G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Helloooo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helloooo

Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself. Not sure if this is the proper forum but here I am anyhow.

I just bought this 04 G35 today. It has 45k miles, auto, air, pwr everything. Bose stereo, GPS, Desert Platinum color.

Paid 16,700 for it. It was probably too high to pay but we've bought from this Lexus dealership before and know the staff there.

Its my commuter car now. I prefer a clutch but the wife will drive it sometimes, (She has her own RX300), so I went automatic. I know the G35 isn't a gas miser but its going to have to do. It get better MPG than my Ram 4x4......I hope, haha.

We'll is there anything I should look for, or and advise?

I hope to exchange posts on here for quite a while....BTW, I love the way this car drives and hangles so far. Its pretty impressive.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some people have had issues with oil consumption, but there is a huge thread about that. other than that there, i havent heard of anything serious. have fun with your car

Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey thanks....btw, I know these cars are not known for excellent MPG but are there tips to improve MPG as mine is a commuter? I mean other than not driving fast, haha. I have a A/T.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum
The 04's had a couple of issues.....
They had a 3yr 36,000 mile warranty on the Automatic Transmission Brakes...They tend to wear very quickly. They implemented the warranty in late 03 I believe. This is one area that was a costly problem.
I would suggest going aftermarket brake pads/rotors when they need replacement....Or you will be doing brake jobs every 15,000-20,000 miles with the OEM's.

There was no oil consumption problem with our year. That started with the development of the Rev-up motors on the 6MTs in 06.
The window motors are another weak spot. the auto up down feature tends to fail, and the window(s) will go up and then return half way down......This was another item that the dealers fixed pretty regularly.
Other than the tempermental CD player, and occassional speaker cut out, the car is pretty much a fun car to own.
It does have its squeeks and rattles, depending on the climate/temp area you may live in.
The Popping sound from the sunroof is another common ailment on the cars as well.....
The problems are not with every car, and like any other vehicle, each has its own set of issues....
As far as gas mileage, the best I could do on mine was a little under 25mpg. That was mostly highway driving at speeds of 65-70.
Mixed driving will be lower....any where from 17-19 mpg.
Good luck and enjoy the car.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks GR8T. Any particular aftermarket brake recommendations? I didn't really care about the onboard Nav as I have my own Garmin that kicks butt, however it came with it.

The stereo seems ok however I am a Sirius subscriber and while this is Sat. capable I don't think it has the Sat amp, so I'd either have to buy that set up or go with the FM modulator set up. Not to mention I don't know if it has the Sat antenna either.

So far it seems like a fun car to drive and while its dual purpose I hope to keep it for a few years before I trade again. If it kills me on MPG I may have to do it sooner than later.