G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:09 AM
|
Talking Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months

Bought an 06Coupe sport package with 19's in July and I am going to list some pros and cons of this coupe after 14K miles

Pros
1. Superior styling and handling performance. Speed: Only car to beat me out of the gates is the M3 and the Corvette (but thats another league).
Styling even outmatches the new G37. G37's appearance is very dull. I would never trade in my 06 for the 08 G37.
2. The torque in 3 gear is excellent.
3. Sound of the stock muffler purrrrs perfectly at the right pitch.
4. Yokohama Advan Sport tires are highly recommended, stock Bridgestones just don't cut it.

Cons
1. Soft paint on the bumper 5 nick already. When is Infiniti going to catch up to BMW or Lexus paint quality? Is anyone experiencing soft paint on the hood? I cannot really tell because of my 3M tape.
2. Seat beat never ever stays in its harness. It seems like it comes out almost every drive. This need to be redesigned completely.
3. Automatic seats for rear passengers is such a useless luxury. By the time you press the damn button, the passenger has already left the rear cabin.
4. Gas guzzler. I don't think the needle ever stays at Full for long, perhaps only 20 miles only. But this I can live with, if i wanted a gas saver, Id buy a Civic.
5. My Grille is lose its silver lustre, see pic. Anyone experiencing this?

Gman

Attached Thumbnails Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months-img_0538_3_1.jpg   Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months-img_0535_1_1.jpg   Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months-g35-coupe-008.jpg  

Last edited by scozec; 01-16-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2008 | 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by scozec
Bought an 06Coupe sport package with 19's in July and I am going to list some pros and cons of this coupe after 14K miles

Pros
1. Superior styling and handling performance. Speed: Only car to beat me out of the gates is the M3 and the Corvette (but thats another league).
Styling even outmatches the new G37. G37's appearance is very dull. I would never trade in my 06 for the 08 G37.
2. The torque in 3 gear is excellent.
3. Sound of the stock muffler purrrrs perfectly at the right pitch.
4. Yokohama Advan Sport tires are highly recommended, stock Bridgestones just don't cut it.

Cons
1. Soft paint on the bumper 5 nick already. When is Infiniti going to catch up to BMW or Lexus paint quality? Is anyone experiencing soft paint on the hood? I cannot really tell because of my 3M tape.
2. Seat beat never ever stays in its harness. It seems like it comes out almost every drive. This need to be redesigned completely.
3. Automatic seats for rear passengers is such a useless luxury. By the time you press the damn button, the passenger has already left the rear cabin.
4. Gas guzzler. I don't think the needle ever stays at Full for long, perhaps only 20 miles only. But this I can live with, if i wanted a gas saver, Id buy a Civic.

Gman
You mean seat belt? if it's not staying in the harness that isn't safe huh? shouldn't you be bringing that to the dealer to get fixed? I wouldn't like to drive with a broken seatbelt.. who know what else isn't working that would normally save my life in an accident

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:15 AM
|
I guess what i mean is the the rectanglar thing you slip your belt in always comes out.

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:18 AM
I agree with the seat belt thing...it never stays in and i've only had my car a week. Did changing your tires to the Yokohamas change the ride quality and/or the road noise.

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:21 AM
oh the thing in the upper left corner of your seat attached to the chassis? mine seem to stay in those fine I have an 05 so maybe its just your year?

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:22 AM
|
Absolutely, the stock Bridgestones front tires wore out heavily on the camper. Thus causing excessive road noise when braking. Threw those out for the Yoko's. They didnt come cheap though, around $300 a pop. Road noise has significantly been reduced and the grip is superior when hugging corning at 80mph.

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:25 AM
|
Yes, its its located on your left shoulder right on the seat. Damn, that is strange, wonder why mine come out almost everytime

Old 01-15-2008 | 01:25 AM
i have only owned my car since july, but have never seen either seat belt come out of those.. as though they are like permanently attached to them.. even when my friend tripped on the seatbelt when exiting from the back seat, it stayed fastened to the little plastic guide type thing

Old 01-15-2008 | 01:54 AM
Banned
haha. the torque in Gear 3 is excellent? The torque in all gear is dissapointing.

Old 01-15-2008 | 08:22 AM
My BMW's paint is just as soft

Old 01-15-2008 | 08:27 AM
The goblin resurrection
Premier Member
I think that if you weigh out the pro's vs. con's for the amount of $ this car is one of the best for a fact. It has moderate performance, good handeling, and great styling. If you need more power drop so $ in to a tt it will still be cheaper than an m3

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=scozec]Bought an 06Coupe sport package with 19's in July and I am going to list some pros and cons of this coupe after 14K miles

Too funny. Can't count the number of times that has happend. I always try to tell my back seat passenger to wait a second, but it just takes too long and they just get out anyway.

Old 01-15-2008 | 11:54 AM
Pros

This should actually be a CON since you're complaining about stock tires. Although I squeezed out 33k miles out of them, I'll take my General Tires anyday.

Cons

Don't have passengers in the back. Problem solved!

Old 01-15-2008 | 03:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
I think that if you weigh out the pro's vs. con's for the amount of $ this car is one of the best for a fact. It has moderate performance, good handeling, and great styling. If you need more power drop so $ in to a tt it will still be cheaper than an m3
U sure? A good TT setup cost about 20k+.. And it wont be as reliable as the M3 plus you have to mess with emissions standards, and the 19mpg will drop do about 10mpg haha.

And for the most part, aftermarket turbo setups usually smells. Either running rich, or its burning something.

Old 01-15-2008 | 09:40 PM
2 big thumbs up on the seat belt issue as well - mine's an 06 as well - that is extremely annoying!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months