G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WORST WAY TO END A FRIDAY NIGHT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WORST WAY TO END A FRIDAY NIGHT

-fish,

I'll show you one heck of a good time for less than a grand (let's keep it clean guys). Last night at Hooters was only $200-ish and the 6 of us had a blast! You could have joined us and bought me a Fujitsubo exhaust to boot. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

301-bhp!!! ...and growing!

Old 06-19-2004, 01:23 PM

Ok I hate to break this to you but your gonna have to pay that insurance ticket. Unless you got SERIOSULY lucky and he wrote you up for Uninsured driving, your gonna have to pay it:

Reasons...

Uninsured driver ticket: You have NO insurance, at all, no coverage. If he wrote you this you can show your policy card and get out of the ticket.

Driving w/o Proof of Insurance: (What you 99.9% got) This is for EXACTLY what you just did. Your gonna go in, the Judge is gonna say Did you have insurance at the time? You: Yes. Judge: Was your insurance information in the car with you at the time of being pulled over. You: No (don't lie in court, theyll pin you to a wall for trying to bs your way out of a $40 ticket) At this point, the judge says Oh so why did you say Not guilty? You pay the fine and be on your way.

Do this the easy way....Pay the fine, you shouldnt have a court appearance required unless you got Uninsured driver, which you can fight because you obviously were insured (thats the ticket cops use to give you a break when they KNOW you have insurance, but they dont wanna be dick heads.)

I've paid 3 of these tickets in the past 4 years so trust me, when I say theres no way out, this and the 4 years of going to school for criminal justice helped out quite a bit.

Tint: DO NOT FOR ANY REASON GO TO COURT WITH ILLEGAL TINT ON YOUR CAR

reasons:
1) If the judge is nice, a razor blade willb e used to remove your tint in the court parking lot (Yes, they can do that)
2) They seize your car, impound it, make you pay tog et it back, then give you another court appearance ticket for tint for about 1 month down the line, and if you come back with tint, heh, welcome to the world of $200 tint tickets. Oh yeah, and by taking that ticket, you admit that you WILL return with no tint, and if you get caught again, thats called blatently lieing to a judge, and I doubt you want to get hit with warrant for tint.

Im 20 years old, I have a stack of Tint/no front plate tickets as thick as the back tires on my G35. The G is my first "legally equiped" vehicle as far as tint goes so I'm loving not getting pulled over. Sometimes, you gotta just conform...or do what I did, pay over $2000 in tickets for bullshit in 1 year.

As for your exhaust, the cop was being a dick but it is a rule. I ran dumps (exhaust cutouts) on my s-10 and got caught with em open once...the cop came up, comment on how "quiet at idle" my truck was when i just went screaming by him a second ago. Needless to say, he didnt find out why, but he wanted to write me a ticket for my exhaust like something fierce.

Another user said this once, Its all a game, it just depends on how bad you wanna play it. Me, I prefer my 100% legal coupe...keeps me outta trouble and keeps money in my back pocket, unfortuantly, your 17....it will happen, alot, especially in a G35. Just remember, you look like your in your dads car (no offense) and cops eat that up like you couldnt believe.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black
Come join the G35Driver chat on EFnet. Channel name is #G35Driver. Catch me on aim (Xtreme03s10) if you need help setting up mIRC.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:32 PM

Holy cow, what country do we live in??? Sounds like they're gonna start whipping us soon for illegal tint!!! : )

Old 06-19-2004, 01:41 PM

Well, I woke up this morning and went directly to my mom, because my dad had left for work. I told her the story just as it was with no lies. She really respected that I told the truth especially at my age, and that I didnt blow it out of proportion, trying to get out of it. She told me that state troops are like that and they try doing anything they can to get people for doing things. She told me simply not to worry about it because it said like uninsured driver or something. Ands hes like I know you have insurance because you had it on my desk, ready to put in today as I had told her the night before. So she was actually really cool about it, she was like take a picture of the exhaust and get a note from a mechanic who is certified that your car is stock. Then just go to court with you insurance and they cant do anything about it. And for the tints, my moms like dont worry about it hunny, its only 35% and you can see perfecly fine through those tints in any time of the day, unless your in a pitch black area. She was actually really cool about it and I think my dad will be cool about it too. Hence that he had a 67' challenger at 420 horses as a 17 year old as well, and im sure hes got stories of his own. Well, this kinda sucks because I got really scared last night and didnt knwo what to say. I was freakin trembling while he was in his car, and everyone couldnt believe it. This guy was following me for exactly 3 miles on my a$$, he was trying to get me for anything he could. But there was no reason for pulling me over because I had spoted him from before. I asked him if I was speeding and I was going 2 mph below the speed limit. So, overall last night really was horrible and it totally ruined the good times. But im happy at least my parents were cool with it, and I think it will be thrown out. Also, what if I go to court with a friend of mine, and say my car is at home. Then they cant see my car because my friend drove me to court, haha. I really appreciate all this guys it really helped out!

