G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

13 electronics tweaks available at your dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2004 | 08:38 AM
Re: 13 electronics tweaks available at your dealer

This is a better format than the frequently asked section. I
will definitely have my system customized to my taste. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2004 | 02:16 PM
|

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Why is my dealer charging me $89 to change these settings? IS THIS RIGHT?????

<hr></blockquote>

When I first called a service manager about it, he said something about $35 per setting. When I arrive for my service, another manager wrote up my work order and said these were simple and free, so I kept my mouth shut and got what I wanted for free.

You should tell your dealer that other Infiniti dealers are doing it for free. You might also be able to get the same things done at Nissan dealers as these settings are also on Altimas and probably other Nissans as well.

Dr. Jim
2003 DesertPlatinum/Graphite G35C 6MT
Aero/Prem/Nav/HyperGround/XMSat/BSM/Tint/ClearBra/CG/NismoChromeShifter/RacePedals/Z-tube/JWTPopCharger

Old 02-26-2004 | 04:09 PM

Thanks Doc. They still have the car (2 days late now) so they will be doing the changes per our recent negotiation.

I brought a printout of the FAQ sheet with all the mode options and the service guys was like "WHERE DID YOU GET THIS". He didn't know what BCM even was, then he figured out that he may be able to make money on me followed by. . " Some of these internet guys come in here and they know about recalls before Infiniti dealer does!"

That was me 3 mos ago asking if he could check whether the cranks sensor recall that he didn't hear about affected me! He was referring to me the bastard!

THEN. the whole reason I am there is for them to fix the BAD rattle in the driver door. I had them check the rear deck which is only rattled when playing van halen on 30....so they fix the rear deck and cant reproduce the door rattle! Then I explain how to hear the rattle (30 ways) and then am told that I will have to pay for any repairs since I have taken the door panel off to try and identify the issue without makeing a 3 day dealer trip out of it.

" well we may have put the door TSB in already and so then you would have to cover the cost of reinserting the foam liner. "

At this point they cant even identify the problem and they have no service record for my car ever having this TSB that i never ordered but they are awfully worried about getting paid for it. This is the same guy who blamed my intake (injen) for the sqeauky pulley assembly 100db noise. I dont know if the guy even knows where the battery is! I had to demand he bring out a real tech and in 3 seconds it was obvious to him that the car was not screaming Alanis Morrissette noises from the intake...jeez

and he says - since we are giving you the BCM changes for free can you make sure you take care of us on the survery...whatever..I need a new dealer

Old 02-27-2004 | 12:11 AM
Administrator

I dont know if the guy even knows where the battery is!

<hr></blockquote>

Confuse the hell out of him, and get the 'Battery Cover' for the brake fluid reservoir side![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-27-2004 | 01:49 PM

And label the battery side "Brake Cylinder" for grins. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004 | 02:17 PM

And meanwhile the tecks in the garage cant wait to see me coming. One of the garage guys raced up to me last time I came in and of course wanted asked me about the grounding kit and what it did. I need to be able to answer that question better as i seem to only confuse people.

I wish they would return my call from 4 hours ago. Maybe they found hoffa in my door!

Old 02-28-2004 | 11:18 AM
Administrator

One of the garage guys raced up to me last time I came in and of course wanted asked me about the grounding kit and what it did. I need to be able to answer that question better as i seem to only confuse people.

<hr></blockquote>
Refer them to Hyper-Ground FAQ Thread for a quick read. Or the dealerships can e-mail me at <font color=blue>GroundingGear@yahoo.Ca</font color=blue> for my 20 page Vendor Information package in .pdf format, and I can even refer them to other OEM dealerships for feedback about effectiveness and installation from a dealership perspective.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 11-10-2005 | 03:21 PM
G's Up, Ho's Down
What setting are you guys using for the Auto Headlights? I'm wondering if Mode 4 is too dark.

Is there any way to control these settings without the dealer?

Old 11-10-2005 | 03:33 PM
I was gonna ask the same thing, can this be a DIY thing?

Old 04-13-2006 | 08:28 AM
Why are the dealers oblivious to the fact that these changes can be done? One dealer I called said that this type of thing wasn't available on any Infiniti vehicle even I showed him the BCM Customization Charts.

Are dealers charging for this? I understand it's only a 5 to 10 minute change.

Old 01-17-2009 | 02:58 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...

But how does this feature work? Which button has to be held down and what is the factory setting?

Remote Power Window Down Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)
Mode 1: 3 seconds
Mode 2: Function disabled
Mode 3: 5 seconds

Old 01-17-2009 | 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Black Acc
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...

But how does this feature work? Which button has to be held down and what is the factory setting?

Remote Power Window Down Operation Mode (activates when button on keyfob held for approx. __)
Mode 1: 3 seconds
Mode 2: Function disabled
Mode 3: 5 seconds
unlock button

Old 01-17-2009 | 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Devil Dog
unlock button
Awesome, figured it out.

However it sucks you cant do the same with the lock button and roll up the windows? I don't know why they didn't add that?

Old 01-17-2009 | 07:34 PM
When the headlamps are in the "auto" position I notice sometimes when I go under a brinde that the lights come on...Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity??

Old 01-18-2009 | 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by AaronJP
When the headlamps are in the "auto" position I notice sometimes when I go under a brinde that the lights come on...Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity??

as stated above, yes. take a look at the 5th item down on the list

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 13 electronics tweaks available at your dealer