G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What kinda hit am I taking on a new paint job?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kinda hit am I taking on a new paint job?

Im thinking about painting my G. Maybe a bright blue...darker than the carribean lighter than the Night. I realize a paint job of any kind decreases the value of the car. And by paint job I mean thousand plus paint job, Im not talking about your local meineke. right now its either that or getting an 04 (and id still take a hit). I loved the BS but now I need something more exciting. I need the Police's attention.

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /

Old 03-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: What kinda hit am I taking on a new paint job?

Paint - cops are pigs and see if that works? LOL

Actually joe on this forum with the tricked out silver G with the 20's and nismo front end knows a lot about piant work. You might want to look him up and ask him, if he doesnt see this post.

Otherwise, from what I know, the skys the limit when it comes to paint. Depending on how detailed of a paint job you want, you can pay $3k, $5k and even as high as $7k for just an "exterior" paint job. The color also plays a huge role! Lastly, if you paint it some crazy color that may have a hard time finding a new owner once it comes time to sell it, yea you might take a huge hit in terms of $$$ loss. Getting a paint job that will add to the cars value, well thats the trick, and that my friend will cost ya a pretty penny!

Good luck!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
JPJ

In addition to what ducatiguy mentioned, if you're planning on changing the color of the vehicle, you will pay thousands more for all the little detail work to make it look correct, such as painting door jams, engine bay, inside the trunk, etc. This type of work is very labor intensive and, therefore, very expensive. Lastly, if you change the color without doing these things, you've just turned your nice, new luxo-coupe into a rather cheesy looking ride, IMHO, and it will be EXTREMELY difficult to unload even with a heavy discount. I figure you're looking at $5k minimum for a so-so full color change, and closer to $10k if you're talking about having a highly respected, custom body shop do the work. Oh, and I figure at least 20% depreciation of the value of the car after that work is done, no matter how great it turns out.

<font color=blue>2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT
CB/Graphite/Prem/Aero
19" BC Forged Custom BC06s
Clear Corners/Tint
Alum Pedals
Zaino!</font color=blue>

Old 03-10-2004, 01:24 AM

A complete change of color can be very expensive and time consuming. Everything attached to the car must be removed: Bumpers, lights, hood, doors, handles, mirrors, moldings, sunroof, trunklid, sideskirts, and glass. Then the entire car needs to be 400-600 grit wet sanded, then painted, then sanded and polished, then completely reassembled. This job should cost you in the range of $6500-$8000 depending on the shop, the quality, and the area of the country you live in. You can save a considerable amount of money if you remove and reinstall all of the parts mentioned above, if you are mechanically inclined. If you have to have your car really stand out than a complete change of color can be the way to go. If you are going to do it, do it 100% or don't start at all. Be prepared for the $$ and the 7-12 weeks without your car. This is what happened when I got bored last summer.

205347-DSC00102.JPG

Old 03-10-2004, 04:38 PM

Joenismo..thats a nice ride..is it a headlight conversion?.. like everyone else said it will cost you ALOT!! plus if you want pearl or nething else in your paint its gonna cost alot more!.. I would recommend u stripping as much of the interior as you can by yourself and then sending it off to the body shop it will save the shop some time and your money in labor.. also you have to consider that your engine bay will stay your original color unless you decide to paint it and that costs even more because everything has to be taken out in order to paint it... Im sure it would make your G stand out more..but IMHO stuff like this is done if you have a body kit to complement your paint job otherwise it will cost you additional money later on if you decide on gettin one..

Old 03-10-2004, 05:50 PM

Thats ducati, Joe after looking at your G I have a new sense of hope. When I get my 20's on there maybe ill have a change of heart.

G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Aero/ Blizzaks and 17's till March /