G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

They Got Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
probably would have been less costly of a repair if the thieves could have just ripped the stereo out of the dash. Instead, they had to break a few panels and rip through the dash.

some people just dont care. sucks they would rather steal then to actually earn something.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iamdjpaul
I would have taken it to the police station... There had to have been finger prints on it....
The police came, he took finger prints and he said he didn't find any, not even my finger prints He (the cop) took my drivers license for ID and never gave it back to me, but saying he did, so now I have to get a copy ($10/7day). With the cop I have the right to say it was a BLACK thing with him. I'm not mad because this is America, and that's how america is. I'm from the UK and been here (america) since 1973. But it's all good. Everything is taking care of. I'll let ya'll know how good or bad the body shop is when I get my car back.

Hollaback

Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Hope it wasn't a black thing...my son was given a major bogus ticket and the officer gave his license back folded in half!! No Efiin respect

Anyway...sorry to hear/see that.
Hears something to consider getting and have activate with an alarm, though its for deterring car jacking.
Scroll down to see article.
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/
Check out the quicktime link.
FRY the BASTARDS...lol

Old 09-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude that sucks. When my teg was broken into, the cops called the detectives to get fingerprints. And they found a couple. They aslo got my prints to match and rule out a couple of prints.

dude and his "homie" stole my dvd indash, subwoofers, amp, and rear speakers. destroyed my hood cable "clips" and put some screw driver marks on my paint near the window.

Anyways, long story short, I'm getting a check for $50 a month for about 3years.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Not that surprising that they didn't find prints.. They could've easily worn gloves. How stupid are people to cause so much damage to a nice car just to get an aftermarket navi.. Lame. Did he try to get in from the top or did he just want to jack that button?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
that sux

what are your plans?

Will ins handle it?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by HipHopPro
In the parking lot at my job, John Young Pkwy & Sandlake (Orlando). Car's already in the shop. A co-work told me, and she saw the car drove away and I don't know why she didn't get the license plate number. She was parked on one side of me, and the guys was parked on the other side (drivers side). She said it was a green Acura with rims
Same thing happened to my Dad. Someone did a hit and run and somebody saw the whole thing, but they "didnt want to get involed" so they didnt get any information from the car that hit him. Where are all of the good samaritans?!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
isn't it true that even if the guy left prints, he MUST'VE been in jail first in order to match up the prints?

Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned
[QUOTE=2K5-G35-C]Same thing happened to my Dad. Someone did a hit and run and somebody saw the whole thing, but they "didnt want to get involed" so they didnt get any information from the car that hit him. Where are all of the good samaritans?![/QUOTE]

haha. dude. this is america. we mind our own business. i learned that a few years back with a tow truck reversed into my freshly painted integra. my mexican neighbors saw the whole thing but didn't bother to get the plates or rush over to my house and tell me.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hate to sound redundant but that sucks.. hope everything gets fixed like it didn't happen

Old 09-03-2007, 02:00 PM
hate when shiit like this happens!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:09 PM
the finger prints will do nothing. I had my trans-am driver window busted out, hood popped, alarm cut out, both alpine amps and alpine indash screen ripped out, they razor bladed EVERYTHING. My carpet, my leather, everything. They finger printed everything and told me they would get back to me, which meant jack ****. Sorry to pee in your cereal.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:25 PM
why do thieves always pop out those center console buttons...

Old 09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
That sucks azz. Seems like the thieves were some kids or first timers. They broke in, tried a couple of ways to rip out the console, then tried to pry out the HU, got scared, and ran away.

This is the case where you wished they took the thing so that the insurance can cover you for a HU replacement. Even if it's only for the factory one, at least you'd get some money back. Now, because it's still there and it's aftermarket, the insurance probably won't cover it at all except for the damaged parts.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned
the fingerprints worked for me. told me they would get back to me and everything eventually worked out. sucks that it didn't work out for you. i agreed to the $50/month payments for about 3 years. it was a punk kid so thats all he could afford. got to say the the city of Orange did a great job at handling the case. especially the cops that were there.

i didn't even have to go to court.

copy of the stubs.

Originally Posted by puskar69
the finger prints will do nothing. I had my trans-am driver window busted out, hood popped, alarm cut out, both alpine amps and alpine indash screen ripped out, they razor bladed EVERYTHING. My carpet, my leather, everything. They finger printed everything and told me they would get back to me, which meant jack ****. Sorry to pee in your cereal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.