G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/273551-official-what-mods-should-i-buy-my-coupe-thread.html)

Frankieg35 01-24-2014 08:42 PM

Depends on what sides u want.. I've seen nismo front and sides with chargespeed rear..I dont like it but other guys do.. Up to u.. Need to run a splitter on the front though..

OceanDriveDrizz 01-24-2014 09:22 PM

Funny you say that cuz I've been debating a splitter lol. I'll check out the IP picture thread and see if I can get some ideas on sides. Thanks for your input!!

Frankieg35 01-24-2014 09:27 PM

Look up Tian, he ran that setup..

rukiknit 01-26-2014 09:27 PM

What's left to do...

So here's what I've done so far to my '03 DG Coupe...
- Tein S Techs
- SPC camber kit
- Stillen Z Tube
- Megan Test Pipes
- Custom exhaust setup
- Intake

What would you do next (short of turbo/sc)? Tune...plenum...headers...wheel spacers...etc? All opinions welcome...just looking for ideas/pics.

Ogee 01-26-2014 09:46 PM

Well you don't seem to have many visual mods, so how about sprucing up your exterior? May i suggest:
https://g35driver.com/forums/20-inch...ggressive.html
- swap the springs for some legit coilovers
- Karuma Z front bumper
-Impul sides
-JDM tail lights
-Chargespeed rear bumper

There is a ton of potential for your car left. I gave you some of the basic cookie cutter pieces that i would go with. Some people will say that this setup is overplayed, but people have it because it looks the best IMO. Polishing your engine bay will always bring a smile to your face when you pop your hood too...

Frankieg35 01-26-2014 10:09 PM

U trying to break this guys bank account.. lol

Xet 01-26-2014 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ogee (Post 6866294)
Well you don't seem to have many visual mods, so how about sprucing up your exterior? May i suggest:
https://g35driver.com/forums/20-inch...ggressive.html
- swap the springs for some legit coilovers
- Karuma Z front bumper
-Impul sides
-JDM tail lights
-Chargespeed rear bumper

There is a ton of potential for your car left. I gave you some of the basic cookie cutter pieces that i would go with. Some people will say that this setup is overplayed, but people have it because it looks the best IMO. Polishing your engine bay will always bring a smile to your face when you pop your hood too...

Lol pushing the cookie cutter look huh? And I sure hope you don't mean to intend that "legit coilovers" are better than spring/strut setups by any means

thegreatkwijibo 01-26-2014 11:32 PM

^better than S techs on Stock struts.

gary c 01-27-2014 12:17 AM

If you're still running the y-pipe exhaust you're not getting the maximum from the system. Get a dual system like one of Motordyne's or HKS. There are two mods that our members have considered "Best Bang for your Buck," Motordyne's plenum spacer and a Osiris tune. Depending on how deep your pocket are coilovers are the way to lower your ride, add sway bars and adjustable endlinks and you've got a fun ride. Exterior...wheels/tires, front bumper and sides along with f/g trunk lid. LED bulbs on your license plate and under doors are a cool touch. Best :IDEA: , attend meets/shows and see what other member are doing...Gary

Ogee 01-27-2014 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Xet (Post 6866305)
Lol pushing the cookie cutter look huh? And I sure hope you don't mean to intend that "legit coilovers" are better than spring/strut setups by any means

I'm pushing the cookie cutter look because OP is asking for my opinion on how to better his ride. Frankly, the cookie cutter look is the best way to liven things up a bit. He mentioned not going FI, so, these sort of context clues lead me to believe he's probably not interested in a $10k widebody setup. There is only a handful of possible aftermarket skirt/bumper options so after 11 years of people modding these cars everything is cookie cutter. Yes, i am suggesting that legit coilovers are better than his Tein S Techs. What sort of spring/ strut setup do you run? I always thought coils were the way to go. But, i guess i was under the wrong impression. :dunno: Kinda new to the suspension game and i haven't done a ton of research on springs or shocks. I suggested coilovers because i'm running Stance GR+ and i absolutley love them and cannot imagine a more perfect ride, and the versatility is a plus that you don't get with springs.

G_zus 01-28-2014 06:12 PM

I'm with Ogee on this one...since when are spring/strut setups better then full coilovers?

JKL1031 01-28-2014 06:22 PM

He's g probably gonna pull the koni yellow with decent springs card. Ive heard of this being better then full coil overs...but who cares right?

ScraggleRock 01-28-2014 06:31 PM

I think it depends on what you're after. If you want adjustability for track days vs daily driving then coils are the only way to go. If you want one setup and know you won't be adjusting you can find a spring/strut setup that works as well as coilovers.

For instance I kinda like my car to feel like a mix of street and track, but I like that all the time. I don't want a super cushy ride, but I want SOME comfort, so the eibach pro kit and KYB gr-2 setup is perfect for me. They work really well together for something that's just a bit more rough than stock. All warranties are still valid too.

JKL1031 01-30-2014 08:48 PM

whats a good place to shop for wheels? pickings seem so slim.

ScraggleRock 01-30-2014 09:03 PM

Wal-Mart or Pep Boys