G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ordering 2004 or 2005 G35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering 2004 or 2005 G35C

Sup guys. I am ready to order the car now. I read some post about waiting for the 2005 model to come out. I really dont care if i have to wait..... I am looking at Ivory Pearl/Graphite

Here is the dilema.
Aero kit really worth the money?? I mean you dont even get the side skirts to match the front lip do you? Perhaps I should wait until I find a good looking lip and spoiler and side skirt but again.. I would have problem with color match and the fact that it could look too "ricey"

Nav or no Nav... I know it's cool to have one.. but after few month, would i regret or not. I love using the NAV on the 2004 Lexus LS430 and the S500 on my parent's car... .. dilema...

Fellow G riders... please give me your opinion. I am going to put a deposit. I know.. it may not mean anything to you guys.. but this is a big step.. I have been searching for a new car for 1.5 years... and after test driving numerous car from price range of 30k to 40k... this is the most resonable...

I live in Buena Park, CA... i contacted Mission Viejo and Costa Mesa (I am staying away from Cerritos Inifitini) I have only contacted them through their Internet sale dept.

Guy.. I can pick up this car after June 22nd. Why?? Because that is when I will be home for good.. cuz Im graduating and moving home.

I dont mind waiting for 05... but again.. the wait period vs possible changes in 05 is killing me...

Looking around 34k w/o NAV and 36k w/ NAV... i think those are pretty good price no?? other options like aero kit...major dilema.... a good pic comparion would be nice..

Sorry for asking so much.. i think i read every thread in this forum... i mean... in the past 4 month.. I was a didicated reader. You guys are great and knowlegable.... Please help me. Thank you in advance.

-kormaster-

Old 05-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Re: Ordering 2004 or 2005 G35C

Please help me. Anyone?

Old 05-22-2004, 02:32 PM

I didn't get my coupe with the Aero Kit because there were things that i had to have, and the Aero kit wasn't really one of them.

With a 6MT option, I never really had a luxury of choosing from many different cars, I literally had to take whatever was out there. Luckly for me tho, I have a friend that works at the Infiniti of Santa Monica(George Loera), and he was able to find me a 6MT coupe with premium and navi. I wanted to get a Navi because I drive alot for my work and I figured I could use some help. but if you don't really need it or don't drive out of your own area too much, I guess you could invest that extra $2000 into the aero kit or something else.

I have tried both Infiniti Tustin and Mission Viejo thru their internet sales dept, but they were not able to find me the exact car I wanted. they all told me that it'd have to be ordered from Japan, in this case would take about 2 months.
my friend George found the car for me in 1 day. I probably think he got lucky a little bit too, but he was able to make the sale to me.

I paid around $37 for the car, which is pretty much the MSRP, but then I wasn't really about to bargain for a car that I really didn't want, so I figured it's a fair price to pay for this car.

George actually had another 6MT coupe, D/G color, Premium, Navigation, Aero and Sat radio equipped car sitting in his dealership showroom for around $38k. I don't know if the car's still there or not, but I doubt someone hasn't already bought that car yet.

anyhow, the dealership also told me that the 05s won't be rolling out until Nov or so, and i guess if you could wait for the 05s to roll out, then why not?

04 Silver coupe/6MT/Premium Package/Navigation/Bose/Splash

Old 05-22-2004, 05:57 PM

It's gonna be a long wait for the '05. As for the nav, it's made me realize how much I truely hate using mapquest when I have to find a new place. If you find yourself needing directions at least twice a month, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Old 05-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to wait for 2005 G35 COUPE
I have to sell my 01/ LEXUS IS300 frist, so no rush
I put my car up for sale sept/04

2005 g35 COUPE comming soon

Old 05-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

definitely get navi. it seems like most coupe owners don't have one. i think it makes the interior even more cheap. if you're going to spend 30k on a car why not spend a little to get a lot?

---------------------------------------------------------
RIP
1994 accord coupe ex
269whp / 281wtq @ 14psi

now....
looking for a 6mt w/ navi

Old 05-22-2004, 09:53 PM

STAY AWAY FROM COSTA MESA INFINITI!! they are horrible.. I went with Tustin and they were great!

It's not the size of your engine.. it's how you use it!

Old 05-23-2004, 07:45 AM

So I called Henry Suh at Metro Infitini. I left a message at around 1:00. He ddint even call me back. It was 4:30 and I finally called back. He answered the phone and he is like.. "umm yeah.. i think I got your message.. how can I help you"
I was thinking to myself "BOB.. YOU have a REALLY REALLY bad people skills!!!" So i explained that I wanted IP/Graphite, premium, and NAV. He said he has IP/graphite, Premium, and Aero coming in early July. I said... so no more NAV coming??? He said.. nope you have to order and it would be expected around late Aug. I asked him when I can order the 05... he said around AUG... so i explained to him that why not just wait for 05 when you guys get a big shipment to the dealer. He said there is no changes in 04 and 05 for sure and there is no point of waiting.

I hated his tone of voice, his attitude and he made me mad. He was asking for $500 refundable deposit... and he said final price is 35660. I asked him if he was willing to negotiate. he said "NOPE, I can sell this car the day it comes in and other people will pay the price that I am asking for. So your $500 really does not put your name on the car"

So I asked him "What does my $500 do for you then.. " He said... nothing... you will not get a better price on it." I told him.. thanks and goodbye.

