G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crawford Plenum Install - Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crawford Plenum Install - Photos

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Last Saturday I installed the Crawford Plenum and IT IS INSANE! I've posted this in a couple of places, so if you've already seen the photos bear with me... click here

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Re: Crawford Plenum Install - Photos

nice install...im still wondering wat exactly this plenum does?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thot it was just a cover for the engine?

Old 04-13-2004, 04:25 PM

g_thirtyfive,

Go to this website CrawfordZ and click on..."CLICK HERE for a video from Doug himself explaining this modification." Try to focus on what Doug is saying, and NO the cigarette ash never falls off of the end of the cigarette. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-13-2004, 07:45 PM

Must you alway do a ECU reset when you do a mod to your car? If I just installed a injen CAI, should I reset the ECU?
thanks

Old 04-14-2004, 06:18 AM

Different people have different opinions... Check out this thread and try to follow the Scientific reasoning behind doing/not doing the reset... To Reset or Not To Reset. If you do a search you’ll find others who swear by the reset, however the MAF sensor doesn’t benefit by a reset, only the possibility of switching the auto tranny shifting points exists.

I personally think that this reset goes down in history right next to the grounding wire, additional hp claim.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT

Old 04-14-2004, 07:23 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

looks pretty tight cant wait to see it on saturday

Daniel

5ATc / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up semi-fixed and installed

Old 04-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice job.....a few questions...
1) does this plenum consist of the top part only, or is it a 2pc set up?

2) when you install the Crawford Plenum, do you lose the ablility to re-install the engine cover?

3) when doing this install, does it also require or recommend you replace the air tube/filter assembly?

4) any noticeable difference in low end torque/pickup?

Thanks in advance Neff......
<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-14-2004, 08:31 PM
DED

I think he will reply:
1 pc
yes - get rid of it anyway.
no
he will say yes. my ride says yes. how much i don't know.
His setup sure sounds good though.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Sweet.

Old 04-15-2004, 06:31 AM

Thanks DED... Dennis pretty much hit the nail on the head, except for one thing.

"3) when doing this install, does it also require or recommend you replace the air tube/filter assembly?"

The instructions have you take off the air intake tube that leads into the plenum. Since you have to take off over half of the intake, you might as well go ahead and take the whole stock intake off and add the Z-Tube and JWT Popcharger while doing the plenum install. Actually I would install the intake first. Simply follow the instructions for the Z-Tube/Popcharger install from the beginning and the last steps where it has you hooking back up to the throttle body... STOP... and begin with the plenum core swap. (In the first couple of steps of the plenum core swap, there are instructions, which tell you to disconnect the intake tube from the throttle body).

It is important to FLOOD your new plenum with MORE airflow to fully appreciate its true capabilities! That's why I'd recommend the $180.00 air intake mod being performed before the plenum install.

Also, "4) any noticeable difference in low end torque/pickup?"

I'd say DED was being very conservative with his answer. I took him for a spin and I caught way too much wheel from 1st to 2nd gear, MUCH MORE than ever before. I'd say that's proof that the rear wheel horse power and torque has significantly increased. I can feel the car pull from about 1500 rpm's all the way to redline MUCH STRONGER than before. I'm not sure if the RT Cats and intake are partly to blame (I think they might be), but I know that the plenum "mod" has gained more for me than the other 2 mods combined.

Then again, it might just be that you need all 3 of these mods to equate to the significant gain that I'm feeling... Either way, for less than $1200.00 including shipping and installation (mostly DIY) I'd be willing to go HEAD TO HEAD with ANY exhaust on the market. (And I'll be doing this tomorrow at the local drag strip - see SE Forum "Bithlo thread" for details)... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT

Old 04-16-2004, 05:50 PM

Neffster,

Sounds like you're close to me. I'm in Melbourne. Did you do your own mods or is there a good local mechanic you trust. I'm still breaking in but will probably want to do mods later. Want to stay N/A and think that getting air in and out is the best, most reliable way to go. From all accounts it's the best bang for the buck anyway. Anyway ant info on trusted tuners would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2004, 08:14 AM

For the NA mods, you most likely will not need a tuner. If you're looking for a baseline dyno (on a dynojet with SAE corrections) then there is a place in Orlando that works on Z's and G's called Titan Motor Sports. For what it's worth, I made my frist trip to the drag strip (Bithlo) last night with 5 other board members. I ran very high 14's due to 2 terrible launches and very poor reaction times. Fortunately I beat the other board member both runs due to me catching and passing him at/after the 1/8 mile point. My mods REALLY kicked in IMMEDIATELY. The second run I bounced off the rev limiter about 8 times in first gear (back wheels broke free), really pissed me off to know that my car is a high 13 second car and I was flirting with 15's. Anyway, the mods gained me almost 1 full second (from being behind to overtaking the other board member). In fact after being behind in the first 1/8 mile I finished over .1 seconds ahead and 8 mph faster.

NA mods work!

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT

Old 04-17-2004, 12:49 PM

Congrats on your runs. You'll do better. I've also run at Bithlo before in other cars. First time jitters will always get you. There's a lot more to drag racing than people think. Practice makes perfect. Thanks for the info.