G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

torn: STI vs G35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: torn: STI vs G35C

Subes have always had really good 'ownership satisfaction' ratings, I believe even over M-B. Different class of car, built for different purposes. Difficult decision if you're chosing between the STi and the EVO though.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 01-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the STI if weather conditions are a factor or you like corner. I have driven both, the STI will out handle it, but the G is much nicer!!

If you go with the STI, make sure you are very nice to the tranny for the first 1000 miles, they NEED to be broken in well.

03 - Black - Premium - Wood - Aero w/ Spoiler
Z Tube - Stillen AirBox

Old 01-07-2004, 02:56 PM

crap this thread was almost 10 months old before you responded to it...

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 01-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to consider is service among the other comments. J.D. Powers recently did a survey that I believe was posted here of over all customer satisfaction and quality.
Infiniti was rate I think #5 on the above average service and quality list. Subaru was rate like #6 I think on the below average list. To some people that is not a big deal but to me the part of the quality of the car is the service and warranty it comes with. On the other hand for a Weekend fun car I would definatley think the STI would be nice. Since mine is a daily driver though I'll stick with my G. Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 01-07-2004, 05:02 PM

Plus Subaru has people taking pictures at the drags to void warranty claims

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 01-07-2004, 06:50 PM

Eh. Don't get a Gcoupe cuz I don't wanna see anymore like mine on the road.

Also. Don't get an STI man. Get an Evo 8. If you haven't looked at the Evo 8 compared to the STI then look for articles. Theres about a zillion comparisions between the two. A rough summary of many of those articles is the STI is pure raw power, vs the better handling and finese of the Evo 8. Keep that in mind.

Pick what you want. A heavily pre-modded economy car, or a luxury performance car with class.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:01 PM

Just a few words about the STi and I will say no more..... PINK STi logos everywhere, looks asian and chicky. That is all

Old 01-07-2004, 07:40 PM

__________________________________________________ _
wickedG35 (journeyman)
03/15/03 11:40 PM

I would definately go with the G35c.. the only thing that car has is its power and awd... It looks very ugly IMHO, the hood scoop is huge w/ the ablility to shove someones face in there or something while the wing is oversized with the ability to stick a person in between.

The g35c's got ***** too and looks 100 times better than the STI, it whoops the STI in interior and you know with Infiniti your getting luxury plus great service. A thing to keep in mind, the Sti's got 300hp via forced induction (turbo), we are 280 NA (naturally aspirated / no turbo)

With a few quickies here and there we can knock off a second and be within their range. WE WILL ALSO BE A SLEEPER UNLIKE THE STi.

Say "Infiniti" to yourself, then say "Subaru." I think we have a winner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like someone said, you will get a BIASED reply here and wickedg35's reply is a very good example of that.

my suggestion is go out and test drive em both and then make a decision for urself.

After all, you will be the one who will be driving it, your opinion will matter the most

Old 01-07-2004, 07:49 PM

hmm...two totally different cars.. i think they are both hot in their own way.. do u wanna be a boy racer? or chic magnet?

2003.5 II G35 II Coupe II 6MT II BS II Prem. II

Old 01-07-2004, 09:42 PM

Looks Asian? Arent BOTH the Subies and Infinti's designed, created, sold by, made by, put together by, thought by, shipped by....Asians?

Drove both...cant decide either

RE:
scottkusf (Newbie)
01/07/04 04:01 PM

Just a few words about the STi and I will say no more..... PINK STi logos everywhere, looks asian and chicky. That is all

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by FLPSPD on 01/07/04 06:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-07-2004, 10:06 PM

The STI has great performance... To me it seems the G35 has a nicer balance.

<font color=black> Black/Willow Coupe </font color=black>
Premium Package
18" Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 01-07-2004, 10:38 PM

True, i was just jokin around. But there are pink logos everywhere

Old 01-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a no brainer...bias or not the coupe is just a better car all around then the Subaru...the looks of the G alone are enough to stop any one in their tracks...Oh did I forget to mention it isn't exactly a slug in the performance dept!!!The overall integrity of the G is miles ahead of that car.. forget the kids toys and get into a real safe and fast car and enjoy!!!
drive responsibly and live a long long time...2old4this
04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/prem/sport wheel pkg..

Old 01-08-2004, 01:05 AM

I think that 90% of the people you ask will tell you that the Gcoupe looks will blow away the ricer STI's.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:12 AM

Honestly, STI doesn't look like a 35k+ car, it looks more like in Accord's price range. Exterior styling G35C looks much better, you would get much more compliments than the STI. (I knew this because my friend has one). The interior in STI is crap, my friend admit it himself too that the material of STI sucks. I feel like sitting in a Protege rather than in a 35k+ car. It's really up to you to pick performance or styling and luxurious. But i just don't see it's worth the money on a WRX with faster engine and turbo. By all mean, it is still a Subaru, and G35C is an Infiniti. Not to mention Subaru usually has many problems over years. My friend's STI just got into a crash, and the car that he crash into doesn't has any damage while my friend's car is greatly damage. If you prefer performance over anything, i still think it's better to get some car at lower price range and modified it. As for STI, is nothing more than a modified WRX. My suggestion is, if you want more attention and styling and luxury, get the G35C, if you want performance, get RX8, accord V6, or other lower end car (which looks better than WRX) and use the rest of the money to modified it. For me, STI just doesn't worth the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: torn: STI vs G35C