G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008 | 02:05 AM
|
To put it another way, the 94 Camry does not need a new paint job that is for sure. The thing is the rock chip are not noticable and does not gouge into the primer like my G35.

My 06 G35 on the other hand has very visible nicks on the bumper right into the primer paint!

Old 01-16-2008 | 02:09 AM
I have lots of pits on mine too. It's getting repainted soon with that platicizer paint so that should help.

Old 01-16-2008 | 02:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by never gone
Orange peel is when the surface of the paint looks like..well, an orange peel. This pic shows it perfectly...

All...well most cars have it to some extent but BMW tends to have it pretty bad on some of their cars. Again, Infiniti is by no means perfect, I just find the consistency to be a lot better.
I rather have orange peel then soft paint.. Again, the orange are only on the trunk area where they were probably too lazy to buff out.. or wet sand...

Take a pic of the BMW hood, or side... You wont see as much as the trunk..

Old 01-16-2008 | 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by doctorG
I rather have orange peel then soft paint.. Again, the orange are only on the trunk area where they were probably too lazy to buff out.. or wet sand...

The hoods can be decent I'll agree but the sides can be pretty rough too.

Old 01-16-2008 | 09:31 AM
I have an 06 as well....I agree with your cons. That seat belt thing is super super super annoying!!!!

Infiniti paint sucks. Infiniti admits it. Everyone at every Infiniti dealership knows that Infiniti/ Nissan paint sucks. That's one of the largest complaints.
I used to work at an Infiniti dealership...believe you me, the paint sucks.

I've had a Lexus, BMW, and AUDI and all of their paints hold up much better than Infiniti does. It probably is harder paint. But I hate Infiniti paint. Hopefully the new "self healing" paint is better.

Oh and I have the 3M clear bra. Its not such a wise choice on a black car. Give it a year and it gets cloudy.

Old 01-16-2008 | 02:47 PM
BMW paint is definitely harder. I agree with the orange peel problem also, cause they have lots of it...lol...My dads 06 m5 has tons of orange peel on the sides and the trunk...even some on the hood. The positive thing though is that it doesn't scratch as easy. My 06 g35 coupe has 15000 miles and has no rock chips. i just put a 3m clear bra on it because my commute is on the freeway, so hopefully i wont have any rock chips.

Old 01-16-2008 | 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by doctorG

dude do you have a G. I see you all over the forum just ripping on the G. all your posts are negative toward the G. Was just thinking if you dislike this car soo much why did you get it or be in this forum

Old 01-16-2008 | 03:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
dude do you have a G. I see you all over the forum just ripping on the G. all your posts are negative toward the G. Was just thinking if you dislike this car soo much why did you get it or be in this forum
Of course I have one. And its for sale. I posted it a couple times on different threads where the OP were looking to purchase.

06 6mt, blk on blk, 8k miles, fully loaded (nav, premium, Rear active steer, splash guards, rear trunk mat, etc etc.) I had it in my sig but someone removed it.

I have a couple more posts to go b4 I can post in the classified. It's already on autotrader but all I get are HS kids low balling me.. 20-25k.. F that...

Old 01-16-2008 | 03:39 PM
^Off topic, but can you PM a picture of your wheels on your car?

Old 01-16-2008 | 03:56 PM
Banned
The Work T1S? No, they are brand new still in the box. Both the G and the Work T1S are for sale..

Old 01-16-2008 | 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by scozec
I would imagine a repaint to cost $400 or so. Do you think most autobody shops uses platicizer paint? I guess I should ask before the work is done.

Im not too sure I would agree with you on the "any car" getting covered in rock chip. I use to drive a 1994 toyota camry ( took it 140k mile) and my bumper, not one rock chip on it

ahh where are they pictures?

Old 01-16-2008 | 05:36 PM
Banned
This is true.. My teg, S2k none had soft paint.. My G with about 8k miles on them already has signs of ROCK chips.. It's not really "chipping" but more of a indentation.. Like someone grabbed a nail and stabbed the bumper a couple of times..

Really, really (soft) cheap paint.. I just purchased an OEM bra but too lazy to put it on.

Old 01-16-2008 | 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by 2K4G35c
I've had mine for two months and I feel your pain with the seat belt thing, very annoying. Gaz guzzler, don't know still drive my 2K SE Max most of the time, since it has a lot of miles. However, the few times I've filled up gas on the G, it has averaged between 22 and 25 miles. My car has 6K on them and the paint is extremely soft on the front bumper so, I'll be getting a clear bra as soon as I clay the car. The only setback is the cost, $1,100. Performance wise, as much as I never gun it, only Corvettes and M3 get close and try to race, not my thing. I'll be installing a spacer and a no-revup collector so, performance shoulbe even better soon. Excellent ride. Great bang for the buck.

$1,100 for a clear bra? You need to get another quote. That is more than double what you should be paying. I paid $450 to get my installed by a certified installer.

Old 07-13-2009 | 03:42 AM
Anyone have the part number for the 06 seat belt guide?

Old 07-13-2009 | 04:54 AM
way to resurrect an old thread!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months