G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

the "dont buy from stillen thread" (part two)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to address these issues - which were in the original thread that somehow disappeared....

if you read the original thread, stillen shipped the wring brakes the first time, then sent brakes with torqued bolts the second time, then gave bad advice the third. so it wasnt an installer issue. when i had stillen correct these after shipping the car from hawaii to california, i still experienced problems until towbin infiniti deduced the exact problems. again, something stillen COULD have fixed, but didnt even when they had the hands on chance to...

Originally Posted by Nismo G
If your installer or whoever it was installed the brakes correctly the first time you wouldn't have had a problem. Brakes are very fragile parts and if everything is perfect then they are screwed up. Unless stillen did the install on the brakes then whoever installed them is at fault, not stillen. So there they gave you new rotors and pads because your installed can't break in rotors and pads correctly.

i have yet to "b*tch out the installer, i have yet to lose my compure as i dont operate that way. by the way, the installer here was stillen - last july... and i still havent received any paperwork i requested months ago, nor has the tech dept returned my calls...

You supercharger has a belt squeal? Again, most likely it is because it wasn't installed properly. Go to your installed and b!tch at him for not knowing his ****. Not stillen.

good call, i found that out and owned up to it with stillen when i found out. also - stillen had two of the replacement bumpers in their possession prior to shipping it out to vegas. they included mounting instructions in each of the boxes, but failed to inspect both for flaws and sent two defective bumpers and then claimed that they spent too much money on these instead of simply inspecting quality - something that stillen seems to frequently do

You "authentic" top secret bumper? It wasn't even made by the same material top secret uses. Yet you claimed that it was real and you needed a new one (or three?).

again, good call - it does appear that stillen has everything documented all of a sudden. thats funny, as all of their documentation and dates came from my emails to them. funny though how the perception changed in what they say and what actually happened. the other thread - again the one that magically disappeared, had over 20,000 views and somewhere are 500 plus posts with others who shared the same problems with his company. im no consipracy *****, but ive never seen a thread of this size in any forum go missing... who knows, with the way this thread suddenly went from my honest factual posting like the old thread to suddenly stillen goes on the defensive and gets immediate posting calling me as a con and cheat. who cons someone for what was offered after the customer got shafted, then put on hold for almost a year, had to front money, then had to wait some more, and then after thousands of dollars stillen magically rides in saying this is what really happened after virtually no activity with customers to begin with.

shakes head...

I am sorry to disagree with you on almost everything, but stillen has way more factual information than you do. If you had more convincing and supporting evidence then we might side with you, but it looks like stillen has everything properly documented. You don't.

-Sean

Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gspothawaii
to address these issues - which were in the original thread that somehow disappeared....

if you read the original thread, stillen shipped the wring brakes the first time, then sent brakes with torqued bolts the second time, then gave bad advice the third. so it wasnt an installer issue. when i had stillen correct these after shipping the car from hawaii to california, i still experienced problems until towbin infiniti deduced the exact problems. again, something stillen COULD have fixed, but didnt even when they had the hands on chance to...
So you say in this quote that stillen shipped the wrong brakes and then sent the right brakes back with torqued bolts? How do you have torqued bolts when they haven't even been installed?

You then for some reason responded inside my responce? By saying that

i have yet to "b*tch out the installer, i have yet to lose my compure as i dont operate that way. by the way, the installer here was stillen
and then you say here...

stillen didnt fix my brakes at their shop either. towbin infiniti in las vegas actually fixed the problem, so kyle is again mistaken there
If stillen installed the brakes the first time how did you get the wrong brakes the first time? If stillen was installing your brakes how did they ship you torqued bolts and the wrong brakes? Wouldn't they just take their own inventory and install it at their shop rather than wasting shipping cost just for the product to come back to the origin? Also, how do you get torqued bolts when they are brand new? They gave bad advice? Brakes are brakes man. They all install the same.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
yes, the replacement appeared to have been used previously... im from hawaii, i had the original brakes installed there after numerous problems with the ap kit. they first sent me a 300z kit, then with g35 kit came with torqued bolts - one which was bent at a 12 degree angle... after months of back and forth, my car went to cali in our move to vegas. stillen claimed that the installer in hawaii didnt tighten the brakes properly - but after i let california - i had the same problems again that the infiniti dealer here fixed. make sense now?

and i still have yet to lose it on these guys. all ive done is call every two weeks and/or leave an email message regarding the status. i have all of the emails saved - i wonder if stillen can make that claim too. by my records, i outnumber his emails four to one as stillen rarely replied on time, if at all. again, all of this posted in the original thread - but alas it is gone... i emailed the mods to find out why the thread is gone - no response yet.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
yes, the replacement appeared to have been used previously... im from hawaii, i had the original brakes installed there after numerous problems with the ap kit. they first sent me a 300z kit, then with g35 kit came with torqued bolts - one which was bent at a 12 degree angle... after months of back and forth, my car went to cali in our move to vegas. stillen claimed that the installer in hawaii didnt tighten the brakes properly - but after i let california - i had the same problems again that the infiniti dealer here fixed. make sense now?

and i still have yet to lose it on these guys. all ive done is call every two weeks and/or leave an email message regarding the status. i have all of the emails saved - i wonder if stillen can make that claim too. by my records, i outnumber his emails four to one as stillen rarely replied on time, if at all. again, all of this posted in the original thread - but alas it is gone... i emailed the mods to find out why the thread is gone - no response yet.
Still doesn't make that much sense since you said stillen was the original installer.

