G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Brakes again.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes again.

Hey all, once again I did a search and found tons of good info on brakes. The brake issues I have are they seem to be touchy. They also, on occasion, squeal at low slow speeds. Also when I was in between some buildings trying to isolate the sounds better, I would get a click, in both fwd and reverse, after I stopped and then started to go in either direction. Just an initial click.

The brakes seemed to only squeal from the back, as best as I could hear. I thought it was mainly a front brake issue?

I just bought the car from a dealership last month, so it has just passed a tough Maryland state inspeciton. That said the pad wear seems to be ok.

I am wondering, if to make brakes less touchy and to get rid of the squeal, should I change fwd and aft brake pads, or change rotors as well?

Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
what kind of pads are you running now?

get some Project Mu B-Force pads and that should solve your issues. if you can find some Endless Vita Nuova pads that would be even better, but I don't think they are manufactured any more. both of these pads will provide excellent stopping power from cold start for a daily driver, give off very little to no dust and I have never heard them squeal or squeek in my experience with them. good luck.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Brake issues....!

Never rely on anyone that works for the state, yours or mine! Locate a
quality brake/alignment shop in your area and ask them to check out your
brakes. Clicking might be the pads installed without the shims, I can't tell
from here. Next time you get new pads (like HAWK HP) there's a brake in
procedure that will keep you from having the squeaks you're referring to.
This procedure can be found by doing a search under brakes....have
them looked at, Safe is just Smart!
Gary

Old 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
DRG, not sure what kind of pads are on there now, probably factory? They appear to be blue in color.

Gary, thanks for your concern but the ispectors do not work for the state. We can take our car to any shop that does state inspections. The guys are certified to perform state inspection, however that is just part of what they do. They don't get paid by the state or anything. Our inspections are done only once, when you buy the car. There is no yearly inspection like in other states. I do know the initial inspection is supposedly a pretty tough one to pass. I've had plenty of older beater cars in the past that fail for various reasons.

Of course pre-used cars bought at dealerships are inspected by their own state certificed inspectors. What I was saying is that the pads should be in good shape, although I have not taken the tires of to inspect them.

I was looking at the Hawk pads...would changing the rotors, if they are not worn, over kill at this point? I read on some of the searches on here that some guys just remove the brakes and apply that grease to the shims or backing plate of the pads. Have heard good stuff about Project Mu B-Force pads as well.

Last edited by jetdoc; 02-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Anyone here of Napa's Adaptive one brake pads? I think they are metallic, thus that would not be good for lowering of squeals?