G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Motor Broken Or Needs Lube?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Motor Broken Or Needs Lube?

So after having bought a new motor for driver side window (currently being delivered), i researched on instructions on how to replace it and came across alot of people who have lubed the motor and then works properly. My motor problem is not a reset problem in which when rolled up then drops down a quarter of the way up. my motor problem is one which doest roll the window down without manually pushing the window down when down button pressed as well as going up. sometimes the window rolls up and down but does it "choppy" or "stutters". actually when its raining, it seems to work alot better since i guess the wetness of the glass and rubber piece alow it to run smother. anyway, what do you guys think? can i fix the motor? if so how exactly is it done, or do i need a new motor? i have assumed that since the motor actually works when window helped, that it may not need to be replaced but fixed. its not like the motor is totally dead. please help!

btw, the dealer told me it needed to be replaced but you guys know how that works! at the time i believed him since it has been replaced before for the same thing but on passenger side only. since its not under warranty i figured to do it myself but need input on what to do. thanks again. woooofff catch my breath

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 PM
hello? anyone?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I had the same issue as you and I decided to replace the motor (just did it over the weekend). Since you have to remove it anyways to clean it, why not just put a new motor in there. Also, cleaning it may help but what if your window motor decides to die a week out when its pouring rain out? I figure its easier and better long term to replace it.

My $0.02

Also i decided to hang on to the old motor, just in case they decide to do a recall!

Paul

Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
well i bought mine from autozone for about $107 and if i return the old one to autozone, i get 45 bucks back so a motor for 60 bucks aint bad i guess.
any tricky instructions on replacement? ive taken the panels off before to install alarm and speakers but never messed with the motor. i guess i will have to reprogram the window pinch after install right? thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
i didn't know the motor was a universal motor that autozone carries. Mine cost $185 from the dealer with 20% discount. If you can find the manual, it provide pretty good instruction on where all the bolts are and how to reset the new motor. It's not too difficult.

I also read somebody did replace something in their broken motor and fixed it. But i simply replaced mine and tossed the old one. I would have to bang the door to "shock" it back to life to get it to work before replacing it

Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by ratm68
i didn't know the motor was a universal motor that autozone carries. Mine cost $185 from the dealer with 20% discount. If you can find the manual, it provide pretty good instruction on where all the bolts are and how to reset the new motor. It's not too difficult.

I also read somebody did replace something in their broken motor and fixed it. But i simply replaced mine and tossed the old one. I would have to bang the door to "shock" it back to life to get it to work before replacing it
yea they do its remanufatured looks brand new with instruction manual and refund with old return!