G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

thinking about trading in AT for MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking about trading in AT for MT

considering the possible good news with the upcoming 2005 coupes, i'm really tempted to finally trade-in for the MT. however, i just wanted to get some feedback from those MT drivers out there. i've read some posts a while back that the g35 MT can be a little difficult to get used to. i've actually driven stick my whole life up until about a year ago when i purchased my 5AT ( couldn't wait for the MT in my color ). i'm starting to really miss having a stick and thought it would be a good time to upgrade if all the 2005 rumors are true. i've never driven a 6 speed before either but i'm sure it's the same as a 5 speed, right?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Re: thinking about trading in AT for MT

Besides the notchy shifting, it's a solid gearbox. A little more kick than the AT, or so I hear. I've yet to drive an AT G35.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:45 PM

The MT feels nice. Shifter is a little notchy. You notice it less in more spirited driving IMO. Car feels "springier"/ stallion like is my best analogy at part throttle. At full throttle you don't notice the differences as much other than a more interactive experience. The AT actually "feels" like more kick off the line under normal accelaration. Drop the clutch in the 6MT however and your experience will depend upon how much grip you can keep.

2003.5 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 03-31-2004, 01:56 AM

You need a lesson in money management and investments my friend. Is the hit your going to take on the car really worth the trade? Maybe you should have considered leasing

OG 03.5

Old 03-31-2004, 01:22 PM

sixone,

money isn't an issue. also, who considers purchasing a car an investment? as far as leasing, if i sell my coupe today, i would get more for the car than what i actually still owe on my car loan. therefore, in the past year and a half that i've been making payments, wouldn't that be equivalent to lease payments if i go through with getting the 2005 coupe?

either way, thanks for the advice.....not: ). and yeah to me, the "hit" is all worth it cuz who can put a dollar value on something you truly LOVE!!!!! : )

Old 03-31-2004, 02:46 PM

Your car whether you like it or not IS an investment. Ask anyone who actually has money (e-mail me)....and I'm glad to see money is not an issue. buy a Ferrari...nicer gear box.

Since this isn't a macro or micro economics board I'll spear you the lesson. Good luck with your 05 G!

OG 03.5

Old 03-31-2004, 03:13 PM

How exactly is a car an investment? Investments should at least have the POTENTIAL for appreciation. The majority of cars do not.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:52 PM

sixone does have a point that a car is an investment.....not really a financial investment that anyone would consider making money from or even breaking even. an investment in terms of "let me invest is a car that is reliable and won't break down on me in a few years" kind of investment. so, if using the term "investment" loosely, i guess it's an investment that does not involve profiting money but not losing too much money too quick and getting the maximum usage of the car before you sell. in that token then, who cares.....if i felt that way about my car purchases, i would buy a honda civic dude!!!

of course, when i say money isn't an issue, i'm not saying i'm filthy rich....far from that. just to me, losing a few grand to get what i really want isn't a big deal for me. actually, the attention i got the first year i had the car when the coupe first came out was all worth it!!!!

but thanks gdupg35, for backing me up somewhat: ) however, back to the point, can anyone else give me some feedback on the MT--i.e. how serious is the tranny issue with the MT's?

Old 03-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey thangbu, pls listen to sixone, he know what he is talking aobut, dont trade in your car, drive it till it fall apart, while you at it? stop eating too, would consuming food consider bad investment? since you get nothing out of it and you have to buy tissue paper all the time......s.w.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance