G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

pics of mbq62's G35 and my evo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: pics of mbq62's G35 and my evo

Sloneek = Retard

Anyways, I hate how the damn G's xenon lights suck compared to other cars.

Nice Evo and G Btw.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i was never a fan of the evo's looks... but they've grown on me and i love how my car looks. but then, i didn't look to buy a car for its status marker looks. i bought the car for its performance, and the evo is precisely what i was looking for. i'm not into power seats, climate control for 2 zones, things like that... don't get me wrong, i love the g, it's a beautiful car.. but it's definately not for me. the G is a very affordable distance from the evo.. so of course i considered it.. but i chose the evo.

but if you're simply judging a car and a person on the cars' looks, then what does that say about YOU? but whatever, different strokes for different folks.

and dude.. dont' get me started on the STi...

Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM

Black Evo = Hot. Only thing that bugs me is the wheels. I actually like how it comes only prewired for a sound system. Saves everyone the trouble of ripping out the crappy Bose front components on the G.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-10-2004, 01:49 AM

DragonGCoupe....it comes the same for STi as well.....the prewiring for the sound system...

Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 AM

nice pics.

i'm glad I bought my G35

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation | Grounding Kit | AEM Cold Air Intake

Old 02-10-2004, 05:51 AM

yeah i tho evo was the ugliest car ever made... but the more i look at it, the more i like it! its pure performance! i love the Evo now... more than STis...

some ppl think out G35s are ugli as hell... F them!

Old 02-10-2004, 07:18 AM

Yeah, F them!

Old 02-10-2004, 06:10 PM

i agree but i would have take an sti over an evo,

EVO = 28k unreliable mitsu built on a 12k lancer with 16k in mods.

STI = 30k AWD Perfection based on a 24k WRX.

you do the math, which ones a better deal.

plus i can't go to the grocery store without seeing 5 evo's, where as seeing an STI is a rarity.

High Point NC
04 G35 6MT Sedan, Diamond Graphite on Black.
Arrived on 10/20/03
Mods include.
20% tint
INJEN CAI, black
clear bra
clear corners

Rip 2002 Altima 2.5s blk/grey 5/30/02-10/7/03

Old 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM

ok.. lemme clear up some ignorance about the evo/sti around here....

the STi is not a wrx with some mods. the STi is based off the impreza platform which starts about 14k.

the US STi market gets a 2.5 aluminum engine that has NOT been tested. it is a NEW engine whose weaknesses and strengths are not fully known. using 91 gas will make the engine prone to pinging. the turbo in the car is tiny. everywhere else in the world gets the normal 2.0 276 hp STi engine.

the mitsu's 4g63 engine has been around for more than a decade, getting more and more finely-tuned through each generation. there were crank walk issues, but they were resolved before the end of the 90's. the engine is damn near bullet proof and has a much larger turbo.

mitsu's bad rep usually comes from mitsu cars that've been made in the US... like the eclipse. the evo is 100% japanese. i'd rather put my trust in an engine that's as tried and true as the evo's with a huge aftermarket support and huge population of seasoned tuners/mechanics than trusting a new subaru engine whose aftermarket will be vastly american

also, the current EVO is NOT based on the lancer platform, thanks. this is a VERY common misconception. in fact, other than interior tidbits, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING shared between the two cars. the exterior panels are all different, the drivetrain, suspension.. EVERYTHING. cept the interior tidbits. back on subject though: the current evo was developed BEFORE the lancer was. so, effectively, the lancer is a car that shares a similar chassis/frame as the evo. that's it. not a "hopped up" lancer. not a "souped up" lancer. evo first, then lancer. for this generation, anyway. not flaming, just tired of people calling the evo a hopped up lancer w/o really knowing anything about the cars...

Old 02-10-2004, 08:26 PM
In Search of Magic

Hueman has a good point. The other day I saw a brand new lancer and a brand new evo right next to each other. They look way different. I mean nothing looks alike upon closer inspection. Its like the 330ci and the M3. They look virtually the same but to a person who knows a little about cars can tell the differences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 CB Coupe 6MT
Z-tube
Stillen Hi-flow

Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 PM

hueman, sorry for my ignorance of the EVO and STI, i agree that the EVO is a nice car that has a reliable and strong engine,

but you have to admit that the sti has a strong engine too, (the sti requires 93 gas in it, the dumbass's who run 91 get the pinging, wut do you expect when u don't follow directions)

There are a few STI's that are running low 11's, and about to brake into the 10's in the 1/4th mile w/ no problems. So that should show you that its got a strong reliable engine.

