G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hello I was wondering............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello I was wondering............

My warrenty is about to expire i think, and i was wondering if I could bring my G35 to the dealership for a free tune up? Or actually if they can check it and see if it still runs the same..... has anyone tried? thank you

Old 03-06-2004, 04:26 PM
G SQUAD
Re: Hello I was wondering............

Damn... I was just wondering, how many miles do you have???

Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...i was wondering if I could bring my G35 to the dealership for a free tune up?"

Hehe. Hahaha. Heh. Good one. Free, dealership, yeah. hehe.

Maintanence is not covered under warranty.(*) If you have specific concerns that something's not right, bring it in. Do you notice that it's not running the same somehow?

(*) Well, there's that brake warranty thing.. if you're still under 3yr/36k miles, might have them check the brakes for you before that runs out.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Good one ryoken...
The words "free" and "infiniti" should not be used in the same sentence..
Even the warranty work they do for us they get paid quite well for I might add...

Although my salesman was willing to have my car hand pinstriped for free.....a $250 value, yours free if you spend $36000 + .....so I guess nothing is really free...somewhere hidden in the costs are the "free" stuff....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a $250 retail value for $10 worth of pinstriping tape and $15 paid to some college kid that comes by the dealership to put on pinstriping, teflon coating, etc. for minimum wage. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 06:16 AM

Not true. The hand pinstriping (at least on my car) was done at my work. It is hand painted on, with two paint brushes. They take a long magnet (that runs the length of the car and position it just below the location of the pin stripe. They then used electrical tape to tape up their middle and ring fingers. The first person used alcohol to remove any debris, and let it air dry. From there, they held the paint brush and quickly walked from end to end of my car dragging their taped fingers along each side of the magnet. 3 people job. One to position the magnet, Second and Third to paint, and the first one "blended the ends" immediately after the second one finished the line. With in 2 minutes of them being done, the paint was 99% dry. (That's why it took 3 people, because there was no time for anyone to sit still.) The whole job took 2 minutes from the time they finished letting the alcohol dry.

I asked the guy how much they charge the dealership for this service, he said, "we charge everyone the same price, $110.00".

Also, the Subject title SUCKS!!! "Hello I was wondering..."

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger
RT Cats & JIC Y-Pipe(on order)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.