Well, I woke up this morning and went directly to my mom, because my dad had left for work. I told her the story just as it was with no lies. She really respected that I told the truth especially at my age, and that I didnt blow it out of proportion, trying to get out of it. She told me that state troops are like that and they try doing anything they can to get people for doing things. She told me simply not to worry about it because it said like uninsured driver or something. Ands hes like I know you have insurance because you had it on my desk, ready to put in today as I had told her the night before. So she was actually really cool about it, she was like take a picture of the exhaust and get a note from a mechanic who is certified that your car is stock. Then just go to court with you insurance and they cant do anything about it. And for the tints, my moms like dont worry about it hunny, its only 35% and you can see perfecly fine through those tints in any time of the day, unless your in a pitch black area. She was actually really cool about it and I think my dad will be cool about it too. Hence that he had a 67' challenger at 420 horses as a 17 year old as well, and im sure hes got stories of his own. Well, this kinda sucks because I got really scared last night and didnt knwo what to say. I was freakin trembling while he was in his car, and everyone couldnt believe it. This guy was following me for exactly 3 miles on my a$$, he was trying to get me for anything he could. But there was no reason for pulling me over because I had spoted him from before. I asked him if I was speeding and I was going 2 mph below the speed limit. So, overall last night really was horrible and it totally ruined the good times. But im happy at least my parents were cool with it, and I think it will be thrown out. Also, what if I go to court with a friend of mine, and say my car is at home. Then they cant see my car because my friend drove me to court, haha. I really appreciate all this guys it really helped out!

Old 06-19-2004, 02:36 PM

Fight that [censored]! 1st of all, he needs areason for pulling you over. What was his reason? You were not speeding! He cant tellu dont have proof of insurance. I guess he will say its ur exhaust and tint.... you can fight that easy. Cause you dont even have an exhaust. Just point out that fact in court.... should be enough to make the cop look like an idiot. Looks like you were being profiled. Take a pic in braod day light of your tint as well, bring it to court. Show the judge how dark or undark it is.

Bronze Volks CE28N 19",Gialla Grill,OEM Wing/Front Lip,Exhaust,Intake,Clear Bra,Race Pedals,Momo ****,Eibach Sway Bars & Springs,Custom Leather Interior

Old 06-19-2004, 10:56 PM

I get comped at Hooters Neff (jealous yet?). Ole lady worked there for 5 years, but of couse I'm expected to tip more than the bill would have been anyway. She has the orange AND black uniform still . Of course, nothing tops the Florida girls (now I'm jealous the more I think about it).

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

EX250 is right. Not sure what the big deal is. None of these infrations are moving violations, thus no points regardless. Like EX said, you WERE driving with no insurance card. Thats a no-no. This is why I always keep a copy in the car, as well as in my wallet. Hell, you should also make a photo-copy and keep it in the car as a back-up, along with your license. Not sure about the laws there, but here in Florida, a copy of you license (and I'm sure insurance as well) is a form of LEGAL proof.

The other 2 infractions are just stupid. I got pulled over for illegal tint in my sister's car years ago, but luckily they were so close to legal, that he just warned me.

Worst part about is, you have to take time off and go to court. Sucks I know!!

Old 06-21-2004, 10:13 AM

He just got the ticket for no proof of insurance... just warnings on the tint and 'exhaust'. There's no need to fight a warning, unless a warning in IL is different from one in GA and requires you to pay something :-).

A no proof of insurance ticket was valid. If you don't have it on you, that's what it is for. It's meant for your protection - if you were in an accident and the other person didn't have proof of insurance, but 'had it at home' - how would you feel about trusting someone to really have it? I got hit by a lady back in 1997 who swore she had insurance but just didn't have it with her. Needless to say, she didn't have current insruance and I had to pay under my insurance's Uninsured Motorist (glad I had that for a change). I was lucky enough to have contacted the police during the accident or I would have been up the creek.

It's a sucker charge and an honest mistake, but it's the law as well.

!!Jonason!!

Old 06-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech

In GA/FL and I think the Carolina's it is unconstitutional to give tickets for tint anymore. If cop cars are allowed limo tint (basically black paint on the windows), there is no reason normal people aren't.

I really think this will eventually become a law throughout the US, it is so ridiculous to have tint limits and tickets for it.

Last time I got an insurance card ticket (lost the card), once I got a new card it was like a $5 fine or something silly. This all being in Florida.

Glad to hear you were straight with your mom, your parents are your best friends at times like these; take it from a 22 year old with 3 accidents and a couple minor tickets under his belt. I've been pulled over more times than you can count on your fingers and toes (and probably your 2 best friends fingers/toes) because of my other car. Young people in nice/modified cars are easy targets because a lot of them aren't doing it "by the books."

jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WORST WAY TO END A FRIDAY NIGHT