G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Paypal question/possible issue? Who here has dealt with large money transactions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Paypal question/possible issue? Who here has dealt with large money transactions?

I paid for a supercharger kit for $2600 via paypal on 11/1/07 and the money finally cleared on 11/6/07 into his paypal account. He wanted to let the money clear into his bank account and said he would ship it that day or the day after. The money was supposed to clear into his account either Friday 11/9/07 or Saturday 11/10/07.

So I call him on Saturday 11/10 to ask him if he has shipped the kit. He doesn't pick up that Saturday or Sunday. At this point I'm kinda worried that hes just jerking me around and trying to F me over.

So on Monday 11/12/07 I get an e-mail saying that he broke his cell phone and that the kit is off the car and waiting to be shipped. He said he would call me to keep me informed with whats going on. I'm just wondering why it is waiting to be shipped and actually hasn't been shipped yet. I e-mail him back practically begging him to call me back ASAP so we can get this transaction over with. I haven't received a call or e-mail yet.

My question is how long should I wait to take any action? How much time do I have to take action? Keep in mind that as a college student $2600 dollars is a LOT to me. What would you guys suggest I do?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
regret your decision to buy a supercharger as a college student is step 1

Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by absolutg
As the saying goes, "Work hard, play hard." Honestly when it comes down to it, I personally believe that I earned it. I do good in school and work a good amount of hours as well. But how bout some input on the matter at hand sir?

Last edited by EverybodyWildOu; 11-13-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the Paypal transaction show complete? IF so, immediately file a dispute in the resolution center, do not delay. IF nothing else, may light a fire under the sellers butt or lead to the recovery of UR funds. Good Luck

Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You do realize Monday was a holiday. You usually have 10 days before you can file a claim usually but I would atleast give the guy a week before you start freaking out. It is too soon.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by absolutg

i picked up my turbo when i was in highschool

Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by tjlazer
You do realize Monday was a holiday. You usually have 10 days before you can file a claim usually but I would atleast give the guy a week before you start freaking out. It is too soon.
i agreee

Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dispute the claim immediately, you have 45 days to to dispute the transaction and them so many days after that to escalate it to a claim. Cause after that limit, your screwed, I'm stuck in that situation right now, and i can't get my money back. The dispute is to basically flag the transaction as something is up. And that your in the process of resolving it. Right now im having to take legal action which is a pain in the ***. And i may not ever get my money back.

I don't think i will ever use paypal again because of the protection is limited and they are very unwilling to help.

So i would go through paypal user agreement and go by their book so you can get your money or supercharger

Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well yes you also do not want to wait too long but to file one right now is IMHO rediculous. After say 7 days of nothing new I would file the claim. Today is the first business day after he paid!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
maybe...

Maybe if you use Amex as the primary payment on Paypal it will help. So if you have a problem you can claim it to Amex and they will fight with you against paypal and the guy who stole your money. Amex is more powerfull on these. Until the dispute is over you will not have to pay your card charge on these.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by tjlazer
Well yes you also do not want to wait too long but to file one right now is IMHO rediculous. After say 7 days of nothing new I would file the claim. Today is the first business day after he paid!!!
This is true. I'm probably gonna wait a little. But I just hate how he's not contacting me. He just sent me an e-mail and thats it. I told him I wanted him to call me ASAP. I have yet to receive a call. And of course he seemed like a legit guy right up until he got my money. It's like after he got the money, he all of a sudden went off the grid.

Another issue is that he stated he had a full kit and now told me in his last e-mail that his kit didn't come with the in-line fuel pump. So I wanna get that resolved as well. I find it hard to believe that he was running the 3.12 pulley without the external fuel pump. Possibly he damaged it taking it off?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 AM
as I said, IF transaction shows complete, UR a fool to allow him anymore time and he hasn' even bothered to contact U.