Guys... He is being honest with me?? I hear you guys getting 1000-1500 off MSRP... i mean.. i decided i wanted a NAV and not AERO.. I dont even want to talk to this stupid asian guy who gives no respect for me because he can sell that car regardless... I HATE CAR SALES MAN.. they think they can hussle me!!!

I am pissed and depressed... I just want my car....I will keep trying. I will try Tustin next.

so far blacked listed dealers for me:
CERRITOS
METRO

I am going to give a request to Costa Mesa and Tustin later. Any specific person I should look for??

So i decided -- > IP/Graphite, premium, NAV 6MT... THAT IS FINAL

$37,290.00 MSRP

Tustin has with no NAV for $35,560.00
hmm I am thinking.. I can wait.. no i cant!! sigh

Old 05-23-2004, 05:54 PM

Would you consider coming to San Diego? I was very happy with Discover Infiniti.

Get want you want and don't settle, one will eventually pop up.

I like the options you've settled on. As far as MSRP, I paid it too. I didn't want to wait for my GS to sell so I took their trade price, was happy with it, but that left little neg. room. Both Hoehn and Discover said no discounts.

I put a deposit down for one that was in bound in about a weeks time, with the fires it was delayed two weeks (Oct 03). On the refund, my sales guy said it is illegal to not give refunds.

Let me know if you want his name.

Good luck.

04 Diamond Graphite/Graphite Lth Prem/Nav/Perf Tire/Aero

Old 05-23-2004, 06:28 PM

Ok.. this is what I have heard and learned from searching about pricing

G Coupe with Navi is much harder to get... Most dealorships are willing to negotiate on non-Navi because they probably have tons at their lots... But with fully-loaded, desire ext/interior color and Navi... It is hard to get 1000~1500 off because like that dealor said, most people are like you who hate waiting... For now, I think few hundred dollars off is a guarantee sales for the Coupe with Navi; if you dont want, there are a line of people waiting behind you.

However, you can always wait until July or August and the price is probably gonna drop when the 05 models are coming in...

Anyway, I recommended Costa Mesa... I paid MSRP but the dealor threw in rear spoiler for me ($482); the sales is named Paul. So far I have had great experience with him, and I will be picking up my Coupe next week around Wed.~Friday (cross my finger)

Also remember, even though your Coupe arrives at the U.S., it can always be held at custom for some stupid reason... Sometimes it takes extra few weeks for the cars to get shipped to the destinated dealorship

Hope this helps =)

Old 05-23-2004, 06:29 PM

Well I just purchased mine (just 2 days ago) and the best way I find out to negotiate is to go to 2 dealers and have them compete for you. You tell one dealer the other dealer is offering this, this, and this, etc. You get the point. Seemed to work out best for me. I got the car 2000+ off MSRP. I kid you not. It was still above invoice but not by much.

Also as far as NAV goes, do you find yourself getting a lot of directions? Going out of town on business? I can see it if you leave out of town a lot in your car but other than that, I don't see any reason in NAV instead its just a cool toy that looks good. I guess thats just me though. As far as the aero kit, thats completely up to the buyer if they like it or not. Me personally though thought the car was pretty low already and all the potholes in the D.C. area, my car was sure to have issues and get slammed pretty easily.

Old 05-23-2004, 07:25 PM

I dont care if I have to drive down to San Diego... That would be a nice drive up if I get the car... sweet!!!

Please PM me his name and info....

Old 05-23-2004, 11:05 PM

It seems as though it is hard to get a good price on a g35 coupe in California. I am from Louisiana, and I just called around the dealers here and texas for my g35. I got 1500 off MSRP on the phone (MSRP 35560 - 34000). Maybe you should try out of state looking for your dream vehicle that meets your criteria and ask the dealer for an estimate for delivery.

Old 05-24-2004, 01:12 AM

That is an option. Sure. But what if gets scratched on the way here.. i would be sad. I have a friend living in Tennesse and he got his 350z when it came out for 300 above invoice. At that time, California had a mark-up on the sticker price. My friend told me there was no hassle and he did all the paper work over the fax and the final signing when he went to go pick it up.

He suggested that I should buy the car at Tennesse and just reg at that state. THat means having a TN license plate for a year and then re-register for CA plate. But just say i save 1500-2000 of MSRP... shipping it over here and time and other factor could equal out.... i hate car shopping... I hate shopping for G35C in California... they think they are selling a Ferrari....

Old 05-24-2004, 03:25 AM

I just bought MY G35 in April from Infiniti of Santa Monica from George also. Great sales Rep by the way. I went to a few infiniti places around LA and you can't get a deal on them. I went to the Dealership on PCH and test drove one they had alot. I went back 4 days later almost all were gone. I also work down on the docks we drive these cars off of ships. There is not one G35 on the docks as of a few weeks ago.

When I was getting my G35 I got everything in it. I wasent intrested in the rear spoiler and George went to his manager and the deal was almost off because the Dealer didnt even want to take the 500 bucks off for the spoiler I didn't want. As I was negotiating for the one I have now Someone else came in and wanted the same one. These G35s are in such demand in the LA area right now you might get money off on some options like the spoiler I didnt want but thats about it. I paid 38k fully Loaded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering 2004 or 2005 G35C