G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Heat/AC Controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat/AC Controls

I'm having trouble getting correct info on operating heat/AC on my new G35 sedan. I'd like to have the cabin maintained at a constant temp, the way the manual describes. But, with the controls set on "Auto AC" or Auto AC Econ", only the dash vents produce a flow. When I try to change to also use the foot vents, the controls switch to manual. Is this correct?

Old 03-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Heat/AC Controls

If the car thinks you need heat, it'll automatically switch to the foot vents. In auto mode, all you set is the desired temperature. It's not a perfect system, sometimes you have to set it a few degrees past where you want (say, 76 instead of 72 if you want more heat, or 68 if you want more cold air). Plus, the heater won't kick in until the engine warms up -- once the engine temp rises, the system will bring up the fan speed and the warm air. In theory, it should maintain a constant temp; in practice, Infiniti's auto climate control isn't the best out there.

And next time you have a question about a sedan, go to the Sedan board. If it's a general technical question, try the Technical & Modifications board. Mainly, because the next person that comes along with the same question will ask it again, because they won't see your answer hiding in the Coupe forum. (Actually, they'll probably ask anyway, because they'll be too lazy to search for it, but that's a whole different matter....) [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter