G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A few questions from a new 05 coupe driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions from a new 05 coupe driver

Hi everyone ive been looking around for a new car for awhile and was originally planning on getting a new car but i ended up finding a great deal on an 05 gs5 coupe thats stock, black and pretty much what my problem is now i have about 10k saved that i was planning on spending on a car lol My question now is where do you guys go to get parts? ive looked around the forums a bit but ive had some trouble finding the websites/companies you guys trust and have good prices on performance parts. Also are their any recommendations on things to do? i was thinking turboing the car i saw online the aps single turbo kit is around 5500 and it says that its made to run reliably with the stock engine, is this true? Id love to have the car be turbo/supercharged but is it actually possible to just throw a turbo/supercharger on the car stock and have it as a dd reliably? thanks in advance to everyone who responds sorry i dont know much about the g's yet im coming from an s4 and an evo so i need to learn all over again lol

Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Not a bad problem to have.

My recommendation:

Look in the marketplace and find some deals on this site for lightly used items. You'll end up getting twice as much for your money.

I would:

Buy a new set of wheels/tires
Get springs and shocks or coilovers and camber kits
Get swaybars

For performance, there's not too much bang for the buck. I would recommend a nice exhaust.

You should be able to do all of this for under 5K installed.

Have fun!!

Old 11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are going FI, it is wise to have a few thousand sitting around in case something happens. If you are looking for a reliable daily driver and want boost, I would say go with a Vortech Supercharger. It will give you a significant power gain and will still be street-able.

In addition, you can get a set of Tein Basics for about $1000 installed.

Wheels will cost you whatever you want to go with, but you can get a nice set with tires for around $3500.

You may also want to consider a MREV2 and 5/16's spacer. This mod is probably one of the biggest power gains you will get without going FI. This is sub $1000 and you can do yourself.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by nashmage
Hi everyone ive been looking around for a new car for awhile and was originally planning on getting a new car but i ended up finding a great deal on an 05 gs5 coupe thats stock, black and pretty much what my problem is now i have about 10k saved that i was planning on spending on a car lol My question now is where do you guys go to get parts? ive looked around the forums a bit but ive had some trouble finding the websites/companies you guys trust and have good prices on performance parts. Also are their any recommendations on things to do? i was thinking turboing the car i saw online the aps single turbo kit is around 5500 and it says that its made to run reliably with the stock engine, is this true? Id love to have the car be turbo/supercharged but is it actually possible to just throw a turbo/supercharger on the car stock and have it as a dd reliably? thanks in advance to everyone who responds sorry i dont know much about the g's yet im coming from an s4 and an evo so i need to learn all over again lol
there are more things that need to be done than just putting a TT/SC on and being done... i say just get a MERV2 (if you have 6MT) and 5/16 Spacer...

look in the marketplace for parts