G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warranty

Does anyone have extended warranty? if so is it worth it. i have alot of problems w/ my G and dont wan to get rid of it but i will if i have to. list of problems:
Tranny hum
clutch chatter
speakers going in and out
axle click
window issues
just to name a few.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I purchased an extended warranty for my car and I am very glad I did. My car is an '03 with 26k miles and I paid $1900 for a 5yr 60k mile $0 deductible warranty (the 60k miles are on top of the current 26k). I've already had over $1k worth of warranty work done and I have to take it in again due to a blinking airbag light.

Extended warranties are a gamble. Sometimes you never use them and sometimes you come out way ahead. You have to have a full inspection done before you purchase the warranty and I believe if the problems are present at the time of inspection, they won't fix them under warranty.

Good luck.
-Tyson

Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make sure you get a copy of a contract and read over ALL of the exclusions carefully beforehand to weigh your options. if it were a GM suv, MB or BMW, i would definitely tell you to get one.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I purchased the extended warranty right before I hit 50k miles. I have a list of things I have to take it in for now..so I guess it will pay off? (rear axle clicking, seat creaking, pass. window reset) It's covered until 85k miles or so.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:38 AM
can you buy an extended warranty "after" your factory warranty expires? My warranty just expired few months back, and my cd player is giving me a "cd error found" message. Since my warranty is over, I have to dish out $600~ish to get it replaced.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 AM
No you have to get it before your current warranty runs out.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got extended warrant and I'm very happy I did.. Already fixed a brake problem, and now my passenger side window just went out and thats going to get fixed too! Not to mention that ANNOYING seat creak, I hope they can take care of that too.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I will be the devil's advocate.. I did not get an extended warranty, and haven't regretted it. $2000 to cover the car for another 2 years wasn't worth it to me, and I've yet to have a major repair done that would've been covered under warranty **knock on wood**. In the OP's situation the trans hum should be covered under the powertrain warranty depending on how many miles you have on your car. Of the other things you listed, the only thing I see that might be covered under an extended warranty is axle click. Clutch most likely won't be a warrantied item. Good luck....

Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be using my extended warranty this weekend for my seat. Likely (hopefully), it won't save me nearly as much as the warranty cost. It was just a gamble for me in case some electronic item goes out. Some of these items can be hard to dig into to find/fix.

My previous vehicle, an used pickup, didn't come anywhere close to paying for itself. But the car before that saved me more money than the warranty cost.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Got an extended warranty with my 07 coupe for 2500 but its a 10 year 100k mile warranty, ive had my car there several times and it was definitely a good idea to get the warranty

Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
getting the extended warranty is s very good idea cuz u never know wats going to go. its saved me at lease $3k already

Old 02-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo86
No you have to get it before your current warranty runs out.
Wrong!
You can purchase an extended warranty after the factory warranty runs out. It will cost more depending on which millage bracket you're in. My car was past the factory warranty by 6 months when I purchased mine (post #2).

-Tyson

Old 02-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by G-4ME
Wrong!
You can purchase an extended warranty after the factory warranty runs out. It will cost more depending on which millage bracket you're in. My car was past the factory warranty by 6 months when I purchased mine (post #2).

-Tyson

Is it regular Infiniti warranty or some 3rd party warranty dealer? And if you don't mind, how much did you buy it for (approximately) and how long does it last? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:38 AM
I at first got the extended warranty for my G' because it was used( still had existing warranty left over). At the time, the guy said the warranty would be added to the existing warranty so extended warranty + current warranty. Then I called infiniti again and they said he was wrong and my current warranty would not count, so I ended up getting my money back and not taking the extended. Im glad I did that because Im going to be putting in a s/c and that will for sure void the warranty.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
yes its worth it... and you don’t need to be in warranty to buy it... you can be out and still buy it... nor do you have to buy it from your dealer... you can buy it from any Infiniti dealer... so look around for the best price..

Most cost around $2000... i just had my seat cushion replaced under warranty but if i didn’t have warranty it would have cost me $1600... So yes it’s worth it

Ill be buying one when mine runs out

P.S Dont buy a 3rd party extended warranty make aure its INFINITI

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty