G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Frank Steeves Memorial Fund

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frank Steeves Memorial Fund

I just read about this death I am really touched.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:56 PM

O wow I wasn’t aware of this. What was his screen name on the forum? There is such a strong scene of community on this forum that any loss to the forum I am sure will be deeply felt. I am sorry to hear of this. How old is his daughter? And my heart goes out to his family and for your loss of a friend.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 02-23-2004, 04:59 PM

Dearest forum members,

As many of you know by now, we have lost one of our own to a terrible accident. I have created a small web page where you may go and donate anything you'd like to his daughter in his name. Please find it in your heart to give to someone who was always willing to give to us.

Thank you,
Don Gutierrez

'03 AT Sedan | Silver/Willow | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav | Injen CAI | UR Pulley | Tein Flex w/EDFC | Stillen Rotors | Cusco Sways | TS ECU | Stillen Exhaust

Old 02-23-2004, 04:59 PM

He posted as G35Spot here and as cyclemall.net on FreshAlloy.com

'03 AT Sedan | Silver/Willow | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav | Injen CAI | UR Pulley | Tein Flex w/EDFC | Stillen Rotors | Cusco Sways | TS ECU | Stillen Exhaust

Old 02-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carlos, he was the guy that just installed the GReddy twin turbo in his sedan.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest Monitors Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Here's the article:

INDUSTRY NEWS - Frank Steeves Killed.
Article by Paul Carruthers

The man who organized many a sportbike night in Orange County, California, and others in conjunction with the championship events at Laguna Seca, Frank Steeves, 35, was killed Saturday afternoon in a car crash near his home in Southern California.

Steeves' Infiniti went off the right side of Alton Parkway in Irvine, California, at roughly 3 p.m. on Saturday and struck a light pole, according to Irvine police. Steeves was taken to Irvine Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Steeves was well known in Southern California for his sportbike nights, held at various restaurants in Orange County. One of his bigger events was a Wayne Rainey book signing that was held in Newport Beach several years ago. Steeves also hosted nights in Monterey, California, in conjunction with the AMA and World Superbike events there.

He is survived by his wife, Claire, and a young daughter, Sara.

A memorial service will be held at the Waverly Chapel, 1702 Fairhaven Ave, Santa Ana on Friday, February 27 at 3 p.m. in lieu of flowers, donations can be made for Sara Steeves at 89 Three Vines Ct., Ladera Ranch, CA 92694.

May God Bless his soul and his family.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/23/04 06:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My deepest sympathy....
my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his surviving family
some losses in life don't seem to make any sense...

He seemed to have lived his life to the fullest...and I'm sure all who he touched with his thoughts and kindness will not soon forget him....may he rest in peace.................

I knew you only from your posts here...but you will be greatly missed....2old4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 02-23-2004, 08:08 PM

I hate so sound like a moron, but damn this makes me pissed. I want to know what the hell happened. I didn't know him at all, but just want to know if it was a driver error or some other unknown force. arghhh!

Old 02-23-2004, 08:21 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

i am sorry to hear this. i first heard about it on g35frenzy. and came to look here for the twin turbo sedan thread and saw that it was gone.
i am very sorry to hear this and my prayes will be with hi and his family.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights

Old 02-23-2004, 08:48 PM

my heart goes out to Frank's family, and their friends. They will be in my prayers.

But from the details, i believe the road was wet and w/ a rwd it can be extremely dangerous, (but it could have been anything). But let the officials who know the details find out what happened.

btw, I had 2 very good friends die on Christmas eve this past year due to a traffic mishap. Inexperiance and foolishness led to their deaths. Speeding was the main cause. The driver just turned 18 and got his liscence that monday before christmas and had to show off his 92 mustang. They hit a Flat Bed head on at 85 mph. You couldn't even tell what type of car it was.

God works in mysterious ways, but everything happens for a reason. The best people are on earth with us for a short time.

Frank and my 2 friends are in a better place, but they will be missed and always be remembered.

Roads are very dangerous these days. So everyone please stay safe.

pz.

High Point NC
04 G35 6MT Sedan, Diamond Graphite on Black.
Arrived on 10/20/03
Mods include.
20% tint
INJEN CAI, black
clear bra
clear corners

Rip 2002 Altima 2.5s blk/grey 5/30/02-10/7/03

Old 02-23-2004, 10:49 PM

May God rest his soul. He was a very good guy on the forum and had an awesome setup on his sedan.

R.I.P Frank - hope he's driving his G through the pearly gates right now...

Old 02-24-2004, 12:27 AM

May God bring strength and peace to his family during these trying times. He'll be missed...

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:08 AM

RIP Frank Steeves - and condolences to his family and friends.

- Paul

G35C BS/GR/PREM/PERF/NAV/AERO/XM
Chicago Region SCCA
Tri-State Sports Car Council
Soon to come ... Tein Shocks w/EDFC, Improved Sways and SSR Comps!

Old 02-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea there's nothing more I can do or say other than offer my deepest condolences to his family. I'm going to be arranging a little something to send to his family on behalf of everyone here on this forum. He was a cool cat! He'll be missed!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-01-2004, 10:02 AM

I just wanted to remind everyone that can, to donate to this worthy cause. I have recently received an email from Franks widow thanking us for our efforts before ever receiving anything from us. Please visit the link on the first post of this thread to donate. I'd really like to be able to send a really nice check. Thank you again to all that have already donated. It has been really incredible to see the outpouring from this forum.

Don

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.