G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Freaking rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The rattles are so bad in my car that at times I just want to sell the car.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by ichiban101
anyone install a switch that will turn "off" the light in the glovebox when closed?
short coming from infiniti i'd say.
Nope not that i know of... the light is always on... you can have the dealer remove the bulb

Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bocatrip
After 4 1/2 years of ownership, between the rattles and front tire feathering, I'm considering to throw in the towel. I've already started looking at the 08 M35. I can't stand the rattles anymore!!!!!!
hahaha i have so many rattles and there all blaming it on my aftermarket HU. They wont fix them!!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sfgr415
The rattles are so bad in my car that at times I just want to sell the car.
+1 Rattles have always been a favorite thread on all the G35 forums. If you do a search on rattles you will have enough reading material to keep you busy indefinitely. Bottom line is this..... nobody wants to own a car that rattles constantly. There is no fix for this condition as the car rattles everywhere and once a few rattles are fixed, new ones appear. I have resigned to the fact that I will no longer ask the dealership to fix them and I personally am just waiting for the right moment to get rid of my car. It's too bad, as it a great looking car, but there is no turning back for me.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by dosa
I have so many rattles it also drives me nuts but I've given up on trying to get them fixed. The dealership can't replicate the noises. I get them from all over: sunroof, rear panels, middle console, sometimes from the vents and doors.
What does this say about the quality control and workmanship of our cars? It's very sad...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
i actually have the glove box rattle, if i put my hand and apply pressure it will go away. how do i fix this myself?

Old 01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
most of the time these rattles are easy to take care of... you would be surprised at how easy it is to tear a lot of the panels apart.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Alan
most of the time these rattles are easy to take care of... you would be surprised at how easy it is to tear a lot of the panels apart.
care to share how??
my glove box rattles like crazy now....

Old 04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by JJKK
care to share how??
my glove box rattles like crazy now....
I remember seeing a thread ( possibly on this forum) that showed a detailed disassembly of almost the entire G35 interior from front to trunk area with replacement of insulation and felt wherever feasable. It looked like a restoration job with everthing being removed. How many owners will be willing to do this anyway? The fit and finish on our cars is inherently crappy and there is not a whole lot that can be done. Thank God here in Florida the roads are smooth and I still have more rattles than I can count......... with new ones everyday.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
my tranny rattles and it bothers the **** out of me. when im idleing at a light or in a parking lot u hold down the clutch so it doesnt make that damn rattling noise. i upgraded my clutch and flywheel to jim wolf and its just a little worse. . . anyone no how to kit this? dealer said its "natural" but it sounds garbage.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 PM
what year do ya'll have that are getting these rattles?? i have heard so much about them but i have yet to experience any of them myself. how many miles do you have on your cars? i've got an 06 6mt with ~43,000 miles on it. i'm just curious if i am the only person who somehow doesn't have said rattles??

Old 04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by blankline9
what year do ya'll have that are getting these rattles?? i have heard so much about them but i have yet to experience any of them myself. how many miles do you have on your cars? i've got an 06 6mt with ~43,000 miles on it. i'm just curious if i am the only person who somehow doesn't have said rattles??
i got an 04... with 42,000 miles... and all the sudden i start to get this rattles from rear view mirror... glove box.. pass. seat... center console where the clock is... all starts less tahn a month ago, and it really bothers me to a point i am acutally consider selling the car

Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 PM
i dont really have any rattles.. gotta love dynomat and not really any noticable rattles from the dash.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 PM
I have a rattle immediately to the left of the shifter that absolutely drives me bonkers.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
When I first bought my car used, it had rattles everywhere. Mirror, center console, glove box, AC vents, everything.

I took most of it apart, and put camper liner foam tape everywhere where plastic meets up with plastic. Everytime I took something apart in the interior, I added more of the foam tape. I installed a PAC AAi-Nis2 recently, so same thing. Foam tape everywhere.

Car's nearly silent on the road. Once in a while I'll get a little click here in there from the roof lining if I go on fairly rough road. You can buy that camper tape at Autozone/pep boys for about $10. I've gone through about 3 rolls of that stuff.

The following users liked this post:
AJY (12-04-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Freaking rattles