days shy of a year, I will say that never have I been so satisfied with a car. While I used to cycle to work to get some fitness, every morning I get up excited that even a boring drive to work is made great by being in the G. While you may see gripes from time to time here on the forum, these tend to be amplfied by the forum. I think that stuff feeds off itself. Look at an M3 forum- same thing- you'd think that all M3 engines blow up if you didn't apply context to their forum. Generally, I think Infiniti dealers and service are better than most (my buddies and I were talking Subaru, Volvo and Saab nightmares just yesterday). Yes I have some stone chips. If I didn't regularly take rips beyond 200km/h on the 401, which is rather dirty this time of year, I'll bet I'd have no stone chips. (Interestingly, my friend's WRX has stone chips too.)
As for AWD, stability management in the form of VDC, along with some winter tires, makes the car just fine for winter driving. While I've not had a chance to drive the STi yet, I did thrash my friend's WRX for a couple hours last summer. The handling of the G will satisfy.
If you want the ultimate GT for less than 50K CDN (US 37K?) this is it.

DB

Old 02-12-2004 | 08:45 PM

Honestly, i don't think STI worth the money. If you see their resale value in comparison to G35C, you'll faint. IMO STI is just a modified version of WRX. The exterior of it is nothing better than a Protege. The interior is not good as well, my STI friend complaint that everytime he closed his door he feels it's gonna broke. You basically paying all the money for the engine and turbo, the exterior is nothing special imo. If you into racing, you might as well get the S2K or Z350, slower but could easily overcome the difference with slim mods. Plus both looks soooo much better than the STI and better interior also. How i think of STI is a Protege with massive engine mods and huge wings. (Actually Protege might still has better built quality) Not to mention it's a Subaru and won't worth much few years after because of its horrible resale value. If you want sport, get the 350Z or S2K, if you want the luxury get a G or BMW. Why spending so much on STI with no styling (imo), big wings, bad interior and built quality, bad resale value, and only the turbo engine?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Own: STI but Looking: G35 Coupe