G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A lil post about nitrous.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lil post about nitrous.

Im making a new thread cause this was actually a post for another that been locked and did want all this typing to be for nothing

Ok you people need to get your facts straight with our motors... First of all our motors in stock condition can see more then 7 PSI of boost. There are people running 9 PSI ATI kits and about 8.5 on a TT kit. The problem they are have going past this has to do with our MAF. The car will go into "LIMP" mode when the car sees more then 100% air flow before 4800 RPMS. Our internals are ok and people will see over 400 HP with reliability. Im not saying that they are great but when you can achieve good A/F ratio and the right amount of fuel with good timing then our motors will run fine.

Do you people know how much nitrous our motors can hold?? Well guess what I do.. Iv seen a 2 stange 225 1st stage and a 75 2nd stage!! So thats a total of 300 HP. The car ran strong and pulled a 11.44 1/4 i believe. When he steped it up to a 350 shot he blew. This was all with stock internals.. Now I can name lots of people running 100 shots on our motor for months now if not a year or so.. There cars are fine and running real strong.. The thing about nitrous is that setup is the key.. You need to run 1 step colder plugs for shots under 125 and over that should be 2 steps. Next you setup has to be good, clean, and done right. Next you need to DYNO DYNO DYNO!!! Get your A/F rations. The worst thing you can do is run lean. So it is better to be a lil rich at the top of the RPM band to be safe. Next a window switch so you arent spraying near redline (incase you over rev or miss a gear). Next is gauging. Good gauging is always a good thing. Such as AEM's new A/F gauge with fuel pressure and bottle pressure..

Now how can nitrous blow the motor??? If you run LEAN! If you dont have the right mix ratio between nitrous and fuel. If a part of the nitrous system goes bad or malfunctions.. If you spray for a VERY long time then heat might be an issue. Check your plugs often and make sure they are in good shape. This is a good way to see how you car is taking the shot.

Now im not saying nitrous is the best thing. But anytime you add new HP to a car you need to know what your doing. You kneed to know how your car is reacting to the mod. Weather it is nitrous, supercharger, TT, or just bolt ons.. So if your going to spray make sure you do it right and take as many safty precautions as possible!!! No short cuts go the extra mile and remember when a FI kit is on all the time putting strain on the motor your will only strain 1/100 of that as you only use it when racing or just want a ruch..

I did not make all of this up. These are all facts and experiances that I have seen and read about. Sorry for the long post but iv been reaserching this topic for a long time and I myself am stuck between the Vortec SC and 100 Shot of Nitrous.. Im adding up the pros and cons. I can only come up with I want all the time power and the noise . But then again for 6500$ compaired to 2000$.. Hummm who knows?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I say all this with a smile on my face soo im not bashing just telling what I know.. If you think diffrent thats OK but if im wrong about something please let me know..

Thanx

5 wire Grounding kit
350z Pipe / Stillen High-Flow
JUN Flywheel
Crawford Intake Manifold
Yellow Top Optima Battery
Best 1/4 14.153 @ 99.19 / 2.29 - 60'

Old 03-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Re: A lil post about nitrous.

Thanks for the input. I agree with all of your points. I'm looking at 100 shot NX, with genx2, window switch, a/f gauge with cutoff switch, and a couple of other safety devices. This setup or the vortech s/c...I just like the fact that I will only use nitrous very rarely, and like the fact that I can turn it off and on when I want to, and when I want to go WOT without it, I can without having to worry about wasting gas and wear and tear as with the S/C. When I do want to sell or trade in my car it will be easier for me to remove the nitrous setup as well, so there are a few things that has me interested in N20.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i can say, boys, is DON'T get a supercharger WHATEVER you do because once you have one you will not want to do even normal driving without one.

--Steve

Old 03-07-2004, 02:33 AM

Ha Ha I know thats why I PMed u about the install shop LOL!!!

Grounding kit - Yellow Top Optima Battery
350z Pipe / Stillen High-Flow-JUN Flywheel
Crawford Intake Manifold V5 Black-High - Flow cats
Nismo Clutch
Best 1/4 14.153 @ 99.19 / 2.29 - 60'

Old 04-07-2004, 03:08 AM

I'm trying to get a discussion on Nitrous going in the technical forum.. I could use your experience and input.

Specifically, let's detail out the safety devices and installs for both the AT and 6MT, real world experience and product evals welcomed.

Cheers, ted

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff