G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Column Shifter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Column Shifter?

Found this on My 350Z.com forum site..Sorry if this has been posted. Anyone has this on their car?? If so, how is it? Do they sit that low? I was expecting it to be higher or unless they just have it like that as shown because it said it was adjustable. I'm thinking of getting this since I really like how the shift paddles are in my brother's G37S.

Original thread: http://my350z.com/forum/body-interio...cessary-6.html

PLEASE REFER TO THE FAQ SHOWN BELOW

PREORDERING FINISHED (CS631) KIT FOR 350Z / G35:

CURRENT PRICE (Free Shipping in USA to preorders)

$410 shipped within lower 48 states USA
$430 local pickup Socal
$440 shipped within California (8.25% sales tax)

For those who are not within these areas, please PM me with your postal code so I can calculate shipping

You can order via confirmed paypal (zilvia@aspecproducts.com) or via CC over the phone.

We are open M-F 10-6 PST and my direct line is (626) 618-1100 x 113

Please PM me or email me at logan@aspecproducts.com with any questions

Works Bell Column Shifter CS631 FAQ:

1. Is this a bolt on application?

The kit requires drilling of (8) small holes into the lower column cover, which is hidden after installation, and also hidden even with kit uninstalled (if you choose to remove it later). There is a template included in the kit to exactly show you the position needed for drilling. No chopping of harnesses, the only "wiring" you need to do is wiring a ignition power + ground (with include electro taps).

2. Does this kit retain airbag function, horn, blinker cancel, and steering wheel controls?

YES. Completely retains everything that your OEM steering wheel has and does. In fact, when you install the kit, you DON'T NEED to remove the steering wheel at all.

3. Do the paddles move with the steering wheel?

No. The paddles are stationary to the column, and do not move when the wheel is turned.

4. Are the paddles adjustable to my preference?

Yes. They can be adjusted both in tilt/angle as well as inward/outward position. The paddle location remains in the same place as shown in pictures, but allows for adjustment as stated above. The paddles are in that position because it would hit the turn stalks otherwise.

5. What are the paddles made out of, and is carbon fiber the only material sold with this kit?

Yes. The paddles consist of real carbon fiber exterior with an aluminum skeleton. The reason we could not make the entire paddle from CF was because the aluminum was required to keep it rigid enough for usage.

6. Does this make my shifting faster / slower?

No. This is a "piggyback" type system, which utlitizes the sport shift OEM Mode from your Nissan or Infiniti. It does not affect or modify the transmission, it is a system that piggybacks onto the OEM controls.

7. Does it make shifting more aggressive?

No. Again, for the same reasons as shown in #6, it utlitizes OEM functions and does not change any physical characteristics of the transmission.

8. How can I order this kit?

You can order though any authorized Works Bell distributor, or through the methods listed in this thread. Any questions or concerns can be directed to A Spec Products, who is also Works Bell USA at 626-618-1100.

9. Does it work for both the 350Z as well as the G35?

Correct, this kit works for both applications, although installation is slightly different between cars (due to interior panels). For installation questions please call or email A Spec directly.

10. How hard is the installation of the kit?

Since difficulty is very relative to the person, it is hard to accurately state how easy/difficult installation of the kit is. It comes with everything required to install the kit (besides the tools), and instructions as well as technical support is provided. If you are not mechanically inclined, we would suggest seeking professional installation of the kit. The are dangers involved with any work on automobiles, and proper precautions should be taken to reduce injuries or damage that may occur.

11. Do these come in any other colors?

At this moment no. Only carbon paddles are available with this kit. As I mentioned to some other members, you might also choose to have the paddles painted to match any interior theme you are trying to achieve.