G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wood Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood Dash Kit

Would love some feedback or opinions on putting in an aftermarket dash kit. I think it would make the interior seem richer and a bit more infinit like. Do they look cheesey?? If you are a fan any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Soon to be owner of an 6mt prem aero diamond/diamond.
....Rumors about the 05s are killing me!

Old 04-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Wood Dash Kit

I ordered and recieved a wood kit last week for my Coupe. The fit and finish looked fine but I did not install the kit and ultimately returned it to the manufacturer for the following reasons. I do not have Nav and the piece that is supposed to cover the upper compartment does not fully cover the door. They must make it that way because if it was a full cover it caused the door to stick when it opens. People who have the full cover have complained about it sticking. Because I did not like the appearance of the partial cover and some defects in the workmanship, I decided to keep my interior stock. I would hate to ruin the interior from the adhesive and then take a beating when I decide to trade it in. I have also heard of numerous instances of the pieces lifting up at the edges from the heat. Also, I am seriously considering the 05 with the improved "factory" interior. I just don't like anything that is not factory.

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 04-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

i think that some aftermarket kits tend to go on wood overload. but hey, if you like it, then go for it. have you looked at the infiniti wood?

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 04-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the 2005 G35 's will have the brushed aluminum trim like the FX's instead of the PAINTED aluminum trim.... we'll see on April 8th.....

Old 04-01-2004, 09:35 PM

Mr.Elusive, I agree with you about Infiniti going for the industrial/modern look with the interior, but there really isn't an excuse for a car of this price to be trimmed in painted plastic. It's rather sad, frankly. If you read any review of this car by an automobile magazine, the "lows" are consistantly about the "plasticky interior". Evidentally Infiniti has listened, as in about a week we are to see their remedy at the NY Auto Show.

But instead of "titanium colored trim" they could easily have put "real brushed aluminum inserts".

Old 04-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't do it....I had it done on my last infiniti, and was sorry I did....
The pcs. are too many, and they expand and contract at different rates, usually leaving unsightly and uneven seams..
They also look added on.......even the best kits I've seen. It just looks less than "infiniti" standards...

I know many here have complained about the finish of the Coupes interior, but I think you would regret the kit in a short period of time......Just my .02 from experience hope this helps.....<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-02-2004, 12:09 AM

I love mine, no regrets/

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Grounding Wires

Old 04-02-2004, 12:32 AM

Pics

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Grounding Wires

220094-Cnv0024.jpg

Old 04-02-2004, 08:25 AM

Thanks Everyone for your responses. I appreciate the insight. Smokin G, are there any gaps between the pieces? Does it wrap around well, and did you do it yourself??

would love to know more.

Thanks

Old 04-02-2004, 08:49 AM

smokinG, does that kit go around the sides of the center console or just over the top?

Old 04-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

These kits do not wrap around the edges of the console but go only up to the edge.

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 04-02-2004, 11:16 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to make a blanket statement about all aftermarket dash trim kits. There are probably a dozen or more manufacturers, all with difference tolerances and quality. So to say don't do it because the one you had sucked might not be the best advice. You might have had a crappy brand, or had a crappy install.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:40 AM
WRAH

Yeah CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-02-2004, 12:43 PM

Kind of off topic, but my Infiniti saleman was telling me about this customer of his with a liquid copper FX with the brick interior (pumpkin colored leather) putting an orangy wood dash kit in the car. He said the whole car radiates orange and it was too intense. Kind of funny.

Anyway, one of my favorite things about the G's interior is the lack of "wood" trim. The titanium colored plastics doesn't bother me one bit. I tried to get an aluminum dash kit for my last car to cover up the wood trim in it, but the kit sucked and I returned it. I'm basically very skeptical of any stick on dash kits now after that episode.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wood Dash Kit