G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Back pain in coupe driver's seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back pain in coupe driver's seat

I got my 5AT leather coupe a week ago and have a pain in my lower left back after driving. Yes, I've adjusted the seat every which way, am maintaining a correct driving posture (not slouching, keeping back straight, etc.), and am not overweight.

My previous rides were a Honda Civic sedan and a CRX and I noticed that the seats for both of them are more S-shaped and firm, supporting your lower back but even though the G seats look super comfortable, there are more C shaped??

I'll try a back pad but I didn't think I'd need one for a luxury car like this.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

thanks

Old 05-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Re: Back pain in coupe driver's seat

Does the 5AT come with the lumbar support? I have a 6MT and mine has the lumbar support. It works well and I have not had any problems with my back.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium
Philadelphia, PA

Old 05-07-2004, 09:38 AM

My 5AT has lumbar support that supports my bad lower back just fine.

Old 05-07-2004, 10:04 AM

I've been wondering if the coupe has been causing my back pain. My chiropractor finally gave up and said he couldn't help me anymore. I only drive it on the weekends and maybe once during the week to work. I'll try and pay closer attention to the flare ups and when I last drove the G.

Old 05-07-2004, 10:32 AM

The 5AT has an identical lumbar support (I test drove the 6MT also but went with the 5AT due to my stop-and-go commute) but seems like it's not as firm and S-shaped as that on the Honda.

Old 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM

I have to agree on a level, I find the coupe driver seat not painful or uncomfortable to sit in but akward. I am six feet tall, which is slightly if at all above average, and I can't stand how high we all sit in the coupe. I feel like I am flying in the seats when compared to other coupes I have owned and driven. Its something I am still trying to get acustomed too. I guess to sum it up, a great seat just mounted too damn high.

Old 05-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

G35Sandiego,

I completely agree. While I don't neccesarily feel like I'm riding high, if I had a major beef its how little room a 6 ft person has head wise. I like sitting more straight up for my back, but even if I tilt the seat back I can feel my hair brushing the top of the car. If I hit a big bump I'm destined for a bruise on my noggin. I wish they could drop the seat even an inch. I don't know how I'm going to get a helmet on when I jump into the AutoX. Wonder what a shop would want to somehow drop the seat or take out 1/2 inch of butt protection?

G352B

3 kids, 1 wife....1 DG/Willow G Coupe.....what more could I need?

Old 05-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm 6 feet tall and the seats are pretty comfortable to me.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:48 PM

5'7. I love the seats. I think they were made for short people. =)

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:58 PM

I've had on and off lower left back pain that started around the same time as when I got the coupe last October. The left lower back pain has pretty much gone away now but if I do something that causes discomfort in my lower back, the seats seem to amplify it a little bit. What I've determined is that when my back hurts, it gets worse when there are forces on the sides of my thighs. The coupe's seats seem to be made for a smaller butt, so my thighs gets pinched a little bit by the side bolsters. I think the seats are fine if you have a healthy back but if your back is bad to begin with, it seem to make it a little worse. It sure doesn't help your back.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 05-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure to remove your wallet. It took me a few times to figure that out.

Old 05-07-2004, 07:54 PM

i'm around 6ft tall, give or take. the seats are fine for me, but liek the other 6 footers, i wish it was a little lower. i usually wear a cap that's tipped up and whenever i lean forward the slightest bit, my hat hits the visor (closed position). probably a big bump would result the same way. but i'm sure like most of you guys, i swerve to avoid even the smallest bumps in the road.
i've had a bad back from working in my dad's deli when i was younger and i lifted heavy items improperly. but sitting in the coupe, i don't have any pains whatsoever. if the seat was just a bit lower it'd be perfect.

[ 2004 G35 coupe ] - | 6MT | Black/Graphite | Premium |

Old 07-28-2005, 09:13 AM
my back pain got so bad i had to take the car back after 13 days, Infiniti hit me up for 8000$ dollars and took no responsability...

This happened 2 days ago, Can someone in Atlanta GA help me with this...

Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I love the seats, I am only 5'10" though. I have minor back problems and I haven't had any pain since I got the car. My last car (WRX) had pretty sweet seats too but they would really hurt my back after a fairly long drive. To me the G35 seats are great.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I feel the same discomfort in the lower back on longer treks, although it tends to subside.

For all of you wishing you had a lower seat, this can be done very easily and is a great mod. Search for it on the site, you will find instructions on how to lower the seat height.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back pain in coupe driver's seat