G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Allow my self to introduce......my self

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow my self to introduce......my self

Whats up my name is Rob. I'm in the market right now to purchase a g35(not to fond of the g37) I am not a noobie to cars. I have right now an mr2 j spec turbo. Im moving to california,car will not pass there inspection laws. looking for something to buy while my mr2 stays in N.Y. Im moving to california for school. Im looking for a car that will get me around. I like the g35 alot but had a few questions. Iv been reading alot of the fourms and found alot of my questions answered but not all of them. If i purchase from a dealer will my warrenty still stand. also im looking at 05-07. has to be white. with black int. 6 m/t. Now my question.
-How is the navi in the car. Or should i just buy one with out navi and go buy a portable one?
-What bolt on mods does the g35 have to bring up power.(no turbo kit)
-does the 05-07 still have the front tire problem (wears out way to fast)
-what are common problems(besides the seat, radio.) I'm talking mechanical. as well as what will be able to be replaced by warrenty? Also whats the warrenty good for(time frame)?
-Whats the widest rims i could put in the car.(average)
-What do people mean by artifical steering at high speeds?
-what are cost on maintaining the car if you know how to work on cars your self. parts wise.(brakes,starter,waterpump, so on.)
-does the 05-07 come with brembo brakes? or is that a package you need to buy?
-What octain to use. and oil brand.
Iv been between the g35 and a 04 m3. both have there up's and down's. The g35 though is wining do to cost of maintaining.

thanks in advance.
-Rob-

Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
wow i can awnser most if not all of those questions with this awnser....

SEARCH

sorry but i had to do it

brembos 03-04
91+ octain
maintianing cost= average
bolt ons dnt give you **** execpt for the mrev2 spacer
oil comp. problem
no white with blk interior on 05-07s
navi is average for stock

Old 09-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
buy a double din kit if you don't find a car w/ navi.. they work better and are touch screen =]. only 03-04 manuals have brembos, 05+ manuals have rev-up engines and 03+ auto's don't have any special features lol

Old 09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by 1crazycpa
Whats up my name is Rob. I'm in the market right now to purchase a g35(not to fond of the g37) I am not a noobie to cars. I have right now an mr2 j spec turbo. Im moving to california,car will not pass there inspection laws. looking for something to buy while my mr2 stays in N.Y. Im moving to california for school. Im looking for a car that will get me around. I like the g35 alot but had a few questions. Iv been reading alot of the fourms and found alot of my questions answered but not all of them. If i purchase from a dealer will my warrenty still stand. also im looking at 05-07. has to be white. with black int. 6 m/t. Now my question.
-How is the navi in the car. Or should i just buy one with out navi and go buy a portable one?
-What bolt on mods does the g35 have to bring up power.(no turbo kit)
-does the 05-07 still have the front tire problem (wears out way to fast)
-what are common problems(besides the seat, radio.) I'm talking mechanical. as well as what will be able to be replaced by warrenty? Also whats the warrenty good for(time frame)?
-Whats the widest rims i could put in the car.(average)
-What do people mean by artifical steering at high speeds?
-what are cost on maintaining the car if you know how to work on cars your self. parts wise.(brakes,starter,waterpump, so on.)
-does the 05-07 come with brembo brakes? or is that a package you need to buy?
-What octain to use. and oil brand.
Iv been between the g35 and a 04 m3. both have there up's and down's. The g35 though is wining do to cost of maintaining.

thanks in advance.
-Rob-
Some answers for you Rob:

Warranty will stand if you purchase the car from a dealer. White exterior cars DO NOT come with a black interior after 2004 (meaning only 2003 and 2004 white G35's come with black interiors).

Stock navi is decent - I always recommend aftermarket GPS since it is very pricey to purchase a new DVD. Personally I find the stock Navi placement cheesy and I dislike how it slides up and down. I would definately go aftermarket GPS - will save you some coin.

