G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Freaking rattles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Laid GP
I have a rattle immediately to the left of the shifter that absolutely drives me bonkers.
I tried stuffing folded paper under the shifter plate and it didn't help. When I pull up on the shifter plate it goes away. I gave up because there are too many other rattles to deal with.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had a rattle hear and there, but never anything that would want
to make me sell my G?????!!! I have an 03 with ~32K on it and maybe I just
havn't got the rattles yet and I will soon, or I'm just lucky. Either way, theres
no way a few rattles would make me sell my G! You guys are nuts....

Old 04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just starting yesterday...
i started getting this nasty rattles from my driver side's window...
wtf is wrong with my car????? @!#$%$%
it's like all the sudden my car starting to falling apart since 2 weeks ago.................

Old 04-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
my car has the worst freakin rattle, I THINK it is coming from the rear passenger back window....

The rattle is so loud and happens ANYTIME I accelerate or break....
SO FREAKIN ANNOYING, and it is LOUD>.... CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK....

Anyone know how to fix this one??

Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by E_K
When I first bought my car used, it had rattles everywhere. Mirror, center console, glove box, AC vents, everything.

I took most of it apart, and put camper liner foam tape everywhere where plastic meets up with plastic. Everytime I took something apart in the interior, I added more of the foam tape. I installed a PAC AAi-Nis2 recently, so same thing. Foam tape everywhere.

Car's nearly silent on the road. Once in a while I'll get a little click here in there from the roof lining if I go on fairly rough road. You can buy that camper tape at Autozone/pep boys for about $10. I've gone through about 3 rolls of that stuff.
That's a really good idea, I may have to try that.

A few days ago I had my head liner out of the car. My friend took some time to tighten all of bolts that hold in the sunroof frame and motor. AT LEAST HALF OF THEM WERE LOOSE! no wonder everyone has a rickety sunroof

anyway after the bolts were tightened up, I'd say 90% of my interior creaks are GONE

Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MJION
my car has the worst freakin rattle, I THINK it is coming from the rear passenger back window....

The rattle is so loud and happens ANYTIME I accelerate or break....
SO FREAKIN ANNOYING, and it is LOUD>.... CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK....

Anyone know how to fix this one??
Yours sounds like the wiring harness rear defroster TSB that you can do a search for.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
i have an 06 5at coupe. when i had the stock radio the aluminum like finish panels (the one that holds the radio and the one that contains the shifter) would rub against each other and constantly creek. i could put the palm of my hand on the front of the cup holder and push foward on it and it would stop. fortunately after i bought the aftermarket HU and JDM finish panel, the creeking in the console has seemed to stop.

another place that rattles is both speaker covers on both door panels (the round parts that cover the speakers and have hundreds of small holes in them) i thought it was in the speedo area of the dash but after i placed my hand over the covers, the rattles stop. i haven't fix those yet.

the last set of rattles come from the rear seat belt shoulder buckels vibrating against the plastic side interior panels.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I will admit, I have a few rattles, mainly by the glovebox area and in the rear speaker area. But to me I can live with it, even though at times it bugs the heck out of me.
I love this car, and when I hear the rattles, I just turn the music up a bit or roll the windows down. I love my car, rattles or not, she runs strong, looks great, even with a few interior quirks *fart*