G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the heads up, yourdoinitwrong.. it seemed like a good deal so i just wanted to see what others thought and if anyone's tried it..

Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
1. and probably isn't going to look as good as a pro detailer with a rotary.

If the car isn't in HORRIFIC condition, a PC or a UDM will to just as good of a job as a rotary will in terms of looks. Granted a rotary works a little faster with corrections, but if the detailer knows what they are doing, you won't be able to tell a difference in the way the car looks if it's done with a rotary over a pc.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by blown420
thanks for the heads up, yourdoinitwrong.. it seemed like a good deal so i just wanted to see what others thought and if anyone's tried it..
No problem, I just don't want to see someone spend their money and then be upset because a few weeks later their car looks the same as before. It looks like you are in CA so there are probably a lot of detail shops out there. Here in the corn state their aren't too many but when I needed one I picked out a few that had been rated highly on some local business ranking sites and then dropped by and asked to see their work. I didn't want to see the pictures on their website or brochure, I wanted to see what they were working on at the moment so I could make my own decision. I'm glad I did too because one of the shop's work was nowhere near as good in person. The place I ended up with (Jimmy Buff-It's) was great and they showed me everything they were going to do, the chemicals they were using, and explained why they were doing each step. Doing the extra little bit of research will make you happier in the long run and ensures that you get what you are paying for.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
anyone know of any good detailers in the san jose, ca area? ive posted this in the detailing section with no replies..

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
yep after doing some work the dealer "cleaned" my car and put huge swirls into my brand new spoiler with their obvious ****ty towels. i wiill never let them touch it agian regardless of how dirty bc i only use microfiber plus the spoiler was new so i know they are the ones who damaged it. it goes hand in hadn withthe other swirls ont he body that the dealership i bought it form used put in it.

i am looking into how i can get rid of the sworls as they showbad on a sunny day when its clean ( ihave OB)

-fu<k stealerships altogether

Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
If the car isn't in HORRIFIC condition, a PC or a UDM will to just as good of a job as a rotary will in terms of looks. Granted a rotary works a little faster with corrections, but if the detailer knows what they are doing, you won't be able to tell a difference in the way the car looks if it's done with a rotary over a pc.
Sorry to contradict you, but a rotary will give better results as the increased amount of heat is more dangerous, but also allows the polishes to break down properly. Basically, the last couple passes with finishing polishes that are jeweling the paint with a rotary will leave the paint flatter than a DA polisher would, on a microscopic level.

Of course, the average customer will not be able to see it, a high-level detailer would though. I'd say you can get to 90% with a DA, and 95% with a rotary. 100% is wetsand then rotary haha.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Give this place a try.

http://www.ajautodetailing.com/

They're in San Jose off Coleman Ave. down the street from the airport. They do an awesome job although a bit expensive. The other day, I saw a new GTR there waiting to get detailed. The people there (at least the ones I've met) were pretty passionate about their work.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 AM
thanks overdrve,

i might check them out.. seems expensive..