G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Greddy G35 in Dsport Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy G35 in Dsport Magazine

It really short and sweet very nice i wish i could have that setup... very nice http://www.dragsport.com i believe you can read the article... well figure i would put this on the board if i'm not late..

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/20/04 01:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Re: GReedy G35 in Dsport Magazine

greddy?

Old 02-20-2004, 01:11 AM

I didn't know it was so "reliability" tuned. Can we buy these yet?

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:23 AM

Here's the article.

GReddy's Twin-Turbo System Could Be a Tuner's Best Friend
Text & Photos By Michael Ferrara

If you got a $30,000 budget for a new performance vehicle, your decision just got tougher. Since the introduction of the models to the U.S. market, the EVO and STi have been the obvious choices. These AWD rockets deliver outstanding performance in nearly every category. However, there are still a number of enthusiasts that won't be caught dead in a four-door.

In the two-door performance car market under $35,000, the Infinti G35 Sport Coupe is in a class by itself. It offers 280 horsepower, great looks and great overall performance. Compared to an EVO or STi, the drawback of the G35 has been that the G35's naturally-aspirated V6 lacks the high-horsepower modification potential of the EVO and STi powerplants. Fortunately, GReddy Performance Products offers a great solution for the horsepower hungry G35 or 350Z owner.

Complete Engineering Forced Induction Solution

GReddy's pitch is that "GReddy kits are design and tested to match the best-sized turbo per application. The result is good response, smooth driveability, performance that can still be upgraded, and lasting reliability. It takes a tremendous amount of money and time to successfully increase the power of a naturally aspirated engine. With GReddy bolt-on turbocharger kits, one can obtain instant horsepower gains with less time and money, while still having room for upgrading." In our experience, GReddy products deliver as promised and this turbo system is no exception.

One of the biggest advantages to purchasing a complete forced-induction system as compared to piecing together a custom is the elimination of guesswork. Guesswork often results in the expense of buying the same part multiple times until an acceptable match or fit is found. Many times, guesswork results in the high expense of replacing parts that are broken in the development process. The GReddy system comes in with a retail price of $6495. When you consider that the system includes a pair of turbochargers, a pair of TiAl external wastegates, an e-manage fuel controller, injectors and all of the necessary hardware and plumbing, it works out to be a very good value. Another $1695 retail dollars will be needed to add the front-mount intercooler system to the package.

"Not-so-Hot" Rod

GReddy Performance Products, along with a number of other tuners that offer forced-induction options for the Nissan/Infiniti VQ35 V6 engine, are aware that the factory connecting rods will general fail when over 400 horsepower is generated at the wheels (meaning roughly 470 or more horsepower is being generated at the flywheel). For this reason, a number of manufacturers limit the horsepower output of their forced-induction systems so that the engine reliability is not put in jeopardy. On the GReddy system, boost pressure is regulated down to just 5.7 psi so that engine reliability is not sacrificed and 330 to 350 horsepower is generated at the wheels (depending on gasoline quality and whether the vehicle is a Federal or California emission spec). If a tuner is looking for more power and is willing to shell out the money, a set of lower-compression pistons, high-strength connecting rods, bigger fuel injectors and a stand-alone engine management system will allow the boost pressure to be turned up safely. With the boost turned up, we would believe that over 500 horsepower could be realized at the wheels based on the size of the turbochargers included in the system.

Beyond the Power

This particular G35 has also received a number of performance upgrades that improved its ability to attack corners and turn heads. Volk Racing SF Challenge rims of the 19-inch variety carry staggered widths (9.5-inch front and 10.5-inch rear) and Nitto 555 tires of the 245/35ZR19 variety in the front and 275/30ZR19 specs in the rear. The wheel and tire combo is controlled by a set of TEIN CS series coil-over suspension with EDFC electronic dampening force controller.

The Bottom Line

Checking my bank account, I find that I'm about $35,257 dollars short of having $35,000 for a new car (the account is currently overdrawn by $257 for those not good at math). However, there is nothing wrong with wanting something that you'll never have. Well, never say "never." There's always the lottery.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem,