G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

hit a dead deer last night, no damage, but

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hit a dead deer last night, no damage, but

So i was driving home last night, and right infront of me a semi demolished a deer and left its bloody carcus in the middle of the road for me to hit immediatly after him, i couldnt avoid it in time. It made a shwoosh sound, i got out to check for damage, nothing damaged, however when i woke up this morning and went to look at the car, i noticed flesh and muscle hanging from the bottom of my car, whatever sharp parts there are on the bottom of the car ended up with a nice slab of deer. So i took it to the car wash and went through automatic wash, since it gets underneath, that was unsuccessful, so i took it to a bay and spent about 15 min trying to blow the skin/muscle that was lodged into various parts underneath. I got most of it out, probably ended up with 10 lbs of deer. lol. but now my problem, is that some skin or blood must still be around the exhaust somewhere, because now when it gets warmed up, i have this burnt deer steak smell outside of the car. i will probably run in through the wash again soon, but do you guys think it will go away eventually?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Eventually... yes.

Your next best option would be to lift the vehicle up and crawl under there with some goggles and gloves on and a head-light and try to see if you can visually see any major chunks under there.. and pull them off with your glove-clad hands. Nasty, yes... but you've got to do what you've got to do.

Speaking of which... I was changing the oil on my Tacoma today and found a whole bunch of flesh of some sort jammed in the inner edge of my front fender.. but on the engine side, not the exterior fender side. I'm guessing some animal decided to take up residence near my fan shroud and met an untimely demise when I started it up today. Kind of a nasty thing to see hanging right near your head when you climb under there to pull the drain plug.

I just grabbed some rags and wiped the goopy remains off.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 PM
I was not so lucky I hit a dead deer last year. Well my wife was driving my car on the way home from the race track and hit the deer. It cost me, Well my insurance co. a bumper, washer fluid resevoir,all the plastic inder the front and some fender and hood body work.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
i dont think i would have been so lucky had the truck not already ripped the deer to shreds from the looks of the blood on the front of my car, it only hit about 3 inches up on the bumper. I just kind of laughed about it after i realized there was no damage, but there was a whole bunch of deer skin and meat hanging from my car, and damn it was wedged in there. I dont think i wanna see anymore deer guts,skin,blood,muscle for awhile, but i may just have to lift it up and see, i think it just looks like blood on the cat or something. hopefully it goes away

Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Well at least now you know how to pick up a free 10lbs. of steak

Old 06-29-2008, 10:14 PM
after seeing, smelling, and washing that.. im not so sure id like to eat any deer any time soon.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
use a pressure washer. jack the car up and spray that sh*t from back to front...

Old 06-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I think next time i wash it, im going to put it to soap and spray a bunch of that up there and start the car up and let it bake that smell into the exhaust instead of the freakin burnt deer steak

Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 PM
just a sedan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
lol, wasnt much to see.. i can go back to tha carwash and take pics of the meat on the floor if youd like =) im thinkin the next man in there was wondering what the eff went down

Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I hit a rotting opossum one night last year. It was too small to do any damage but as soon as I hit the thing the smell of rotting flesh FILLED the cabin of my G. Worst thing I'd ever smelled in my life. I got out of the car and started dry heaving. Spent the next morning under my car with a hose, make-shift nose plugs, and a pair of pliers prying opossum guts and fur from my undercarriage. I know I didn't get all of it because the smell came back for about a month or 2 whenever the car got hot.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:13 PM
damn, that makes me feel like i need to get under it and really inspect it now. i dont want it coming back. but i do see like blood on the cat so i think once that burns off ill be ok, cant smell it inside of the car, just outside

Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
i hit three deer at once one time in a dodge daytona....not a pretty sight at 55mph...consider yourself lucky....and dangit the other day i hit a raccoon with the g...it broke the amber side light just another excuse to buy clear corners

Old 07-02-2008, 01:16 PM
ive had my fair share of deer, before i bought the G i hit a buck with my GTP.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to remove anything. Just park it outside for a couple of nights and the local wildlife will have a feast and take care of it for you.

The following users liked this post:
shurur (11-24-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hit a dead deer last night, no damage, but