G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

arggh accident only click if willing to see it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008 | 12:29 PM
No expert, but from personal experience in a very similar accident, the other driver will be deemed 100% at fault unless it is determined that you were speeding, which is pretty unlikely.

Old 06-12-2008 | 01:33 PM
Dang, I'd cry :cry:

Old 06-12-2008 | 01:49 PM
Sorry to see it, glad you're ok.

You should be all right. Had a similar experience. Guy ran a red light, I t-boned him in the intersection. Since he ran the light he was at fault even though I was the one who hit him.

Tore the front bumper off my car, bent the bumper supports 45 degrees to the right. Air bag depoyment. Body shop replaced front structural part of car, radiator, headlights, etc. Also entire air bag system and seatbelts. Car looked great. However there was an apparent grounding problem causing several ignition coils to go bad every week or so. Since nobody could fix this problem (body shop or dealer) over the course of 2 months his insurance and the body shop bought the car from me since both guarantee the work. His insurance also paid for 3 months of rental car and various medical expenses.

Old 06-12-2008 | 01:51 PM
Nothing for you to worry about, my wife is claims adjuster for an insurance company. If you are in your lane and someone enters that lane of travel, then you are obligated to avoid the accident safely. If you didn't feel that changing the lane of travel would have been safer then you did the right thing. I wouldn;t admit any speeding just that you were doing the speed limit. Also tell the insurance that you didn't have time to brake and come to a stop to avoid this collision. Tell them you did everything you could to avoid this collision without adding any more danger to this incident.

Old 06-12-2008 | 04:15 PM
|
thanks for all the support in here fellas i was definitetly trying to brake as the road will confirm to that but it was way to late the repair so far on what my body shop said is already around 15,000-20,000 probably gonna get a new car but no worries i wil still get a g35 i love this car even though i only had it for 1 week

Old 06-17-2008 | 02:36 AM
I don't think liability will be the issue here. I am guessing more or less the sizable amount of repairs that will be required. From what I see it seems like liability is clear. Speed won't be a factor here, unless you were doing double the posted. The vehicle code supports your innocence.
21804. (a) The driver of any vehicle about to enter or cross a highway from any public or private property, or from an alley, shall yield the right-of-way to all traffic, as defined in Section 620, approaching on the highway close enough to constitute an immediate hazard, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to that traffic until he or she can proceed with reasonable safety.
Good luck.

Old 06-17-2008 | 02:45 AM
i've had a similar experience also. some girl pulled out in front of me from a driveway and i t-boned her. the insurance company asked how fast i was going and i said 50 and later found out that the speed limit on that street was 45mph. so the insurance company says that since i was a little over the speed limit it was partially my fault. so instead of getting the full amount of the insurance $, they gave me partial.

Old 06-17-2008 | 12:06 PM
|
Originally Posted by Soonerman
Sorry to see it, glad you're ok.

You should be all right. Had a similar experience. Guy ran a red light, I t-boned him in the intersection. Since he ran the light he was at fault even though I was the one who hit him.

Tore the front bumper off my car, bent the bumper supports 45 degrees to the right. Air bag depoyment. Body shop replaced front structural part of car, radiator, headlights, etc. Also entire air bag system and seatbelts. Car looked great. However there was an apparent grounding problem causing several ignition coils to go bad every week or so. Since nobody could fix this problem (body shop or dealer) over the course of 2 months his insurance and the body shop bought the car from me since both guarantee the work. His insurance also paid for 3 months of rental car and various medical expenses.
really so did you get something in writing that you get guarantee work was it a lifetime or gave you few years can you give me more details the only thing i'm worried about is the airbag and i hear how there are airbag scam going around in the U.S and will my car run the same as it was again so if i have any problems with my radiator which in this case was all busted they would fixed it again?

what is the ignition coils?

Last edited by nalspeed; 06-17-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2008 | 01:47 PM
nalspeed,

Since the body shop I used was on his insurance company's "approved" list, the insurance company guaranteed the body shop's work. The body shop also guaranteed their own work. The paperwork from the body shop and from the insurance company state this. It was good for as long as I owned the car. My radiator was cracked so they replaced it with a new one. As long as they replace yours it shouldn't be a problem.

Don't know what to say about the air bag other than use a reputable body shop and trust that they did what they're supposed to do.

Igniton coils are what provides the high voltage electricity to the spark plug to ignite the air/fuel mixture in the cylinders. Each cylinder has two. The car would run for about a week, then it would start to lose power and run rough. The check engine light would come on. When the coils go out, that cylinder doesn't fire. When you lose several at a time like I did the car hardly runs at all. Not fun when you're on the highway in rush hour traffic.

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:12 PM
|
wow thanks for the reply so did you get a new car did you feel after the accident your car was not the same anymore do they fix like alignment or any scratches for the rims men this is such a stressful week i guess it wil take 4-5 weeks to repair in the meantime i'm driving a nissan se which is not comparable to the g35 thanks for the reply

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:25 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by nalspeed
alright warning if you have a strong stomach then look at pics below. I got into an accident i was in the major intersection street car there go 30-45 mph i was maybe going 50mph some fool was getting out of the driveway i guess fool could not see my car and still left the driveway. Could this be my fault or his. Fool saying oh i didn't see you or ooh you were going to fast since i was in major intersection don't i have the right of way. Thank god my airbag got deployed and i'm pretty sure radiator is mess up too due to i saw a lot of coolant on floor. Thank god everyone is okay except for my g35. Now my question is do you think is it worth repairing the car through my insurance or get a new car see pic below. If there are some expert advice here or had experience before or some sort of professional advice i would take it thanks for all the help i hope this is not the last time i drive a g35

if you were going str8 and he was backing up dont care how fast you was going you have right of way idiot should of looked back. so your str8 that guy should be shot for doing that to your car. we got ur back lol

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:28 PM
Old 06-17-2008 | 04:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by gameovamuttz
if you were going str8 and he was backing up dont care how fast you was going you have right of way idiot should of looked back. so your str8 that guy should be shot for doing that to your car. we got ur back lol
thanks for all the support here fellas even only after 1 week owning the car i fell in love with it i feel like a part of me is missing now P. Now i gotta wait for about 4-6 weeks for repairs men i missed that car already oh well in meantine i'm going to be driving this rental nissan car which is no closer to a g35 P is there anything i should look into or investigate once my car is fixed or being repaired any advice what to tell the bodyshop ?

Old 06-17-2008 | 04:50 PM
|
Originally Posted by gameovamuttz
oh yeh they already admit that it is their fault unfortunately they can only cover 10k when my cost is around 16k for repairs

Old 06-17-2008 | 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by nalspeed
thanks for the support guys and i don't think i was even speeding at all. I think the guy was trying to see if he can beat the ongoing traffic. imagine going west and the guy is trying to get to the east lane going opposite of you. My primary and main concern now is my airbag did get deployed so hould i know if the body shop that i went to would fix that or make it operate back to new. Do they go through some testing i know i was talking to them and they said its by law that they make and put the airbag back on again but how would i know that is't working properly i know this question is not to be taken lighty due to life and death situation again thanks for all the help and support in here
There are services body shops can use; they will come out and do diagnostic tests connected to the system to determine if it is working or not. I found this out when my Frontier was wrecked a second time and the bags did not deploy; the service was called in, they tested and found the previous body shop didn't change a bad piece of harness and disabled the system as to not light the bulb in my dash... The truck was properly fixed tested and passed afterwords.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: arggh accident only click if willing to see it