G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Some Legal Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Legal Help!!!

Man I dont mean to post so many threads like this......but I would really appreciate some help.

I had a new rear bumper installed at a place that was recommended by an Infiniti dealer. They had a huge facility and all with many luxury car customers....so I thought there would be no problem.......I already posted about my leather being ripped after my rear bumper installation. Then I go to polish my car and I see that there are white marks between the rear lights and the bumper (some sort of glue I guess....) and then I open the trunk to try to clean that and I see a small chip on my rear lights. I mean this is a place that fixes mercedez, bimmers, and stuff......

The things that they damaged are:
a) my leather (which I just fixed, because I didn't want to go through any legal stuff)

b) one of the rear lights has a chip

c) there are white stuff that I cannot remove between the rear lights and the bumper.

1) Its been already two weeks, could I still go complain about the damage they have done to my car?

2) If they refuse to fix the damages, what kind of lawyer should I get and how should I approach this legal battle?

I would really really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance...

Old 04-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned
Re: Some Legal Help!!!

If they refuse to fix or acknowledge the problem. Immediately file a compliant with the better business bureau and local consumer affairs department. If that doesnt scare them enough, then take them to small claims court.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Document everything. Every conversation, every email, phone call, letter sent letter received. Take pictures. I can't stress this enough.

2. Pursue settling this dispute with the company you claim has done the damage. If you hit a brick wall, keep pursuing. Every heard of the phrase "squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Make sure you are pursuing your claim with someone at the company that can make decisions. Talking to ONLY a sales rep or customer service rep will get you nowhere. Make sure to ask for their manager and all they way up until you are satisfied with a decision maker.

3. If, and only if, you do not receive a satisfactory settlement with the company then pursue the matter with your local Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/. In fact the BBB won't hear/help most cases unless you have exhausted your resources at the company with which you have a dispute.

4. If the dispute is not resolved after filing with the BBB, then you may want to consider retaining an Attorney. The BBB may help you with this. Otherwise ask around for good representation or let your fingers do the walking.

5.Finally be patient. Don't expect a quick resolution.

--Ox

Old 04-12-2004, 02:33 PM

hey blitzjb.......i dunno if you forgot or let it go.....we had an arguement........if you just let the past grudge go......and i really appreciate your help......

thanks to oxanar also.....looks like i wount have to contact the BBB. The owner (or a manager) agreed to give me a new tail light when i explained all the damages........

even though this problem was resolved quickly.......i really could use the advice and info I got from both people.......

thank you very much...........take care......

Old 04-14-2004, 11:44 AM

My situation was a little different. I had a spoiler problem that the dealer owned. Infinity Corp. was no help. Said it was a dealer problem. They're worthless. To make a very long story short, nothing was done until, "just for the heck of it," I sent an email to the dealer's "contact us" site. The next day the Sales Mgr. was reamed and the the Service Mgr. moved on it right away. You've got to go to the top of the company. Forget the quasi administrators who just jerk you around.
Good Luck

Old 04-14-2004, 08:14 PM

i know this doesnt apply to your situation, but If you are dealing with a new car dealer, the best thing to do is march on to the sales floor and start screaming your head off. its better for them to lose a few hundred bucks and satisfy you, than to lose potential customers watching you get pissed at the dealerships poor service.

Stock 5AT/ 20% Tint

Old 04-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Banned

Bygones

Only chicks hold long grudges

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>