G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

first post = question for G owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa, another sweet ride. I like the first pic. Car looks mean. What am I looking at with the last pic and the headlight mod?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by paulCru
whoa, another sweet ride. I like the first pic. Car looks mean. What am I looking at with the last pic and the headlight mod?
Because my car is an 03 it came with the non-projector headlamps. I switched to the 06-07 projector headlamps and had them modified by Clearcorners.com with more LED's than I can count.

What you are looking at is an white LED ring around the actual projector which creates a dual ring effect when reflected off the projector, modified clearence strips with white LED's (the 06-07 headlamps do not come with illuminated clearence strips), reverse mounted white LED's in the fog light chamber to shine towards the reflector portion of the chamber, modified turn signal lense with white LED rings and amber leds for the blinking section to keep it legal.

I hope that makes sense

Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by NoirKyouto
Hell yea, what year on the 3kgt?

Also that red coupe above looks real nice, real clean. Love it.
Here is my G;

Here is my 95VR4;

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
Here is my G;

Here is my 95VR4;
Sweet g.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
Because my car is an 03 it came with the non-projector headlamps. I switched to the 06-07 projector headlamps and had them modified by Clearcorners.com with more LED's than I can count.

What you are looking at is an white LED ring around the actual projector which creates a dual ring effect when reflected off the projector, modified clearence strips with white LED's (the 06-07 headlamps do not come with illuminated clearence strips), reverse mounted white LED's in the fog light chamber to shine towards the reflector portion of the chamber, modified turn signal lense with white LED rings and amber leds for the blinking section to keep it legal.

I hope that makes sense

How much was that?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM

I hope that makes sense

LOL, I kind of get what you mean. Damn that looks like a lot of work you had done there. Looks good to me though.

And urban, your G is ****, bro!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black on Black on Black

Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by paulCru
LOL, I kind of get what you mean. Damn that looks like a lot of work you had done there. Looks good to me though.

And urban, your G is ****, bro!
Thanks man....took a lot of hard work.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2973376

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
How much was that?
Too much...

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Here is my G;

Here is my 95VR4;
GTM did your G right?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Yep.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by viceversa

and for modding...there isnt that much more power you can yield out of these engines with bolt-ons.

i dont think i can agree with this 100%, you can get the z tube and the plenum spacer and you'll bump your hp up at least 20hp. for 250 bucks that's not bad at all.

anywayz i have to say this car is fun to drive...could use a little more power on the high end but there's enough torque for the low end. it's a pretty fast car but to me it kind of feels slow because its so smooth. throwing the *** end out around corners is as easy as turning off vcd and pushing the gas peddle down.

way more luxurious than the 350z and pretty much as sporty. i love it. GET IT, you wont be disappointed!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Yep.
I am in the process of building my G and I am deciding between two different shops to go to. One shop is GTM for obvious reasons (can't go wrong with Sam) except Sam charges a large bag of cash for his work. The other shop is Technosquare. Tadashi (sp?) at Technosquare is a legendary tuner in Japan. They seem very open to taking on my build, whereas GTM has been somewhat un-responsive (I do realize they are busy). I'm curious to know about you're experience with GTM. Feel free to PM me to avoid taking this thread off topic.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I am in the process of building my G and I am deciding between two different shops to go to. One shop is GTM for obvious reasons (can't go wrong with Sam) except Sam charges a large bag of cash for his work. The other shop is Technosquare. Tadashi (sp?) at Technosquare is a legendary tuner in Japan. They seem very open to taking on my build, whereas GTM has been somewhat un-responsive (I do realize they are busy). I'm curious to know about you're experience with GTM. Feel free to PM me to avoid taking this thread off topic.
Really depends of what type of work you are planning on doing, I don't know Technosquare very well unless it's the same place that provides ECU re-flashes?
Sam is a busy guy and his rates are a little higher than other shops but I went through another shop first and learned the hard way so going to Sam was actually a blessing in disguise. My car drives just like stock, you can't even tell it's got power until I unleash it.

Sam is busy, I just checked over on my350z and he has a bunch of people who are getting their cars back this week so he is working pretty hard. I would say first make your mind up on what you want and stick to it, Sam does like to add additional items which he considers may be helpful but if you don't want them just say so. When it comes to FI then go with someone who has done this many times before, there is no reason to rush a build if that is what your aiming towards.

There are not many other shops in Cali to go to so just do your homework first.

I am planning on going down pretty soon for some hopefully final work.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Really depends of what type of work you are planning on doing, I don't know Technosquare very well unless it's the same place that provides ECU re-flashes?
Sam is a busy guy and his rates are a little higher than other shops but I went through another shop first and learned the hard way so going to Sam was actually a blessing in disguise. My car drives just like stock, you can't even tell it's got power until I unleash it.

Sam is busy, I just checked over on my350z and he has a bunch of people who are getting their cars back this week so he is working pretty hard. I would say first make your mind up on what you want and stick to it, Sam does like to add additional items which he considers may be helpful but if you don't want them just say so. When it comes to FI then go with someone who has done this many times before, there is no reason to rush a build if that is what your aiming towards.

There are not many other shops in Cali to go to so just do your homework first.

I am planning on going down pretty soon for some hopefully final work.
Yes Technosquare is the re-flash place. I was shocked to find out they could do the work. Apparently they have built some of the cars for D1 as well as many cars in Japan.

I am planning on doing a full engine build... TT, GTM's 4.24L long block, etc. Lots of stuff is going into this build...I swear I have a parts list that is a mile long. LOL!! I am meeting with Technosquare later today to get into the details, cost, etc. Tadashi at Technosquare is supposed to be a genius when it comes to tuning turbo engines.

Part of me is still leaning towards Sam...too many success stories to ignore.

Let me know when you head down this way...I'd like to go for a ride in your G. Thanks for the input.