G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How can anyone drive this crap!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can anyone drive this crap!?!

Sorry, but I just need to vent. I travel a lot for work so I am frequently stuck in rental cars. I am typically not a domestic basher, but I can say with the utmost certainty that Nissan\Infiniti does not have to worry about any one of the big 3 stealing my business. I feel like these cars are tuned for grannies.
For instance, I am in an Impalla right now and I feel like I am in a coffin everytime I drive it. Sure it's smooth and quiet, but I might as well be using a remote control because I can not feel anything with the brakes and steering. And these LA freeways almost make me motion sick with all the floating this car does. And what is with those flat as a board seats? If the road has too much of a crown I can't keep myself from sliding into the passanger's seat.
A car does not have to be fast to be fun (though it does help a bunch) it just needs a little soul. My wife has a 4 cylinder Altima and I enjoy driving it even though it's slow as dirt. Sigh....I miss my G. I can't wait to take the onramp onto I-95 from the airport when I get home.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Rental cars....no fun there!

I know what you're saying, I'd rather rent a Jeep over an Impala. The only
good American car that's fun to drive is a Vet!
Gary

Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here, I'm either stuck in mostly American car....time to time i get a maxima or altima...not the same as a g but will do TEMPORARILY..

Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what you mean. I was stuck in a Cobalt for 2 days last week. The gas moved a good inch before i felt the engine pick up at all, the steering felt like it was completely disconnected from the wheels. I understand the concept of power steering, but this was too easy, if that's possible. This may be a recent development as I drove a '98 Grand-Am before the G and don't remember it being like this at all.

The car had no power at all, but like it was said, thats not the issue. I drive my sister's '00 Eclipse from time to time and its a little 4-cylinder auto and it's still fun.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I completely agree with you. I don't have a G yet, and right now I'm driving around my parents 08 Corolla until I can afford a G (hopefully in a couple years). I had a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee before this, and it felt pretty good, I lost control on an off-ramp when a bolt went through my tire, and I was able to gain control back quickly just from the feel of the car.

With the Corolla, I can't even feel it. I know it's not a sports car or even close, but it still handles decently. However, I can't even tell if I'm hydroplaning besides my eyesight. It's ****ing retarded. When I'm driving on the highway, it feels extremely wobbly, like if I had to avoid something it would most certainly flip. The only time the steering feels real is when I push it hard, but that's probably just the amount of body lean and screech of the tires. I mean, there should at least be a tiny bit of connection with the road. Not to mention when I do floor it, 50% of the time nothing happens. And there is a ridicolous amount of problems (pieces breaking off, rattles, rear windsheild needed to be replaced 3,000 miles after we bought it)

When I test drove the G, it was amazing. It felt like it needed strength, but I now that I think about it, I felt the road. It felt great at highway speeds, not uncertain like the Corolla. It's also very quiet and luxurious compared to it, it's weird how it can be so much quieter but so much more connected to the road. I can't wait to buy it.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
When I test drove the G, it was amazing. It felt like it needed strength, but I now that I think about it, I felt the road. It felt great at highway speeds, not uncertain like the Corolla. It's also very quiet and luxurious compared to it, it's weird how it can be so much quieter but so much more connected to the road. I can't wait to buy it.
Great point because I felt the exact same way. I felt like it drove amazing, but the tires were too loud, and it needed some more power. Not like it was slow by any means, but just was a great platform for a S/C or turbo.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
only good American car is a muscle

Trending Topics

Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 AM
my old company had a corporate account w/ hertz. i was always stuck with a mustang or taurus. man, i absolutely hated both of them. always drove them hard to get a little revenge for being stuck in such a bucket of crp

Old 10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by jutn35
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:51 AM
well I did get to drive my cousin's CTS the other day ... that thing does have some power and the luxury to boot..so I wouldn't disregard all american engineering

but i hear ya on the Impala's suspension

Old 10-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by jutn35
Oops, SSC Ultimate Aero TT

Last edited by Darkstar752; 10-15-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Or the Saleen, the fastest car in the world
Sorry but you're wrong. The current fastest production car is the SSC Ultimate Aero. Followed closely by the Bugatti Veyron and the Koenigsegg CCX. The Saleen is 4th. Nice try though

On topic, I hate American cars too..I don't understand where they're going with the current designs. They're all ugly as ****. I had to rent a Malibu a few years ago and the thing SUCKED! I dreaded every minute in it.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Sorry but you're wrong. The current fastest production car is the SSC Ultimate Aero. Followed closely by the Bugatti Veyron and the Koenigsegg CCX. The Saleen is 4th. Nice try though

On topic, I hate American cars too..I don't understand where they're going with the current designs. They're all ugly as ****. I had to rent a Malibu a few years ago and the thing SUCKED! I dreaded every minute in it.
Oh wow ****, I don't know where I got Saleen from, but the SSC is what I meant. I guess the first S in SSC Aero screwed me up. But anyway the car is still American. And that is a very good car, it wins over the 16 cylinder quad turbo bugatti with an 6.4L twin turbo 8 cylinder engine on 91 octane. That's sweeeeet.

However, I don't like the majority of American cars. Ford's engine ineffiency is astounding. 170hp out of a 3.8L V6? They also can't turn for **** from what I hear. I also don't get why Ford and Lincoln make almost the exact same car? However, the Corvette and Viper are great cars

Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh wow ****, I don't know where I got Saleen from, but the SSC is what I meant. I guess the first S in SSC Aero screwed me up. But anyway the car is still American. And that is a very good car, it wins over the 16 cylinder quad turbo bugatti with an 6.4L twin turbo 8 cylinder engine on 91 octane. That's sweeeeet.

However, I don't like the majority of American cars. Ford's engine ineffiency is astounding. 170hp out of a 3.8L V6? They also can't turn for **** from what I hear. I also don't get why Ford and Lincoln make almost the exact same car? However, the Corvette and Viper are great cars
Haha..no worries. I just don't like it when wrong info is posted. I saw an SSC Aero at a local car show here a few weeks ago, its nice!!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm going to jump on the Impala bashing bandwagon here. I had one as a rental this past summer and 100% agree with all the complaints mentioned. It's no wonder GM is struggling if they trying to turn a profit with crap like that.

Although I will say, I have been a new CTS, so there IS hope but wow!!! It really shouldn't be so "All or nothing" GM, let's spread the tech and love and quality around just a bit.