G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Loss of Power, need expert help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loss of Power, need expert help!!!!

I have searched this problem and have found threads related to this problembut I need expert advice. Ok I have been experiencing a dramatic loss of power in every gear (except first). I sorta (i will explain sorta) had a intake on for about two weeks and then reverted back to stock air box.

Ok you know the short pipe that the Mass Airflow Sensor goes into, well I sawed off the plate that screws into the airbox and put a intake on the end. (I don't know what I was thinking) Now I took it off because tiny sound of it sucking for air would get annoying. Went back to stock and for the first day it was fine.

Next day my cousin drives the car for about 30 min and does a horrible job and I thought he burned the clutch because in 6th gear only that night I noticed a loss of power. Everyday since then every gear one by one is getting weaker.

I drive aggressive and when I get on the gas it's like their is a delay in power. I have cleaned the MAF with CRC cleaner and it doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to check next and I think if I take it to the dealer they are going to rape on the price. Damn I never knew air flow was so important.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Also I did restore the plate on the pipe and sealed the inside with a metal type of tape so there are no leaks.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 PM
try to search, i think read the exact same thing a few months ago, the bad news was...

the clutch needed to be replaced,

alittle over a grand, he did all that and the problem was gone.