G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

12.60@115mph G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 12.60@115mph G35 coupe

Yeah dude, im not a fan of nitrous, but hes not claiming to be a "real" racer. He was on the track doing 1/4 times, and he wanted to post how unbelivable he did, and 12.6 is insane dude, nice work.

2004 Sedan
Black/Willow
Premium w/ splash guards
Clear Corners, Z-tube

Old 03-05-2004, 09:15 PM

Why are you assuming he is going to blow his motor? Do you know what it's going to do to his motor? I've done a lot of research about N20 ever since I've been slightly curious about it and I have yet to hear someone that has a negative opinion about it say something more intelligent than "It's going to blow up your motor", or "it will put stress on your motor" these are the same people that will turn around and say boost is okay for these motors. Coincidently I've talked to numerous people that know what they are doing and say it is fine and have plenty of data to support it. I've come to my own conclusion based on the facts that I've gathered, but that's besides the point. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me what the real problem to using nitrous is other than "it's just bad". Do you know? also please explain how these internals get "discolored" I'm very curious!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:42 PM

HotG35, what are you talking about? I've been road racing my
G since May 03. I'm going on my third set of tires and brake pads in only 10k miles. It wast one of the first G with volks and eibach pro kit and even the Hotchkis bars. It wasn't until
now that I decided to test the 1/4.
Here you go track day pics

Carlito's G35

Old 03-05-2004, 10:00 PM

HAHA, Okay, The Internals get discolored on top (black) because of the use of nitrous. The detonation and ignition that occurs when forcing ice cold gas into a heated engine wears on top of the internals and discolors them, giving them a purplish black look. That is inevitable. And that is the first thing that a mechanice sees when he opens that block up (no warranty). I Actually do know what its going to do to his motor. Since his motor is stock, and the Internals in the VQ are not built and are weak, a spray is horrible on it. It is one thing to spray on a built internally motor, and another to spray on a stock one, which from his list of mods I saw no internal components. So what is going to happen to his motor is blow holes in pistons, bent rods,, etc..could be worse depending on use and amount of shot. This happens because of the nitrous ignition. Ex. Put some dynamite and a fircracker in one hand. Light em...the firecracker wont do ****, but the dynamite is gonna blow your hand off. Well thats what happens when you have nitrous ignition in your stock weak internal component motor. An explosion that the metal CANT take. Hence your bends rods and blow holes in your pistons.

Now I dont say nitrous is bad exactly, if you know what your doing, and ONLY IF you have a motor built for it. Not a stock motor. Stronger internals are a necessity if you want to run a shot. And if maintained and built correctly tris is awesome! However it doesnt look like our 12 second member has done that.

ILust4G, Don't come at me like that again!! Know your role, You Have Been Owned!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 03-05-2004, 10:01 PM

Carlitos,
Those are some sweet pics! Just curious, what size shot are you running?12.6 is very impressive! Keep jammin' ...It's kinda lame that people need to talk smack when all you're doing is sharing your times...anyway keep posting those inspirational times! For every one A-hole there is, there is ten of us that like to hear what our fellow G drivers are accomplishing with their cars!

Old 03-05-2004, 10:12 PM

Carlitos im not hating on you at all. i like what you;ve done and your car looks sweet, I just hope you know what your doing and did it right! Or you have the cash to fix it.

As for ILUST4G, its funny how in one post he's trying my knowledge on the subject and asking me to support my statement and when I do he (and he's owned) he flips the script and tries to turn me into the [censored]. You asked me the questions and I backed them up, thats all. Nice how your singing a different tune now though!

Keep it up Carlito. Impressive...I wasnt talking smack about you, just supporting my statements and replying to ILUST4G!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 03-05-2004, 10:30 PM

Hey thanks!
I'm using .073N & .046F with 2 step colder iridium plugs.

To the scare friends that are afraid to blow a motor, aren't you glad that some people test the limits for you, BTW I've been spraying since September, I guess my motor is about to blow.

And who said that I'll try to go to the waranty, if I blow it I'll build a new engine with all the goodies

Anyway, my thanks to the ones that appreciate the effort.

Carlito's G35

Old 03-05-2004, 10:31 PM

i'm as anti-nitrous as you can get, but hell, congratulations! 12 sec G... anyone else approaching that number? what's the fastest out there?

awesome rims on your car.. why sell them??

Old 03-05-2004, 10:37 PM

Coupedito03 no hard feelings.
I know I'm taking a risk, lets hope it holds.

