G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

ALWAYS make sure....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never done a walk through after receiving the car but will def. do it from now on.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
as was kinda said, ALWAYS do the walk around when you drop off your car, NOT when you are leaving.
Ummm, this is regular Infiniti procedure. When you drop your car off, they have a sheet with an image of a car, and they notate any damage that is visible.

When its time to pick up your car, why would you NOT do it?
Dealerships really dont give 2 sh*ts about your car son, so its best to always do a thorough checkup

Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
When I take mine in to Gunn Infiniti in San Antonio, the service writer and I do a "walk around" and he notes ANYTING on the sheet.
+1 always befor you give them the keys...

Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Premier Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Roughly around a month ago, I took my car in for service at the local Palm Beach Infiniti dealership. My driver seat collapsed, and my passenger seat was not reclining forward, only backwards. My car is lowered on Z S-Techs, and its pretty low, but not the point where its a hassle to drive. I drive it everyday and I dont have a single problem, sans speed bumps. Well when I come back to pick up my car 2 days later, the service advisor parks it up in the front. We go back to his office to sign off the paperwork, I shake his hand and thank him, and all is well.

Well, as Im walking back towards my car, I notice a massive softball-sized dent in my front bumper, right by the lower grilles. I contain myself, and keep calm. I walk back to his office, and tell him "We have a slight problem". We walk back to my car together, and he sees the f*ck up. He asks me if it was there before, and I proceed to give him a kinda look. I tell him "Helllllllllllll no, sir! " He leaves and comes back, telling me he spoke with the manager and my front bumper will be replaced free of charge. Its obvious dealer techs dont give 2 f*cks about vehicles. They see these cars every single day and they dont take care of them as they would their own, which is a shame in my opinion. Fortunately, my service advisor is a stand up guy and made sure the situation was rectified.

To all those taking in cars for service, make sure you do a COMPLETE, THOROUGH walk around your cars before you take back them back! Inside and out. Trust me, the few minutes you spend looking at your car with thru a microscope can keep you from acquiring lots of anger and wasted time.
That is so true I used to work at a Honda dealer two years ago and man you should've seen the way those techs would be driving those cars.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

WOW - Glad you got the front bumper replaced.

I can TOTALLY relate!

Let me break down the list from my Infiniti dealership and all that they F*cked up and had to replace. Let's just say that after a HEATED discussion with the Service Manager (the last time they screwed something up); I've not gone back....BUT....funny enough I'm having a difficult time finding INFINITI dealerships in the Atlanta Georgia area...ain't that ironic!?!?!?!? Trouble finding a car dealership?? - New to me...but surprisingly true!

1.) Issue: Tech's DRAG there black rubber boots on my inside (cabin portion) of my side skirts.
Resolution: The clean them off now each and every time I bring it in - or used to bring it to them - "past tense".

2.) Issue: Tech step on the inside door side skirt and totally ripped it off and tried to "push" it back together but the holding TABS were too far gone and I could tell the sec I opened the driver's side door to leave.
Resolution: Replaced (and I think they had to have it painted?) the Driver's side skirt. They also (need to take pics of to show you all) placed 3M clear bra "sticker" patches on the side skirt to protect it from idiot tech's that don't know how to LIFT their legs and feet while getting out of this sports car...come on, common sense!!!

3.) Issue: Huge CHIP in the passenger side door after picking the car up...probably happened on a test drive that they performed.
Resolution: Mgmt tried to slightly sand and then air-brush; but knew that didn't look good enough, so they had the entire door repainted.

4.) Issue: When closing my passenger side door the seat belt ('handle' part) was twisted around and turned side ways, and when the tech closed (or slammed!) my door it got caught between the passenger seat and the inside of the door, putting a nice DENT in the plastic of the inside door.
Resolution: Replaced the entire inside door piece.

5.) Issue: BOTH my headlamps inside plastic piece had cracked (Defect) due to running the fogs and overheating - the whole issue we've all discussed where the plastic piece separating the main beams, and the fogs would crack open and you could see down from the main beams into the fog lamps 'chamber'.
Resolution: Replaced BOTH my headlamps with new ones (2003 version), but the passenger lamp had a slight crack in the housing and pulled in moisture, resulting in the entire lamps (main,fog,parking) all burning out. Resolution: Replaced the passenger side lamp AGAIN --> Corresponding new Issue: In doing so chipped my paint around the passenger side lamp housing. Resolution: I finally had it with that dealership and basically (literally) told the Service Manager what I thought of his "so-called" Luxury Service and told him where to stick that service and that I was NEVER going back to him or his day labor type hired help. I touched up the chips no problem with some touch up PENS that I ordered from Courtseyparts.com

There is acutally two or three more things I could go over but my fingers are tired from typing so much.

So, yes. I AGREE 1,000,000%. CHECK OVER YOUR RIDE IN-AND-OUT BEFORE SIGNING THE PAPERS AND DRIVING OFF!!!!

P.s. Anyone from Georgia or the ATLANTA area that could recommend a GOOD Infiniti dealership for me to take the coupe to?

Thanks Guys!
-WoW

Last edited by WhiteonWheat; 12-14-2007 at 10:37 AM.