G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

BAD Jerking motion in my G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully, someone can give me some insight.

I got my G for half a year now. For the first 4 months it was running smooth. However, since last two month, the car suddently jerks while I am driving in a straight line on a very flat road at a constant speed ~60km/h / 1800rpm. My car is a 5 speed manual. The car shutters as if one driving a stick and let go of the clutch too soon. I can feel the problem is from the rear wheel or the transmission. No noticible noise can be hear. I check with my dealer twice, but they can do a thing about it since the problem occurs once in a while, intermittent. They couldn't recreat the problem when test drive. I asked them to check my TSC version, and mine is TRANS: 31016 - AC111.
ENGINE: 23710 - AM608

My G is a 04', and I checked the manufacturing date is Oct/03. I heard that the updated TSC version is 31016-AL016. So is my AC111 is older than AL016?

Kindly Thanks,
ILuvMyG35
PearlG/Graphite

04' G35C/Ivory Pearl/Graphite/Aero/Performance/sat radio/5AT/

Old 06-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: BAD Jerking motion in my G

5 speed manual? You mean 5 speed auto right? Do you have any mods on your car? Might have a bad tranny if you say you can feel it coming from there. Your tranny might be slipping already. Did they even hook it up on their diagnostic machine? Might be a bad shift selionoid?

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 06-09-2004, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glenn I think he means 5AT. It says so on his profile thingy.

Inside my shell, I wait and bleed

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-09-2004, 04:17 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<hr></blockquote>

Must....resist...temptation for bad joke....

Old 06-09-2004, 12:00 PM

go ahead and dogg it out and finish whatever samge is there before the warranty is out. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 06-09-2004, 02:01 PM

lol @ ^

It sounds like you may have more of a problem than this, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway:

My wife drives an '03 Honda minivan (5AT). Right after purchase I noticed this surging... ...much more subtle than what you describe, but nonetheless... ...it occurred while driving at a constant speed. Essentially, I'd tend to set my foot at the desired speed and when the van hit that speed it would then cut power to keep from exceding it. The van would immediately drop below the constant pedal position and then resume power (acceleration). If you didn't adjust your foot then you'd get this rubberband effect that made you feel like the thing might stall on you. Small pedal adjustments (avoiding exactly constant speeds for the most part) eliminates the chance that you'll encounter it again.

Again, It was more subtle than what you seem to be describing, but it couldn't hurt to mention it. In your case, another problem may be increasing the effect of what I described.

'05 IP(or ?) 6MT... ...Never too soon to think about modifications!!

Old 06-09-2004, 02:43 PM

LMAO! She loves it! After vowing to NEVER own a minivan as a young man, my older/practical side actually loves it too now.

The Gcoupe is too small for her anyway. I'm the sports car nut of the two... ...and the only source of income [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img]... ...so she's content with the reasonably new van. If it's not too much of me, I must say that it is ~straight pimpin'~. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'05 IP(or ?) 6MT... ...Never too soon to think about modifications!!

Old 06-09-2004, 05:56 PM
G SQUAD

yea I got that problem too. When travelling at a constant speed, once in a while I feel the car do that same jerk thing where it feels like its gonna cut off for a like a split second. This occurs once in a while and not often. It feels like a power surge. Any advice?

Old 06-09-2004, 08:03 PM

Haha.. Mani, I know what you are thinking..

Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 PM

Hey Glennp, thanks for your reply. Yup.. sorry, typo.. I mean 5 speed auto..

Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Thanks BigRon,

It seems look the problem with your wife's minivan is more subtle. My 5AT G35C does this jerking motion only once in a while. My situation is more like VinNYCG described as with his car. While driving at a constant speed the whole tranny stop for a split second, so I get this shutter, feels like applying brakes to the rear wheels but not the front wheels.[img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img] I think it's might be a factory defect since I am not the only one. [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

ILuvMyG35

Old 06-09-2004, 08:23 PM

Vin, may I ask when did you purchase your G35C 5AT? I got mine in Nov 2003. The manufacturing date on sticker at the driver door frame is 10/03.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:11 AM
G SQUAD

Hey sorry for the delay with the reply. I picked my coupe up in August of 2003. It may be a factory defect, but then again how many people are having trouble with the automatic transmissions? I mean I dont know sometimes I feel like my tranny shifts different. Sometimes the car is just go go go and then sometimes you really feel it getting out of first and second gears. Once out of these two gears it flys. I've read that others have had aggressive shifting from their auto coupes so I mean I guess its normal. But then again is it supposed to be that aggressive? I mean its no where near a smooth shift. I dunno hopefully we solve the mystery...

Old 06-11-2004, 11:07 AM

Yeh I got that too. I'm going to ask the techs what the problem is.

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD Jerking motion in my G