G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What should I look for when...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I look for when...

Hi all. I am picking up a new G 6MT BO/Willow Prem/Nav that I have been patiently waiting for over the past few months. I would appreciate your suggestions as to things I should ask/do/bring/receive when I pick up my car from the dealer. This is my first new vehicle and as we all know it's a beauty. I'm sure I'll just want to grab the keys and drive, however I'd hate to overlook something important. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Re: What should I look for when...

one thing for sure, the finance manager gonna try to sell some load of crap. make sure you don't fall for it. tell your sale person that u are short on time and need to get home quick. Otherwise you might be sitting there for hours.

g35mt

Old 03-04-2004, 11:03 PM

I was also very excited to just get in the car and take off. You should take your time and carefully examine every inch of the car. Look at the paint and the wheels very closely for any scratches or nicks. When I got home after picking mine up, I noticed two minor blemishes on one of my wheels. They were very small and nobody but me would even notice them, but once I left the lot there was nothing the dealer could do. But since your spending a lot of money on your car, take the extra time to look it over. Also, I would have your sales guy show you all the features. I couldn't find the little switch that moves your side view mirrors. It's kind of hidden behind the steering wheel and I couldn't see anything in my blind spots. Stupid stuff like that you might not think about. Enjoy!!!!!!

2004 5AT, Brilliant Silver, Graphite Leather, Performance Package

Old 03-04-2004, 11:09 PM

funny thing is that my dealer show me how to adjust all of those before i drove off. she show me to open the trunk, adjust the mirror, place the cd in the cd changer, etc...

but like tstewart9000, check every inch of the car before you leave.

g35mt

Old 03-05-2004, 12:09 AM

Obviously -- check the exterior of the car for any damage or blemishes. Make sure you look at the wheels.

Second, use all or most of the things in the car. Bring a CD to play, test the radio. Play with the nav. Pop the hood and look inside. Check the inside for dirtiness, etc etc.

Third. Take a test drive, even if you know you're going to buy it.

Finally, make sure you get all the keys. There should be 2 master keys, with key chain and fobs. 1 valet parking key, and one small metal one to open the door.

You can get a lot fixed, but it will save you time back to the dealer.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:41 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I had a friend who set me up with the sales manager and so far there has been no unnecessary haggling, attempts to sell me useless features etc... When I went to order the car I was there for all of 30 mins and ended up with $3000 CDN off MSRP which I thought was pretty good. I will definitely look at the things mentioned above. Is there anything else that anyone thinks I should check/do?

Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have them put on a clear bra. I didn't get it done and wish I did after I got the car home. My dealer was 6 hours away so I don't feel so bad.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

same here.....if they will install a clear bra for you do it....
In the first month of owning my car I had tons of tiny chips in the front bumper from highway driving......

Everyone has given you real good advice so.....now just enjoy...... Lots of luck with you new ride....be safe and have fun!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] <font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 03-05-2004, 09:21 AM

Look for the first aid kit. I got mine and found out that when they cleaned it up (taking all the plastic off the hood, the door panels, the plastic over the seats, the tape on the speakers etc) , they forgot to put my kit back. When I purchased the car, they let me drive it off the lot but I had to pick up my car insurance. I didn't have my insurance, since my fiance was driving me to pick up the car. I drove the car home, picked up the insurance to my old car (just to show proof) and once I got there, the guys in the back wanted the keys to the car. They forgot to put the first aid kit back.

Old 03-05-2004, 10:21 AM

Infiniti is on a big push for delivery excellence...your salesperson should have personally gone over the car prior to your arrival and identified any problems and communicated those to the service manager for correction...

Also, your salesperson should be available to thoroughly inspect the car, again, upon your arrival...if he/she doesn't have a notepad in hand, tell him/her something about it. Also, all features should be reviewed, in the car; your manuals should be reviewed with you AND you should be introduced to the service writer/manager.

Our dealership goes so far as to have us offer our services as a single point of contact for the customer--we take calls for gripes, praise, scheduling of service and loaner car arrangement. It makes it very seamless for the customer.

I'm not sure that all Infiniti dealerships have implemented these protocols, but I think that the customer is entitled to them...and if they aren't made available, they should be demanded...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC BLACK

Old 03-05-2004, 12:21 PM

Look at the door sills (especially the driver's side) for scratches. Mine was scratched because of the seat belt hitting it when the door closes. I didn't notice it until I got home.

-antman

Old 03-05-2004, 12:50 PM

all of the above, and when your salesman mentions the survey, tell him of people you knew were offered a couple of free oil changes, wheel locks. they are minor things dealer should throw in.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.