Bolt on mods - intake, spacer, MREV. Those are the most basic ones to get an extra umph out of your stock G. 2005 and up models have an improved engine (298 HP).

Tires - I have an 05 6MT and I am yet to notice a tire wear issue - personally I think this is how you drive the vehicle...and most of the people who complain are probably not used to high-performance summer tires (not intended to outlast All Season tires)

Common problems (under warrenty) - Oil consumption (05 and newer), rattles (probably not a big deal), stereo system (Bose), cheap paint (nothing you can do but repaint). Warranty length depends on whether the person bought an extended warranty or not. Infiniti is very good with warranty service (they don't hesitate to fix things under warranty).

Rims - I wouldn't go wider than 10 inch rims (might have to roll the fender)

Artificial steering - Never heard of it. My G handles wonderfully at high speeds.

Maintenance - I take mine to Infiniti for all maintenance - Cost about 500 to 1000 per year.

Brakes - only 2003 and 2004 models come with brembo stock. The 2005 and up brakes are however VERY comparable. I wouldn't buy a 2003 or 2004 for the brakes - pretty much only a cosmetic difference.

Gas - I use 94 octane - you can use 91 too. I always use Mobil1 oil.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=reidr96]
thanks alot that was very helpfull. since white with black interior only comes with 03-04 models then thats what im looking for. the navi is not really a big deal. sound system im not too worried about thats going to get a complete over haul. When i purcahse the car. can i bring it over to infiniti and have them lok over the whole car. I know bmw does it for a fee of about $150.00 bucks witch is great. so no suprises appear 3 months into owning the car. I really only plan on doing sound system, rims and maybe exhaust. but highly unlikly since i like the sound of the oem.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Buy an '04 since the '03 does have more problems. Also, if you are getting an '04, Changing the headlights to the new '06 headlights is a nice upgrade.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=1crazycpa]
Originally Posted by reidr96
thanks alot that was very helpfull. since white with black interior only comes with 03-04 models then thats what im looking for. the navi is not really a big deal. sound system im not too worried about thats going to get a complete over haul. When i purcahse the car. can i bring it over to infiniti and have them lok over the whole car. I know bmw does it for a fee of about $150.00 bucks witch is great. so no suprises appear 3 months into owning the car. I really only plan on doing sound system, rims and maybe exhaust. but highly unlikly since i like the sound of the oem.
No problem, Infiniti will check over your car to make sure everything is in sound working order (for a fee of about 150$). I would seriously recommend buying your G from an Infiniti dealership since private deals can go south (anyone who is selling a G within a few years is more likely to have abused it than someone who is keeping it for an extended period of time).

Good upgrades for an 04: 05 and up console - 03-04 console is old looking
06 projector headlights, MREV, Spacer, cold air intake

Hope this helps,
Reid

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Go with the E46 M3

Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Go with the E46 M3
Sounds like a plan. Alpine white is sick.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
As much as i like the e46 in alpine white with the red int. would look amazing. what i have to take into consideration is cost of maintaining the car.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM
when you come out to CA, you can say goodbye to your 94 octane. 91 is the highest you can get from your corner gas station

Old 09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i thout they sell 93 down in so cal? i know they sell race gas at like 1-2 stations up in norcal, but ive never seen one

Old 09-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1crazycpa
As much as i like the e46 in alpine white with the red int. would look amazing. what i have to take into consideration is cost of maintaining the car.
That plus how much you would spend modding it.

It would never stopp.

Ive owned a BMW I6 and V8, both which are not cheap to maintain.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Well im not really planning on doing anything except rims and system. keep a stock clean look. I already have a highly modded car in N.Y.C. no need for another one. my goal with my mr2 was to keep up with my brothers carrera turbo. now im just looking to have a nice D.D. with class. when i figure out how to post pictures ill post some of my mr2.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
what "inspection laws" are you refering to? If it's just emmisions/smog test, I'm pretty sure some shop can get your MR2 to pass in CA for a small fee

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.