BTW the shot is like 130rwhp of NOS (like 380rwhp total)

Carlito's G35

Old 03-05-2004, 10:40 PM

hueman,
thank you, I bought a set of Volk GT-7 MS 19"

Carlito's G35

Old 03-05-2004, 11:07 PM

Slow down Bro,
I was asking questions, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. But anyway I'm glad to see that you are so proud of yourself for your post. It's seemed to me like you almost got off on it. That's sad!
All I really heard from your entire post was blah blah blah. How much testing have you actually done to this motor in terms of cycling, and stress capacity. The boost or shot is irrelevant to what the motor can take, It is the hp that is created, is what matters, and these motors can take more than 280 hp without doing internal modifications and this is based on people that have been running high amounts of boost and doing large shots. His 130 shot zex isn't doing anymore harm than all of the s/c, turbochargers out there. You are doing a tremendous amount of assuming as to what is going to happen to his engine. My perspective is short term, I could care less what is going to happen to my car four or five years from now and for a lot of us that are heavily modding our cars I'm sure the same applies. I will move on to bigger and better things after this car and will have a good time in the interim. Maybe you are so concerned about what you think nitrous will do to you car because you probably have to hold on to it for awhile. Maybe you can't afford it or the damage that any forced induction system or nitrous would put on the car. Your situation may not emulate this but if the shoe fits wear it! And what's with the "owned" statement? how old are you? You sound like you're young, so I will assume that you are....Next time you get so excited how about waiting for your ***** to drop before you post such ridiculous s--t! My initial post now that I read it might have seemed to be offensive, however I can assure you it was not. So take a deep breath and relax. It's okay really!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:29 PM

haha, another totally pointless pissing contest. just let it go and stfu will ya? that pretains to everyone who argues on the board. he blows his engine, he blows it. you know more than him, you know more than him. what's the point? does anyone want a gold star? i can ship you a whole sheet full of golden star stickers for being knowledgeable.

i know it will never stop, just thought i'd try lol! i'm bored and feeling froggy.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:35 PM

I wrote that second email before I even read your response, so don't get your little panties all wet! and in that post I wasn't even talking about you, I made the A-hole statement in reference to what hotg35 said to carlitos. Please realize that I have never claimed to know a lot about these engines and really unless your the F--king engineer who aided in the designing and testing, no one else should claim it either. These cars are too much in their infancy for anyone to really make claims to what kind of long term affects boosting or spraying will do, if done properly and in moderation. Please say your peace and let's end this childish arguing!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:36 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

HAHA, Okay, The Internals get discolored on top (black) because of the use of nitrous. The detonation and ignition that occurs when forcing ice cold gas into a heated engine wears on top of the internals and discolors them, giving them a purplish black look. That is inevitable. And that is the first thing that a mechanice sees when he opens that block up (no warranty). I Actually do know what its going to do to his motor. Since his motor is stock, and the Internals in the VQ are not built and are weak, a spray is horrible on it. It is one thing to spray on a built internally motor, and another to spray on a stock one, which from his list of mods I saw no internal components. So what is going to happen to his motor is blow holes in pistons, bent rods,, etc..could be worse depending on use and amount of shot. This happens because of the nitrous ignition. Ex. Put some dynamite and a fircracker in one hand. Light em...the firecracker wont do ****, but the dynamite is gonna blow your hand off. Well thats what happens when you have nitrous ignition in your stock weak internal component motor. An explosion that the metal CANT take. Hence your bends rods and blow holes in your pistons.

<hr></blockquote>

I can't believe you wasted the time to type all of that BS. You have no idea what you're talking about. I have had several different vehicles that have had stock internals and survived MANY nitrous runs with no problems whatsoever.

You make a bunch of blanket statements with no facts... what good is that?

Fact is that a properly set-up nitrous system is fine on just about any stock motor. Nitrous itself does no damage, however detonation can. Of course detonation is avoided altogether if you're set-up properly in the first place.

Oh, and by the way, your motor can not be denied warranty coverage because of a discoloration of the combustion chamber. Just won't happen..... no matter what you may say.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:00 AM

I'm not trying to throw some more "flame" to this fire, but why does it matter to you if he blows his engine, i'm guessing after doing all that stuff to his G, he should have the cash to throw in a new VQ or parts within the engine. Now if he does blow it, and then starts complaining....let the flaming begin!

BTW, nice pics CarlitO

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero, Z tube, K&N drop in filter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 12.60@115mph G35 coupe