G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2004 | 02:52 AM
Re: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?

ok heres the real deal. I think that the IS yeah its a nice car and all, and it drives pretty well, but seriously guys we are comparing apples and oranges. The IS is a freakin old ladies, old persons car, its nothing short of a joke for personal appearance. If i saw it twice from the front i would mistake it for a civic. And the back of it, ohh please, other than the interior of the car thats all thats nice. Our car has not only a sporty look to it but it has class, and obviously the driver who bought the car has class just for choosin the car. Our car is compared to hgih end mercades, bmw's and other sports cars while the IS is compared to heck it should be compared to oldsmobiles, crystlers ect. I think our car gets a lot better looking girls and everything, unless your outside of a nursing home with an IS then i dont think you should buy the car. The G on the other hand, you go to a mall or something or pick a girl up and her first impression is, is that really yours. She is in shock.
I could only rememeber 2 weeks after i got my black coupe, it was all polished and I had just gotten a car wash. I picked up my girlfriend, and she was like, shut up is that yours or is it your dads. When i told her it was mine she was amazed, her first questions was "could I drive it" My answer of course was are you sick, i dont even let my own brother drive it. Well simply hot girls dig G's, i mean seriously G35 = girls love it even past 35. The IS on the other hand is really only for grandpas, so unless your freakin Bradd Pitt in an IS dont plan on turning any heads.

ok heres the real deal. I think that the IS yeah its a nice car and all, and it drives pretty well, but seriously guys we are comparing apples and oranges. The IS is a freakin old ladies, old persons car, its nothing short of a joke for personal appearance. If i saw it twice from the front i would mistake it for a civic. And the back of it, ohh please, other than the interior of the car thats all thats nice. Our car has not only a sporty look to it but it has class, and obviously the driver who bought the car has class just for choosin the car. Our car is compared to hgih end mercades, bmw's and other sports cars while the IS is compared to heck it should be compared to oldsmobiles, crystlers ect. I think our car gets a lot better looking girls and everything, unless your outside of a nursing home with an IS then i dont think you should buy the car. The G on the other hand, you go to a mall or something or pick a girl up and her first impression is, is that really yours. She is in shock.
I could only rememeber 2 weeks after i got my black coupe, it was all polished and I had just gotten a car wash. I picked up my girlfriend, and she was like, shut up is that yours or is it your dads. When i told her it was mine she was amazed, her first questions was "could I drive it" My answer of course was are you sick, i dont even let my own brother drive it. Well simply hot girls dig G's, i mean seriously G35 = girls love it even past 35. The IS on the other hand is really only for grandpas, so unless your freakin Bradd Pitt in an IS dont plan on turning any heads.

Old 06-15-2004 | 04:47 AM

come on GLykos, the IS is not a old persons car, it's a kids car. The interior, and tail lights are made to appeal to a younger market. That's why Lexus brought the car in instead of Toyota, to broaden it's market share with the younger genration. Before that only, old retired people bought the ES and LS models, the IS injected some youth into Lexus. True the GS and SC models are sexy, but what 20-30 year old can afford a 50+k car.

I think that the profile of the IS is the best out there for a sedan, it's lines are so sexy, but the back is played out already. I agree with you that the G35c is more sporty and classy, but I see more older people (like me) drivin' it around then IS's. From what I've noticed, the IS appeals more to a younger croud and the G35 to an older demographic. [censored], even my mom likes my G35c better then my IS300, that should tell you something.

Old 06-15-2004 | 11:06 AM
EZZ

I haven't met one person who like my roommate's car more than mine (he has an IS). He even likes my car more than his! His regrets not just waiting a year and getting the G. I've driven both and the IS has strengths over the G but overall, the G is a better driver's car.

Old 06-15-2004 | 02:46 PM

I agree that the IS is tailored more for the younger crowd. Usually you don't see Dads driving around in the IS. It's just people in their 20's. On the other hand, the G is more tailored to a wider demographic (i.e. from the teenagers to the family man). It's classier design combined with stellar performance at an affordable price appeals to a large crowd. Plus the SKYLINE name doesn't hurt either. =)

G35C 6M BS/G - Z Tube/Popcharger/AL Pedals/Clear Corners/Skyline 350GT badging
Revved to 6k, looking for 7th gear!

Old 06-15-2004 | 03:52 PM

I had no idea people care so much about what others think to spend 30,000+ because of it. Why everyone on these boards is circle jerking it arguing over nothing some rice kid is driving away with the broads.... How ugly do you have to be to need a car to get girls anyway?

Old 06-15-2004 | 04:46 PM

Me being a youngin' (17) and driving a few cars including an IS300, I feel I should chime in, since so many girls around mah age are tru gold diggers. Our cars get more attention from the girls, bottom line. Our cars are driven generally by an older crowd, which helps this....heres why......
When a girl sees you rollin' up in an SClass, 7 series, Lexus GS etc. they are like damn nice car. Reason being, is because not many young guys have those kinda cars, so when they see one, they think bling bling. When they see a buncha young guys drivin' a car (is300) it def loses its appeal to the ladies since there is a good chance another guy they know has the same car. Girls like young guys who can afford shyt that generally only older guys can. This is another reason why most girls ask if my whip was like 50k, because they only see wealthy lookin older guys whippin it around. My sis has a 2001 IS300 (back when no other cars had the friggin altezzas on it) and initially when I drove it around (uhmm I didn't quite have my lic, but thats okay ) I got alotta looks, but as more and more popped up, that soon changed. Today, when I drive my dads 745, chicks draws drop, even my moms RX330!, since they relate that as being an older wealthy person's car. Now add that fact to if you have a coupe hooked up and your gaaaame has gone thru the roof! Its a nice feeling wen were goin out partyin and all my boys insist on taking my car, or when a girl is checkin you out and smilin at you when she sees your gf in the passenger seat! Keep the pimp hand strong

Old 06-15-2004 | 05:18 PM

what the hell did he just say

Old 06-15-2004 | 05:20 PM

read b!tch!

Old 06-15-2004 | 05:51 PM

"VQ engine is watered down "
No knowledge about cars at all.. Do they not realize that the VQ engine has been one of the top 10 engines in the world for the past 10 years?

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 06-15-2004 | 05:52 PM
EZZ

Its that young-person pimp language. Have trouble myself being an old-fart (29!)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chick appeal lexus is300vs infinite g35?