Also the sti has a much better quality fit and finish than the EVO. Subaru does have a better AWD platform than the Mitsu, but Mitsu is not far behind.

I have a friend with a 3000gt that was made in japan, and that car is the biggest pos. Its had 2 transmissions, water pump has been replaced 4 times, wiring problems, the adjustable suspension went out after 50k miles and multiple other problems. He takes great care of the car. But that shows you mitsu's quality on there made in japan cars.

But you do have to agree with the transmission problems, clutch prblems and the custormer service that goes along with purcashing an evo.

If all things were equal I would prefer the EVO. It just seems like that kind of car, fast, modable, and built to handle what I can dish out. But the dealership and sometimes company support is seriously lacking.

I mean I am all for you play you pay but they are taking it one step too far. When corporate goes to the track to catch people drag racing so that they can void there warrantee, one part of me feels like they have the right to refuse service to people who bring it on, but the other makes me think they are underhanded and trying to sneak around.

But i like the evo and the sti and they are both awesome cars, but i prefer the sti.

to each there own...

High Point NC
Arrived on 10/20/03
Mods include.
20% tint
INJEN CAI, black
clear bra
clear corners

Old 02-11-2004, 06:54 PM

the STi requires 91 minimum i believe... and california's highest grade of gas is only 91...

i don't know of any STi's that're running 11's with the stock turbo.. but i'm sure i've missed something along the way. please post a link or something if you have it available to you.

the buschur evo is running 11.65 with a stock turbo boosted at 24 psi.

as for clutch issues with the car... as with many awd cars, launching will fry your clutch FAST. if you drive your car normally, you won't have issues. mitsu designed the clutch to give out; if it didn't give out, then the tranny would be screwed. i've heard that some STi owners have had to replace/fix their trannies because of this.

i don't have any personal experience w/mitsu dealerships when dealing with service and stuff of that nature; i got my car in december, and really liked the whole buying experience (my very first car that i paid for) from my dealer. i think in the end, mitsu shouldn't have to "look the other way" when we buy their cars and abuse or modify them, and expect them to pay for the warranty work. i dont know how grounded the reports of track-stalking are, but that IS disturbing. i don't drag race, so i never really cared, but who knows...

i have a friend with a 3000gt... not a vr4... he hasn't had any problems with the car through its entire lifetime.

i'm not saying mitsu's perfect... or that they approach honda or toyota in reliability... but when comparing suby and mitsu, i just didn't think it was a worth a second look. (i actually didn't even consider the STi cuz i'm so anti-wrx.. was thinking of g35c and 350z though)

anyway, my only gripe about the car is its crappy paint.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:39 PM

here's and STI at 11.97 @ 118mph on stock internals on pump gas w/ a crappy driver with around 400hp.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us...i/2004_sti.htm

The evo that does 11.62 @ 121mph on race gas has nothing stock in the engine except the iron block (major advantage) and turbo. w/ 550 + hp and that is with the 3rd rebuild of his engine. The 4G63 has alot of potential and is the best stock 4 cylinder you can get for big power at this point.

Ths sti's stock turbo is much smaller than the evo's, but the sti's turbo is much easier to upgrade. (due to the evo's reverse scroll turbo).

but like u said before the sti's engine is new, and there is not as much aftermarket support for the US sti, but it is growing. I bet within a year your will be seeing 10 sec. sti's.

TurboXs and Vishnu are developing systems now, that will be in the mid to low 11's, if not high 10's.

High Point NC
Arrived on 10/20/03
Mods include.
20% tint
INJEN CAI, black
clear bra
clear corners

Old 02-11-2004, 10:12 PM

There have been many articles naming the EVO as a much better handler, over the STI.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:24 PM

i agree 100%, but you can always do suspension upgrades. and the evos handling is sick.

High Point NC
Arrived on 10/20/03
Mods include.
20% tint
INJEN CAI, black
clear bra
clear corners

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pics of mbq62's G35 and my evo