G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Avoiding speeding tickets without a radar detector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Avoiding speeding tickets without a radar detector

hey guys maybe this is the wrong thread to post on but i did not want to start a new thread and get shambled, if i were to hard wire a valentine one to the visor area of the car, would the radar still be fully affective? i know the correct position is under the rear view mirror, but i need it hard wired so there is nothing blocking my vision. btw. if i do hard wire it to the visor area, will i also have the 360 degree option working (how the laser points towards the back in case a cop is behind u etc)
thank you for any input

Old 04-23-2004, 12:30 PM

Another thing to do is when you see a cop zapping people in the oncoming traffic stream, give them the highbeams to warn them. It seems to me that people used to do this a lot but you don't see it too much anymore.

2003 CB Coupe 5AT
ATI Procharger
Stillen Cat Back Exhaust
Eibachs
Gord G Grounding Kit

Old 04-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Re: Avoiding speeding tickets without a radar dete

My Dad's friend was speeding along in his SC400 a few years ago, when a Porsche blew by him on the freeway. A few moments later, he sees blue and red lights in his rear view mirror.

My dad's friend in the Lexus said to the officer "why didn't you go after that guy, he was speedong waaaaaaaaaay more than me?"

the officer replied "because that would have been much more work to catch him".

Old 04-23-2004, 01:25 PM

There you go... when in doubt, just floor it.

Damn pigs.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:34 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Another thing to do is when you see a cop zapping people in the oncoming traffic stream, give them the highbeams to warn them. It seems to me that people used to do this a lot but you don't see it too much anymore.

<hr></blockquote>

I don't know how it works where you live but in MD they can bust your @$$ for that. I do anyway b/c I've been saved by kind soles like that on more than one occasion.

Live in the MD/DC/PA/VA area?
PM me to join the Capital G club!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 02:41 PM

Hehe, i'll actually take this one on

True, if you don't speed, you will not get speeding ticket.
True, you pay for your own actions while breaking the law(as you should).

However, discarding people that really fly on roads(and i am one of those, so i am fully prepared to pay for my actions and this rant is not really about me), there is a serious problem with statement "Don't speed" from scientific point of view.

Simply put, on many roads, for 40-60% people it is not an option.

Many people mistakenly think that drivers maintain speed according/based on posted limit and willingly break the limit because they want to go faster. That is not the case. There have been many studdies that suggest that speed limit has NO effect on actual traffic speed. Simply put, drivers find their speed comfort zone and then drive in it REGARDLESS of posted limit.

How many times you have said to yourself, i'm not in the hurry, i'll drive 55, and then 15 min later find yourself doing 75? (the same logic applies to someone getting RD to be reminded not to speed)... This is a natural behavior. Most of us DO NOT look at speedometers(nor they should) and judge proper speed by what is happening outside the car.

The problem with limits is that they are in many cases artificially law. NTSB and other government agancies including engineers that design highways recomend limits to be set to 85% of actual traffic speeds where 85% of drivers are within that limit and only 15% are driving faster then given road allows(obviously for good conditions and there are exceptions)...

Reality is quite different. In the name of safety(but mostly for taxation purpose or because of ignorance) we are forced to cope with limits that are set to 60, 50, and sometimes even 40 percentiles... making as many as 60% of people break the law that they have very little ability to follow...

So yeah, "don't speed" if you can!.... sorry this was too long

'03 G35c 6MT Silver/Black, Perform., Nav, Prem. Typhoon K&N
'97 Ducati 916 Bip

Old 04-23-2004, 10:46 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

if i were to hard wire a valentine one to the visor area of the car, would the radar still be fully affective

<hr></blockquote>
Read these links:
http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt1.asp
http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt2.asp

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering - Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 04-24-2004, 01:37 AM
04 G35 Coupe 6MT Gold Brembo’s

quote from justICE "You know I always wondered why they dont put a governor on everyones car set to the maximum speed limit. No I personally don't want this but I am curious why it isn't done.Could you imagine if they did put governors in our cars"

Not that it could ever happen, but if it did, there'd be an underground industry devoted to modifying/ lifting them/ faking malfunctions in them. Plus somebody will get hurt and sue, claiming that they were denied the extra speed needed to avoid an accident/ tornado/ speeding train, whatever...

In Germany, many Autobahn rockets like AMG Benzes, Porsches, M5's get their limiters lifted -- (usually governed at ~150 mph and they're ~200mph cars without).

Anyway, people here would probably do the same thing as their first aftermarket mod. Then they'd even have a half-@ssed excuse...
"...sorry officer, but there must be a malfunction in my governor! I assumed it was working so I just kept my foot down!"

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone

Old 04-24-2004, 03:24 AM
04 G35 Coupe 6MT Gold Brembo’s

Re: letting a rabbit speed in front of you...
You'd have to leave a big gap behind him.

I once saw a cop pull over multiple cars for racing. He blipped the last guy who immediately pulled over... the cop just left him on the shoulder and chased down the second and first guys. I was gone by then, but I assume he must have wrote up the first guy and then reversed down the shoulder to write up the other two.

But like someone said, they'll often pull over just one guy -- who usually says something like "...but, but... the other guy was going faster!" the cop's classic reply is "Yeah but you're the one I caught".

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone