G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My visit to TechnoSquare Inc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My visit to TechnoSquare Inc.

I wanted the TechnosECU and i'm in SoCal so I decided (on a whim) yesterday to drive down there and have them flash my car with the program. They are located in Torrance which is about 20 miles from my office.

It's a small shop in a string of other mechanics and body shops. I love how all the car shops will segregate off together like that...I have no idea why, it just appeals to me. Everyone in the shop was very nice and seemed happy to be doing the work for me.

As I walked in a noticed a mid-sized electricians bench with lots of ECUs on it waiting to be re-programmed. I assume that a few of these belonged to the folks here on this board. Back in their bays they had a 350Z completely gutted...I can only imagine the fun they are having with that thing. Out back was a twin supercharged Z...they told me it was about 415hp at the wheels...wow!

They also mentioned to me that the latest 2004 coupes were shipping with a new computer, and they were working on a new program for that computer as we spoke. They didn't know when it would be ready, but they seemed very excited about it. I ahdn't heard about this new computer, but my '04 coupe was purchased back in October, so I guess I havew the old computer / program.

I can't believe how easy the flash was. They hooked a battery charger up to my battery, disconeected the fan (they even left a note taped on my air-intake that read "do not forget fan connector" so they would remember to re-connect it. Then they plugged a laptop into the diagnostic port and began the flash programing. The flash took about 10-15 minutes to complete. When it was done they reconnected everything, reset the ECU and after a short road test I was on my way.

I love the responsiveness in MM (I have the 5AT) with the new ECU, I have to say it's money really well spent. My total was $635 and the whole experience was only about 30 minutes or so. I completely reccommend TechnoSquare for those of you looking to replace the ECU, after having been to their shop and seeing their work, I would totally trust them with my car.

Now my biggest debate is wheter to put a "Tuned by TechnoSquare" sticker in my back window or not. I heard the sticker alone is good for 10hp

'04 Coupe 5AT BS | Premium | NAV | 18" Wheels | Borla Exhaust | Aluminum Pedals | Clear Corners |

Old 03-18-2004, 02:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: My visit to TechnoSquare Inc.

Congrats on the reflash, bro. I wish I were only 20 miles away, I'd do one myself....enjoy

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-18-2004, 04:30 PM

Twinsupercharged 350Z eh? sounds interesting...but yea, i'm glad to hear you had a great experience with them, and i'm gladd you said they were in torrance, i thought it would be nearly impossible to go there with my ecu, but since i just bought a house out there (in gardena) the next time i fly out there from NY i'll just bring my ecu with me =)

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick

Old 03-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Whew! $635 for 30 min of work. Sounds like prostitue rates to me...( not that I would know, just what I heard from a guy on the subway...)

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 03-18-2004, 06:02 PM

XCELR8: you dont just pay for the flash, you pay for the program they flash on there. They developed the program themselves, so they can charge whatever they want for it I guess.

The analogy would be thinking you pay Microsoft $300 to install Windows XP. You pay them to develop it, not install it. Under that idea, TechnoSquare didn't charge me anything to install the program, just $635 (which included tax) which is their cost to sell it from their website.

'04 Coupe 5AT BS | Premium | NAV | 18" Wheels | Borla Exhaust | Aluminum Pedals | Clear Corners |

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 PM

Taking a pull from the go-fast-crack-pipe is expensive. I've taken more than my share in the past couple of months. If the flash can optimize your A/F mixture with your mods, give you a higher redline, and a handful of ponies, $635 doesn't seem to be out of the question to me but I'm an addict so my judgment might be a little off.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Well I burned a copy of Microsoft XP and then used someone elses registration code. Don't think they have a "ECU-RW" on the market yet

Ivory Pearl / 6MT / Aero / Premium / Xenon Lights Everywhere / Mirror Tint / Injen CAI / Injen SES Exhaust / Tanabe Racing Springs / Ground Wire Kit / Apex'i S-AFC II

Old 03-19-2004, 12:20 AM

hahah pimpinpearl...i was just about to say the same thing. Also, I do understand how it seems like they(technosquare) are making a lot of money just for a 30 minute job, so I guess it's up to the owner if they believe it's worth it. For me...I'm waiting to get my plenum and high flow cats before I get my ecu flashed...unless they can do a second flash for no charge(or a very small fee).

'03 G35c DG/G 6mt, full options

Old 03-19-2004, 08:02 AM

what is this flashing supposed to do

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:28 AM

I have been thinking of a reflash also, but my friend who just bought a reflashing kit for his WRX only paid $500. But it comes with all the equipment needed for the reflash, even the PDA for it! Meaning he can reflash as many times as he likes plus he didn't have to send the original ECU in. A much better deal I have to say.