-Sean

Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
No problems with Stillen here! All my orders were all received fast. Margaret from Stillen is very very good in responding.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have placed many orders with Stillen and never had a single issue with their service. In fact, they have gone out of their way to make things easy and efficient.

I had an issue with my front strut bar not fitting over my spacer and what did they do? They took it back immediately and refunded me my money very quickly and with absolutely no hassle.

Go Stillen! Please keep up the great customer service.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
dang, hella Stillen love on the hate on stillen thread... well, i heart Stillen LOL i think car shops are like barber shops, for every 100 great hair cuts there's one that's a lil' off. human error has to be expected, no one's perfect. again, to the guys at Stillen... ur awsome, thanks for commin' out w/such high quality parts.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
gspothawaii: Has everything been resolved? If so...why don't you let it go?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have never had a problem with stillen..either you have bad luck..or your just a cocky bastard who bitches all day long(not saying you are...just a statement)

..but bottom line if stillen was so "bad" for you to say "dont buy from stillen" then they wouldn't still be in business...crappy businesses dont last long..common sense......as you can see stillen is up and running strong..

also just cause you have problems with stillen doesnt mean you have to give negative comments such as "dont buy from stillen" on public boards..keep it private..even if it isnt resolved..mistakes happen..you should know that......you probably dont agree but if you had a business you would understand..

my 2 cents...

Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 PM
ex-EVO driver
gspothawaii honestly just let it go...Stillen is a very well known company who have serviced many of us with G's here and have had no problems.

Whether or not you actually got screwed over or not and trying to convince people to boycott their parts is like banging your head against a brick wall.

I say we just let this thread die because we all know Stillen is a great company and even in this case lets say Stillen was at fault, that is maybe one in a million times that it may happen and they have already apologized and attempted to resolve the situation accordingly.

So I vote...lock this thread now mods please...ty

Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM
thats it, im done then. democracy.

somehow those of you who saw the old thread understood... but alas - stillen is the big corporate giant. all i can say is karmas a bitch. and i still have problems with their products. i hope those of you who spend as much as i did dont run into a problem, then you would know what it was like to be in my shoes.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats it, im done then. democracy.

somehow those of you who saw the old thread understood... but alas - stillen is the big corporate giant. all i can say is karmas a bitch. and i still have problems with their products. i hope those of you who spend as much as i did dont run into a problem, then you would know what it was like to be in my shoes.
Dude from what I can tell you have every right to post this review. No business would spend 4k unless they thought they fawked some isht up. It just wouldn't happen.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hopefully this thread can go "missing" also.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Huh, I find this funny. I'm a premier member of both here and my350z. I see many differences between the average G35 owner and the average 350z owner.

Specifically, the average (not all, but many) G35 owner is more concerned with how pretty his car looks, and is much less discerning when it comes to purchasing parts. Witness the number of G35 owners who actually believe a throttle body spacer and grounding wires give them extra horsepower.

Conversely, the average 350z owner is more concerned with performance, and is much more discerning on performance parts. You won't find too much snake oil being sold over on my350z.com, because the members over there will tear apart any vendor who tries to get away with things. Compare the Pulstar Plug threads on m350z versus the Pulstar Plug threads on G35Driver as a good example of this.

What bearing does this have on this Stillen thread? Well, it just goes to show that many G35 owners are much more trusting (gullible would also work here) of big name companies, as compared to 350Z owners.

Of course, I say all the above as a G35 owner.

Also, the previous Stillen thread being deleted probably has something to do with the buyout of both my350Z and G35Driver by Internet Brands. They pulled the same crap over on my350Z when a dealership complained to them about someone posting a bad experience with that dealership. Go Internet Brands!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by falconey
Dude from what I can tell you have every right to post this review. No business would spend 4k unless they thought they fawked some isht up. It just wouldn't happen.
They would if they were trying to make the customer happy. The guy bought a super charger kit from stillen...one of their more high end products. Trust me as a business owner myself...you try to go the extra mile for your top end customers. Eventually though enough is enough, and from what I can see there was no pleasing this guy.

The fact that Stillen had a well documented case in their post made the OP look bad. Just too many holes in his story. No offense OP. But the situation was more or less resolved. If the OP wanted to further his complaint he should of went to the better business bureau of orange county...not these boards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the "dont buy from stillen thread" (part two)