G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pros/Cons on 06Coupe after 6months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009 | 12:18 PM
Agree with most part. Especially the seatbelt part. Its very annoying. I can never find a good place for the seatbelt. It might have been designed for taller people, it just digs into my neck all the time.

Old 07-18-2009 | 10:36 AM
Here's my take to your responses:
(I have an 06 coupe as well)

Pros
1. Superior styling and handling performance. Speed: Only car to beat me out of the gates is the M3 and the Corvette (but thats another league).

- you got that right, I don't consider it super fast but it's decent for what it is considering it has a fat butt that drag weight.

2. The torque in 3 gear is excellent

- It's good. I like it in the tunnels

3. Sound of the stock muffler purrrrs perfectly at the right pitch.

- same answer as number 2.

4. Yokohama Advan Sport tires are highly recommended, stock Bridgestones just don't cut it.

- I'm pretty happy with my Falkens

Cons
1. Soft paint on the bumper 5 nick already. When is Infiniti going to catch up to BMW or Lexus paint quality? Is anyone experiencing soft paint on the hood? I cannot really tell because of my 3M tape.

- thats why I had my entire front clearbra'd after it was repainted.

2. Seat beat never ever stays in its harness. It seems like it comes out almost every drive. This need to be redesigned completely.

- you got that right, not to mention for a shorter guy like me (5 ft 6in), it rubs against my neck time to time and it's not a good feeling.

3. Automatic seats for rear passengers is such a useless luxury. By the time you press the damn button, the passenger has already left the rear cabin.

- true but it's a nice feature for the lazy folks

4. Gas guzzler. I don't think the needle ever stays at Full for long, perhaps only 20 miles only. But this I can live with, if i wanted a gas saver, Id buy a Civic.

- I never cared to look at the gas mileage, I was looking at the rear and the lines of the car the whole time.

5. My Grille is lose its silver lustre, see pic. Anyone experiencing this?

- mine is still very shiny, even with my 3 hour commute to visit my fiancee every week