G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

arggh accident only click if willing to see it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arggh accident only click if willing to see it

alright warning if you have a strong stomach then look at pics below. I got into an accident i was in the major intersection street car there go 30-45 mph i was maybe going 50mph some fool was getting out of the driveway i guess fool could not see my car and still left the driveway. Could this be my fault or his. Fool saying oh i didn't see you or ooh you were going to fast since i was in major intersection don't i have the right of way. Thank god my airbag got deployed and i'm pretty sure radiator is mess up too due to i saw a lot of coolant on floor. Thank god everyone is okay except for my g35. Now my question is do you think is it worth repairing the car through my insurance or get a new car see pic below. If there are some expert advice here or had experience before or some sort of professional advice i would take it thanks for all the help i hope this is not the last time i drive a g35

Attached Thumbnails arggh accident only click if willing to see it-picture-018.jpg   arggh accident only click if willing to see it-picture-019.jpg   arggh accident only click if willing to see it-picture-020.jpg   arggh accident only click if willing to see it-picture-021.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch that sucks. Looks pretty bad, hope you ok

Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't see how anyone pulling out of a driveway has the right of way when you're on the street. I wouldn't admit that you were speeding to anyone but I doubt that it matters, because I think its a right of way issue.

I've been in a few minor accidents with people, never my fault, but they like to bend things around and try to say its yours for some reason. I hit someone coming out of a driveway when I was in the left lane. His excuse was that the guy in the right lane was slowing down to let him go so I should have also therefore it was my fault. What a moron.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
WOW that looks bad, hope everything is finw, G/L with the insurance, i can see this case going both ways mainly because of your speed otherwise it would be his fault. again G/L
do you think is it worth repairing the car through my insurance or get a new car
Seems like there is a lot of frame damage and possible engine damage as well, get the mechananical systems checked out, but if you can afford it i would just buy a new G, like you mentioned!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nalspeed
alright warning if you have a strong stomach then look at pics below. I got into an accident i was in the major intersection street car there go 30-45 mph i was maybe going 50mph some fool was getting out of the driveway i guess fool could not see my car and still left the driveway. Could this be my fault or his. Fool saying oh i didn't see you or ooh you were going to fast since i was in major intersection don't i have the right of way. Thank god my airbag got deployed and i'm pretty sure radiator is mess up too due to i saw a lot of coolant on floor. Thank god everyone is okay except for my g35. Now my question is do you think is it worth repairing the car through my insurance or get a new car see pic below. If there are some expert advice here or had experience before or some sort of professional advice i would take it thanks for all the help i hope this is not the last time i drive a g35
Sounds to me like you were speeding. Because the guy pulled out in front of you when you have the right of way, he's almost certainly at fault. But the fact that you were speeding means that you will more than likely also be found at least partially responsible for the accident.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
His fault.. My buddy is a cop and he told me that 90% of the time the driver at fault uses the excuse " oh I didn't see you"

Old 06-11-2008, 09:55 PM
thanks for the support guys and i don't think i was even speeding at all. I think the guy was trying to see if he can beat the ongoing traffic. imagine going west and the guy is trying to get to the east lane going opposite of you. My primary and main concern now is my airbag did get deployed so hould i know if the body shop that i went to would fix that or make it operate back to new. Do they go through some testing i know i was talking to them and they said its by law that they make and put the airbag back on again but how would i know that is't working properly i know this question is not to be taken lighty due to life and death situation again thanks for all the help and support in here

Old 06-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by ninous26
His fault.. My buddy is a cop and he told me that 90% of the time the driver at fault uses the excuse " oh I didn't see you"
yeh exactly that was the word i was looking for i was in the main road and the fool trying to make left and get on the other side of the street thnking he can beat me before i get there. Everyting felt like matrix i was like dude while he was getting out of the drive way i was like please don't move forward and he still did then bam!!! i was to beath the s@#@hit out of him becuase he knew it was his fault and he did not question me because he knew it was his fault. The good thing about all fo this was there was guy right behind hm and he was really cool saying he saw the whole thing that the driver should of not go trying to beat traffic i got his number and willing to be witness if the driver try to turn everything around on me

Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by nalspeed
thanks for the support guys and i don't think i was even speeding at all. I think the guy was trying to see if he can beat the ongoing traffic. imagine going west and the guy is trying to get to the east lane going opposite of you. My primary and main concern now is my airbag did get deployed so hould i know if the body shop that i went to would fix that or make it operate back to new. Do they go through some testing i know i was talking to them and they said its by law that they make and put the airbag back on again but how would i know that is't working properly i know this question is not to be taken lighty due to life and death situation again thanks for all the help and support in here
Yea they replace everything then clear the code. If the code/light shuts off your fine. There is a bunch of stuff you replace besides the airbag, some cars even seat belts. If you go through his insurance in most states you can go to any shop you want.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just have to wait for the police report. some insurance places take forever to get the report. so you might just want to wait a week or so, call the local reporting pd, get the report, and find out if your at fault.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
damn bro sorry to hear about that...

Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
ouch.. beebo G/L With everything

Old 06-12-2008, 11:34 AM
good luck bro. i had a similar accident a few years ago. the other driver was at put at fault and her insurance paid for all the repairs and my rental. i hope all turns out well for you.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
How many lanes where there? If more than one, why didn't you swerve to the next lane? The bottom line is that the party is at fault but as a defensive driver, you need to be able to maneuver when the time calls for it.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
ouch! sucks mhan!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: arggh accident only click if willing to see it