G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

cheap performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by biggz786786
get pulse plugs(direct replacement of spark plugs)
also get the splenum spacer and jwt pop charger
best bang for your buck!
my friend has pulse plugs in his G
and he noticed a pretty good mid range power gain
they dynoed a 350Z bone stock and got 11whp gain
i was like WOOOOOH how is that possible!?!?!?
lol
then i found out that it burns the fuel more fully than our STOCK plugs
ONLY 25 BUCKS A PLUG!
Iono about that, I looked into it because I heard good things, but there is a huge thread on here about the detonation that people have gotten, and how it's blown more than a dozen motors already. Pulse plugs at your own risk, don't wanna guarentee, but do your research b4 buying anything.

+1 on z-tube, pop charger, spacer, and sways! After that, learn to drive the thing lol!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol read my sig.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Plenum spacer, z-tube, sway bars, and springs/struts would be my first choices. The stock intake is hard to improve on already, but the resonators aren't needed, so the z-tube takes those out and changes the sound of your intake a bit.

But this car isn't easy to mod on a budget. Ebay parts for this car won't hold up for too long...
springs do nothing but prematurely wear the stock shocks. Intakes do nothing for performance on the G. A plenum spacer doesn't do much either. OP your first mod should be sway bars.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
+1
+1

First mod? Your choice between a plenum spacer or sway bars. That's my opinion, at least. Those both yielded me noticeable gains, in their own way, of course.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
i don't know about you guys but my first mod is Tint to 20%...

Old 11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by empyrials
i don't know about you guys but my first mod is Tint to 20%...
thats right yo.. thats exaclty what i did..then i bought V1 with mike's mount..lollllll

Old 11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
springs do nothing but prematurely wear the stock shocks. Intakes do nothing for performance on the G. A plenum spacer doesn't do much either. OP your first mod should be sway bars.
Actually, even if the spacer isn't giving you horsepower, your a/f will be richer, so you should have better response, not to mention that your car will rev up faster.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
New here: what is
z-tube, pop charger and pop plugs?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Actually, even if the spacer isn't giving you horsepower, your a/f will be richer, so you should have better response, not to mention that your car will rev up faster.
i read somewhere that stock ecu on the g35s already tries to run the engine rich at a mid to high rpm with the only purpose for that was to slow down the rev up before redline so the revlimiter can be more easily avoided, so if the spacer makes it run even richer, then i would think that the engine would rev slower not faster, just an FYI for ya

Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by chord42
lol read my sig.
wow looks like you've came a longgg way in just a few months

nice parts you've picked though

Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
get some clear corners and save the money. use it towards the car payments or give it to your parents if they're paying for it. better yet, if they're paying for it, use it on a nice a$$ xmas present for them.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Dmitry
i read somewhere that stock ecu on the g35s already tries to run the engine rich at a mid to high rpm with the only purpose for that was to slow down the rev up before redline so the revlimiter can be more easily avoided, so if the spacer makes it run even richer, then i would think that the engine would rev slower not faster, just an FYI for ya
I guess you read wrong. I test everything after I install it. And I've personally tested the different plenums, and spacers to see which makes more power - all in one day so the temps and all are the same and the numbers stay consistent.

Try it on a dyno. You'll see a difference. I would do it again since I have access to a dyno, but I'm not going to take my car apart, reset my ecu and all to get you a dyno number on this.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I guess you read wrong. I test everything after I install it. And I've personally tested the different plenums, and spacers to see which makes more power - all in one day so the temps and all are the same and the numbers stay consistent.

Try it on a dyno. You'll see a difference. I would do it again since I have access to a dyno, but I'm not going to take my car apart, reset my ecu and all to get you a dyno number on this.
I may have read wrong if ur telling me that if increased ur out put, but can u b more specific on the type of a difference u experienced. Was the hp/trq higher and about how much. Was ur 1/4 mile time faster and how much. Just something for me to know before i commit to the upgrade. thanks

Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dmitry
I may have read wrong if ur telling me that if increased ur out put, but can u b more specific on the type of a difference u experienced. Was the hp/trq higher and about how much. Was ur 1/4 mile time faster and how much. Just something for me to know before i commit to the upgrade. thanks

yeah. i agree!

Old 05-30-2020, 01:21 AM
G35 with dc intake and Ebay special coilovers
Originally Posted by LFg35
bets on how long before 'wrecked my G drag racing' post?
that’s messed up that just happened to me🤣

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cheap performance upgrades